Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default

As little as 600ms, yes. There was a lot of variation while I was mashing keys.

It could be that it rounds it, although I don't think that's it. If it rounded, it would be periodic while I sat there attacking and I was unable to find any sort of consistency or pattern to it.

As for the difference between server-based ticks and client-sent ticks, that's dependent on time of execution.

For all I know, one packet may have needed to be retransmitted a couple times (yes, even to 127.0.0.1) or my processor may have taken longer on one function or data setting along the way because it was busy with something else at the moment. It's not surprising that there's a variation in server-sided tick count.

With the client-sent tick count, you're guaranteed to get uniform numbers for the same thing because it only sends the tick count with packets and it will only send packets as fast as it will allow you to. Theoretically, this should be subject to the same processing pitfalls that the server is. I'm not sure what techniques are employed to remove the variation - although rounding would probably...

2. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Oh, sorry. Uhm, I just checked, and no, sadly. Could you possibly enter the database and change the value for atkSpeed (or w.e.) for pumpkin spear or something?

3. Default

Added. No guarantee that they'll be like that when Wind Booster comes out though.

4. Default

I can't find ACB on the list, is it commonly accepted that ACB is as fast as CB or you simply missed it?
    Anyways, thanks for the major contribution. :D

5. Default

ACB is the same attack. The 4th job skill itself is a passive boost to CB.

6. Default

I see..

7. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Overzone
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 3x
    Job: Lukless F/P
    Guild: Cold
    Alliance: Cold

Can someone tell me which is better to use?
    A 91 Attack, +2 STR, Level 20 Frozen Tuna
    OR
    A 65 Attack Golden Snowboard?

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

How in the world is this an arguement? Frozen tuna.

9. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Overzone
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 3x
    Job: Lukless F/P
    Guild: Cold
    Alliance: Cold

Frozen Tuna = 'Slower' Attack Speed
    Golden Snowboard = 'Normal' Attack Speed

10. Default

Oh yeah, one question.

Assassinate isn't spammable, so what do the times for it mean? DS+Assassinate (using a macro I presume)? Or was it timed by itself using some other method?

11. Default

Kinda answered that before, but basically, it's purely the execution time of the skill for 3 of its hits. This does not include Dark Sight. It was measured by holding another attack button while Assassinate was going. I could perform other tests if you'd like.

12. Default

Lol, I ought to read next time.

Edit: Oh, I just thought of something. Is it possible to time how long it takes to jump? Or does that purely depend on when you hit the ground?
    Last edited by Russt; 2008-10-10 at 12:27 AM.

13. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

In what way, you mean? It always depend on when you hit the ground. Though it's possible to calc it on a horizontal floor/map/area, but not by ticks (As they aren't depending on ticks to the server).

14. Default

At any rate... Can anyone find out the skill times for all of the infighter things? I am working on a calculator. A preview of said calculator can be downloaded here. Infighter Calculator V1.5
    I also need the times for booster and wind booster, and how they rank the times up on that chart.
    Last edited by WayOfTime; 2008-10-14 at 06:37 PM.

15. Default

Hey Bui, if you're still around, how about getting the current speeds for pirates?

16. Default

Added all 1st/2nd job knuckle/gun attacks, all 3rd job gun attacks, and Assassinate + Dark Sight. Not quite sure how the 3rd job knuckle attacks work and I'll take a look at the 4th job skills tomorrow.

Although I suspect something is largely broken here.

EDIT: As an afterthought, if I can't figure out how those knuckle skills work, I won't be able to clock their speeds (although I suspect there's really no point if they aren't spammable; I don't know much about pirates). If they are spammable, then.. I guess I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on a character that I can use to figure it out.
    Last edited by LazyBui; 2008-11-19 at 02:29 PM.

17. Default

That's depressing, Gun Double Shot is not fast enough to match the dps of archer first job skills, and slingers have lower base W. att. It's a really horrid first job, come to think of it. And I could've sworn Invisible Shot was faster than that. As it is, it's just a weaker Arrow Bomb with less range that hits 3 targets instead of six. Well, at least guns are usually Fast (5) speed, and it's an amazing sniping skill.

18. Default

So are these the skill delay times or the spammed times? For Double Upper, skill delay may have screwed over the times. But I dunno.

And it's interesting how all my previous assumptions were largely correct

19. Default

It's the delay between one use of the sk- oh. Okay, procedural error possibly on the charge skills, now that I think about it. I'll have to fix those up. Anyway, delay between one use of the skill and the next, except in specific cases.

For example, take Double Stab. It's the time between Double Stab -> Double Stab -> Double Stab -> Double Stab -> ...

That delay is generally how long it takes the attack to execute, although there are many exceptions to this. It is the delay between uses of the skill, which is effectively execution time in most cases. If you prefer a different methodology or rating, let me know what it is and I'll run all the tests you want.