Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.349] They did what?!

1. Default

Except that in GMS Evan skills require NX. It would be perfectly fine otherwise. Oh well, by the time we get this I'll already have made a Mechanic so I probably won't care. It's nice to see that they're changing the system though.

2. Default

NEXON's done some crazy things before man.I think the unlocking would be kinda just weird. I mean sure it would be cool but why do that now? What would be the point?You would jut ditch your other class for the one you wanted anyway.

3. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Skyshooter1
    Server: Alexina
    Level: 981
    Job: Green boy
    Guild: Blasphamy
    canada

They're compressing the job creating process.

Since aran and evan characters had 2 different slots on the character select screen, they're compressing it into one slot to make space. As for the resistance, they're probably closing them down like the dual blades, who knows.

4. Default

A UI reorganization should not cause them to shut down creation of characters. The UI can easily be changed by client-side edits.

5. Default

My idea on it:
    They're removing every class and just remaking the entire "Maple story"

6. Default

My thinking is that they're doing an Adventurer-system redux for the new classes. So basically you start out as a beginner (or whatever Legend-class alternative they have for that, sort of like how they did a citizen for Resistance), and then you branch out to whatever class you choose to advance to. And then later they add new branches as they are completed, sort of how they did it with Pirates.

Only flaw with my theory is that storylines for Legends are going to have to be drastically altered. It doesn't explain why Resistance is blocked for creation either.

Just my 2¢.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

The big link regarding Aran, Evan, and the Resistance classes appears to be their quests (maybe extending into their job advancement process). None of the other classes had a significant number of story-related quests extending throughout 2nd job.

Were the Aran and Evan quests altered in any way after Big Bang? For example, I think Aran had a 6x skill quest involving Elin Forest before Big Bang, but the Elin Forest mobs got shoved into the 7x range after Big Bang. And with the new accuracy formula...

8. Default

From what I understand, they're making prerequisites for making aran and evan. Or perhaps they're expanding the story so the characters can be linked up. With the new empress blessing skill, I wouldn't be surprised they're doing something in regards for legends and resistance. Aran and evan have always been recommended for experienced players only. Remember how dual blade is limited time in KMS, and permanent in GMS. So I doubt any limiting class creation there will affect GMS.

9. Default

well, unfortunately..... maplestory is the most repetitive MMO... no offence, none of the quests are worth doing for the rewarded exp.. If it's not for the "EQs", I wouldnt even bother reading them... if you wanted a quest based rewarding MMO try guild wars instead... u'll be in max level within 1-3 days (just by questing)..... maplestory? not even lvl100 in 3 days worth of playing... it's just endless grinding period.. (mind you that's not including bossing / boss stages / PQ)... I'm solely talking on "how-to" level up effectively here. And compared it to a quest-based lvling system like guild wars, it's way way different.

/back to the topic/

It'll be interesting how they'll restructured it. I don't think they'll close down the creation of the new classes. Just don't make any sense.

10. Default

If you want to level to 100 in 3days or less i suggest you go find a private server. And whats the fun in that anyway? :l

11. Default

This IS the exact mentality problem !!! I'm not sure if you've ever played guild wars b4. In there, you don't ever nid to worry about leveling at all. The "no -worrying" of lvling and just 'questing' rewards players to quests, which are much more attractive than the endless grinding aka repetitiveness that we're talking here !!!

Not to mention about the large disparity created in the maple world between high levelers and low levelers.
    E.g.
    1) Quests that required certain levels
    2) You are generally being look down if u're low-lvlers in maple. (with the added insults from higher-level players)

The fun is to quest, and get rewards, while yet at the same time, growth in lvling (not thru grinding but thru quests rewarding exp). And maple has failed (just IMHO) in balancing this out.

All I'm seeing now in maplers nowadays are the, 'where're the training spots' more than the 'how-do-you-do-this-quest'?
    Not including the 'economy of maple' which well...... just arent suited for new players.

12. Default

That is easily the gayest thing I've ever heard of...

So if I want to make a Battle Mage I have to get an adventurer to lvl 30, a Cygnus to lvl 50, an Aran to 57, and an Evan to lvl 70?

What the pineapple.

13. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

While I agree the primary leveling source should be quests, I don't believe that getting to the cap within a week is fun at all. It's just boring IMO =/. An MMO is supposed to keep feeding you new stuff to keep you hooked onto the game, not let you get to the highest point you can get right when you start.

14. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

L>more aran quests, im wondering what happened to the seal stones the black wings took.....last quest it ended at for me was 67

15. Default

My guess it that the seal stones were used to seal the black magician.
    And since the black wings took em...
    they revived bm and thats how big bang started.

16. Default

If I remember, Black Wings used Evan to retrieve some of those stones. I vaguely remember a quest like that.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to tie in the characters more.

Cygnus try to intervene -> Failed -> Aran is revived -> Aran is bamboozled -> Evan finds Mir -> Evan is manipulated by Black Wings -> Black Mage is revived -> Evan is feeling trolled -> Resistance is created

17. Default

Hairstyle's clearly Roman...

Maybe now they're finally consolidating what different former employees of the dev team did years ago into something understandable 'tis what you get for moving your employees around every two damn years

18. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Skyshooter1
    Server: Alexina
    Level: 981
    Job: Green boy
    Guild: Blasphamy
    canada

I seriously hope they nerf the resistance jobs down a bit. Seeing videos like this mechanic:

Make me think of what kind of papayagotry is yet to come to Gms. Anymore layers of OP-fudge and maplestory's gonna become diabeticly retarded.

19. Default

Once again, that video is the result of potential system + retarded amounts of cubing giving those people fat 6-digit damage ranges. You think an average Mechanic will be able to solo Pap in less than 30 seconds, you're wrong.

20. Default

Uhu, and to add to this: Bosses will become easier with BB, that is fact. However it will not be much different from now in terms of relative power. Some of us solo Zakum in less than 30 min pre BB, some could not even do it in 2 hours.