Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

Nibelung disappears on my 64 bit Windows 7 laptop, but not on my XP desktop. However, I insta-DCed at Zak on my XP, probably because I didn't fiddle with graphics.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

At least for me, I know for sure I'm DCing a hell of a lot less on an ATI card vs nVidia card.

3. Default

For multi body bosses: I dc on my Win7 64-bit computer with an ATI card, I dc on my Vista 32-bit computer with a nVidia card. I do not dc on my stoneage XP 32-bit computer with a crappy built in card. All computers on the same broadband, the XP computer being stationary, the 2 others laptops.

4. Default

Just gonna add that Disk Defragmentation, closing all other programs and rebooting before going on boss runs always helps. The first implies it's more general memory, not specifically graphic memory.

Seems like the real question is "Does Maple run on W7/Vista?" The answer seems to be "a range of conditions from not being able to play at all to being able to go on some boss runs" which is the same for XP users.

5. Default

Can't even get to Nibelung on my 64-bit desktop, as it crashes half the time when I change maps.

XP laptop runs MS fine, practically I have never seen it disconnect unless my wifi went down. It's an old EeePC with onboard graphics and a 900MHz Celeron so it's not like processing power is an issue.

6. Default

Though that makes it sound like it is is an even problem no matter the OS, and that is just downright incorrect. Most Vista and Win7 users actually do suffer errors, given they are at a level where they can encounter these situations. I have not met a single person in game that aint forced to at least switch graphics to avoid dcing at Zakum, HT and to lesser extent Scar/Targa . Sometimes event hat wont work, sometimes they forget and crash, and once in a blue moon they forget and make it to the end. Legit 6+ star weapons are more common. Few (read close to non) XP users have issues related to the problem the former group has given they are on a machine that is on this side of the millenium.

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Same here.

Family laptop has nVidia and Vista and my own computer is 2003 XP with ATI. Works fine for 7.5 years old computer, just noisy as hell.

Obviously there's something wrong with Vista. Sometimes keys just get all messed up and I will have to restart MS to fix it.

8. Default

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=33399 Happens on XP too. In fact not one Vista/7 problem happens exclusively on Vista/7; under various conditions, the same problems happen on XP. I've experienced everything from zak disappearing to dcing on channel change to an abrupt shutfown (the computer suddenly turns itself off for no rhyme or reason; prolly the main reason my hard drive broke).

9. Default

I'll jus tput this here. My computers Vista 64 bit and I have no problems. Any problem I have is my computers fault because even if my intermanet goes out then I have to restart my computer. So anytime I lag out of MS I have to restart my computer.

10. Default

And you boss fight major bosses on a regular basis? If not, then of course you would have no problems. If you post anything, try to be more specific, lest we will end up with false positives rejecting the hypothesis about incompatibility for the wrong reasons.

11. Default

I've been on Zakum, Nibelung, and CWKPQ(on my pirate) and I did not DC or have this "flikering" issue on Zak. Even this weekend when I went I did not encounter problems the whole run.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I was more so talking about DCing in general, such as CCing, CS, MTS, FM, etc. I still DC about the same against major bosses with my ATI as I did with nVidia.

13. Default

Ah. Well about bad functionality in general then. I do not dc in the regular sense on any of my machines. On the Win7 ATI card computer I downright crash though and I think it is mostly when I am alt tabbed or change channels, Windows telling me the program has stoped working. I do not know if I would do it on the Vista computer since I do not use it much for Maple.

14. Default

I don't know why MS doesn't have the normal exception error reporting like a lot of other applications running in windows, Nexon has to come up with their version (eTracer). Looking into the coding required for the generate exception dump is not that complicated.
    For those that are interested, here it the link to the microsoft site on howto: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...49(VS.85).aspx

15. Default

Could reveal codes concerning HackShield

16. Default

With the common existence of DC hackers (which had to inject the packet spamming code into ms without hackshield detecting it) and botters (which have to come up with a hackshield bypass), is Nexon that paranoid about their failed "security measure"? There isn't anymore code it could reveal than from someone disassembling the executables.

17. Default

I've only been to Zak twice and it was long ago (before the major increase in Vista/7 bugs) and I did experience that issue although it was right as the final form died. I came back with the exp from the kill, so I somehow managed to survive through most of it without changing graphics or anything (couldn't do it as a bowman without auto-pot anyway).

As for the more recent and prevalent issues, I had the issues from either .88 or .89 up until .90 or .91 (my memory is failing me again). The issues were the same that everyone has talked about; cc, MTS, CS, portals, and just being on for too long all dced me consistently. It was initially only fixed for me via logging in from the website, but now it seems to work from launcher as well. Bugs just seem so random among people since when my problems stopped, others I knew only started experiencing them. Using a nVidia on a Vista Ultimate 64-Bit system.

One thing to note though, and it may only be a coincidence, is that once MS started working again, I've started having rare issues with any program running on the HL2 engine. When the game is started it will black out and minimize, but if I choose to open it, it will black screen to a "non-supported input" screen and nothing I can do except for restarting the computer fixes it. I only replaced this card last holiday season and am fairly certain that it isn't dieing yet, but those comments above about possible memory leaks have me concerned that it might have been why my cards have died so frequently over the last couple of years.

18. Default

I think it's safe to finally say that regardless of what configuration you have for a 32 or 64 system hardware-wise, you run the chance of D/Cing at multi-body/multi-part bosses at a very high rate if you run Vista or 7.

I can probably guess why XP 32 doesn't D/C...

Microsoft's HAL for XP32. I have a bad feeling the developers of MapleStory were using several features of the legacy HAL that are now disabled or deprecated on Vista/7. Its not bad coding mind you, but it is proof that someone didn't make an effort to view the new specs of Vista and 7's HAL when the OSes first came out to apply necessary patches to the game engine to avoid problems later on.

If that is the case... then game engine is going to need to be completely rebuilt to support the new protocols used by the Vista/7 HAL.

19. Default

You're right. I had heard everyone talking about a W7/Vista compatible client and I just took it on the chin. The game runs and feels much smoother while playing, but I have nothing to offer aside from anecdotes and that resource screencap that doesn't really address the issue: DCing at multiform bosses and other graphical hiccups.

I don't know if anyone else has this particular problem, but... Sometimes after doing something like MuLung Dojo or just doing some general exploration [it does like to hit me in Mu Lung, though] MapleStory's backgrounds will shift or warp and be completely distorted. Any of those nice 'pop-up' texts [Like WRONG/CLEAR in PQs, or STAGE X in the dojo] are also warped and illegible. This happened some days in KMS after I made that post.
    I've experienced in both GMS and KMS, so I guess that can count against there being any real graphical optimization in the engine. The game does seem less CPU intensive though. GMS still stresses one of my cores to the max no matter what I'm doing or where I am.

And, of course, the EF runners DCing constantly.