Thread: [GMS] [0.90] Kaede & Hoblin

1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Need to know if the Zombie rings are perma or not.

Also, Tonosoma/Tonosama = Castellan = what

"Who dares to use my name in a mocking manner!?"

2. Default

Castellan is actually a perfect name that fits better. Castellan means a caretaker of a castle or keep, and what is Castellan? The main boss of Ninja Castle.

3. Default

Tonosama fits better for the Japanese theme, though. It means "Feudal Lord," which is exactly what the boss is immitating.

4. Default

Sort of a replacment for Emperor?

5. Default

Zombie Army Ring lasts forever.

The ring named "Explorer's Cruelty Ring" was changed to be time limited.

EDIT: Just noticed I put "Hobling" in the title. I really need to stop playing Zerg in Starcraft.

6. Default

Does that even exist? I thought it was Explorer's Cruel Ring.

7. Default

Castellan fits just as much. Tonosama = Feudal Lord. Castellan = Keeper of a Castle. They both fit perfectly, the only ones who would have a problem with this are people who need to stop thinking the original is the best when in this case they mean basically the same thing, all it is different words.

8. Default

I thought of Spain for some reason when I saw Castellan... don't know why.
    Eh, don't really care that names were changed as long as item drops didn't.

9. Default

What exactly IS this Change UI thing?

10. Default

Yeah.

It just puzzles me that Nexon uses the romanized Japanese names rather than translating them and then proceed to give the end boss of the area a completely different name. loool Either Nexon gave up the instant they began translating or they rushed it due to working on the Big Bang content.

11. Default

How does that mean its rushed? Maybe the Japanese names just fit better.

12. Default

Some people in spain are named Castellan, and spanish is also called Castellano.

I wonder what the hallowen events will be this time.

13. Default

Well, it's easy to translate them.

Genin = Low Class Ninja
    Ashigaru = Foot Ninja
    Chuunin = Middle Class Ninja
    Kunoichi = Female Ninja
    Jounin = High Class Ninja
    Nintou = Head Ninja
    Kacchuu Musha = Armored Warrior
    Tonosama = Feudal Lord

I said it looks rushed because it really does. It's like they put the names in alphabeticals and were going to come back to them but then decided, "fuck it! Let's just put it through."

14. Default

The Japanese names do fit better, and I'm sure that naruto made sure everyone knew what the Ninja names meant.

If they were in English, the names would just be "Rookie Ninja", "Ninja Apprentice" "Advanced Ninja", etc, which is boring.

15. Default

But whats the big deal if ONE name is changed.

16. Default

There isn't a big deal. It's just funny.

17. Default

Even with Nexon I have a hard time believing why they would translate just the boss's name and then go "aw f'uck it".

18. Default

Tonosama goes better for the human form. Castellan goes better for the frog form I think. They might have had a hard time deciding because the boss had two forms.

19. Default

It is funny but not rushed. It just seems they kinda went off key there, giving a Spanish sounding name in a Japanese area.