Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

I would've given it back, regardless of the right amount. No amount of money is worth the guilt.

I've worked in retail stores, so I know how much of a headache missing money is. I've seen managers go damn near insane trying to find a missing $5, let alone something like $20.

2. Default

One time I was at a place across town and I think I gave the person a 10$ bill... they gave me the change of a 20$ bill I guess I don't remember exactly.. but I realized it when I was at home... this is like a 20 minute drive across town... and I think I was gonna get a soda down the street from my house

3. Proton Female
    IGN: MaliceMinx
    Server: Bera GMS
    Level: 19X
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Villains
    Alliance: Guildless
    New_York

I've always been the stupidly honest one who goes back and tries to return what was given in error in situations like this. Seeing as I work in a bank, I'd probably be particularly sympathetic (anything over $10 difference in the end-of-day cash balance is no good).

4. Default

if the teller was nice to me, i would've returned the $20 even if the manager told me to keep it. i would hate to see someone getting into trouble over an honest mistake after they were nice and professional.

if the teller was an ass or unprofessional, i would've accepted the $20 and tried to get the teller in more trouble 'cause that's how i operate. i treat others the same way they treat me.

i think the way you handled it was pretty good. without knowing anything else that went on, i would have done exactly the same thing.

5. Neon Atom
    IGN: xLoveHatex
    Server: Khaini
    Level: RIP
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: TurtleHeroes
    Alliance: KhainiHeroes

In simple few words, no, I wouldn'tve kept that money either. I pretty much would have felt guilty if I'dve spent it.

6. Default

I would have taken the lazy way out and called the bank... why waste precious energy and/or gas to go all the way back?

7. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

5-20 if I really needed it, but if it was over 20$ i would've taken it back.

8. Harrisonized

You should have returned it to the teller. By returning it to the manager, you jeapordized the teller's job. You mentioned in the story that the teller tried to stop you. That means that the same situation has happened before and she can't risk another time.

If it were me, I probably wouldn't return it. A bank error to my benefit. I would return it if I had an income, but I'm still a kid, and that's like 3 weeks of lunch money. Dx

9. Default

I'd have returned it, too. I don't really care much for money itself, and it's certainly not worth getting the poor teller fired or getting her pay reduced over it. Everybody makes mistakes sometimes. I know how hard a job is to come by lately, I would hate to feel responsible (even partially) for someone losing theirs atm. :\

Other than that.. I dunno, it's just not in my character to keep what isn't mine. I guess I think of it as a test of my character when something like that happens. You know, what you do when no one's looking.