Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

Basic0 Is this computer good for maple?

Operating System: Windows 8.1
    Processor: AMD Quad-Core A6-6310 Accelerated Processor
    Processor Speed: 1.80GHz
    Cache: 2MB L2 Cache
    Memory: 4GB PC3-12800 DDR3L-1600 SDRAM memory 1X4GB (expandable to 16GB)
    Hard Drive: 500GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive

It's a desktop

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Is this computer good for maple?

Sorry, I don't know enough about hardware to tell whether the processor you have is higher or lower than what they require.
    FWIW, I have computers with much lower specs than Nexon's listed minimum, which play Maple fine most of the time, but they lag to some extent at bosses, Event Hall, and/or crowded areas. I mostly use them for mules.

Also, I'm told that the new 2D skeleton animation system KMS has started using requires even higher specs, especially of the graphic processor (which you haven't listed at all).

3. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: XJunkun
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

Default Re: Is this computer good for maple?

Video Graphics: AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, Up to 2048MB Total Available Graphics Memory as allocated by Windows

Oops sorry ��

4. Default Re: Is this computer good for maple?

The A6 processor is a 2014 series APU for notebooks. It's a lower tier APU at that as well, considering APU's range from A4 and A6 for low range and A8 and A10 for higher end.

APU's are both a CPU and GPU in one. But because they have a GPU built into the chip you usually need more RAM than normal (More than 4gb) if you wish to utilize it. Dedicated graphics cards have onboard RAM so they don't run into this problem.

It's running at 1.8GHz per core (4 cores) which is pretty low as well. I read it can be cranked up to 2.4GHz but even then it's still pretty low. It's similar to a low end Intel 3rd Gen Core i3 mobile processor.

The RAM you listed is bare minimum nowadays. Anything less than 4gb is laughable.

The HDD you listed is also bare minimum as well.

I hope you're getting a smoking deal on this thing. More than likely its a small form factor PC if they're selling it with a notebook APU. I built a PC with very similar specs here though.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD A8-7600 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($83.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($59.75 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Patriot 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($19.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($40.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($35.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $275.70
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-12 16:11 EDT-0400

If you're paying more than this you're getting ripped off. Honestly, I wouldn't buy anything less than an A10 and 8GB of RAM if I were to go the APU route.
    They don't even sell an A6 quad core processor right now from what I saw so I bumped you up to an A8 with 3.1GHz per core (over your 1.8). The A6 would probably cost 40-50 dollars though.

Will it play MS though? Probably. I just wouldn't recommend it.