Hurricane
    All: 120ms

Claw
    Lucky Seven/Triple Throw/Drain/Shadow Meso/Normal Attack
    Faster (2): 600ms
    Faster (3): 660ms
    Fast (4): 720ms
    Normal (6): 810ms

Looking at this attack time table got me thinking about Triple Throw VS SoA.

5 Arrows from SoA would be 600ms, and terms between TT is also 600ms.
    The thing is, the last 3 hits from TT are only half of the first three hits, so TT would be hit, hit, hit, 1/2hit, 1/2hit, 1/2hit. or 4 1/2.

So lets call it SoA vs Quadruple and a half throw. (Q1/2T)

In 600ms, SoA fires 5 arrows and Q1/2T fires 4.5 stars. NL's have higher critical rate, but bowmasters have higher mastery (bow expert 90%) Not to mention SE brings up bowmaster's critical higher than NL's, and SoA technically does 1/2 a hit more than Q1/2T in the same amount of time. If a NL has SE, then once again his critical rate would jump up higher than a BM's, but BM's still have that higher mastery. Would that equal the two out?

Of course with an apple + SE, a NL would win hands down.

This is just something I was thinking of in the past 15 minutes, so sorry if I sound like a complete idiot.

2. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Do it simpler. Compare the average damage of 10 hurricane arrows and 2 TTs. (total time used for both is 1200 ms)

Who is better depends on a lot of factors, really. Hurricane has a chance to have 10 criticals, and have 90% mastery, while TT has a chance to have 6 only, which puts hurricane at an advantage there.

But for instance, at horntail, using hurricane is risky in the beginning, and hurricane can't be spammed as efficiently as TT, so it's also depending on the player's skills. It also depends on the equips too. So really, it's quite hard to compare them to each other.

3. Default

I knew it. Knew it knew it knew it knew it knew it.

-tries to calculate DPS for bow FA to settle that issue once and for all-

4. Default

So, with Final Attack activating, the original skill becomes faster for Hunters?

5. Default

Well... in a way. FA fires before your ordinary attack delay would be over, so yes.

It's pretty apparent on a character with FA.

6. Default

TT has a chance to have 9 crits, if you count a crit SP star as half a crit. I think it makes sense that way, because it gets half of the effect of a regular crit.

7. DUCKS
    norway

TT with shadow partner is TT's damage multiplied by 1.5, and has no relation to criticals. But yeah, TT+SP has a higher damage multiplier than Hurricane.

8. Default

I have another question. Does the delay represent the time that passes before you can use another skill, or only the time that passes before you can use the same skill?

E.g. Boomerang Step, does the actual attack take 1950ms or does that also include the invisible cooldown? And whichever one it is, is there a way to find the other?

9. Default

That would be the time between reusing the skill again. (1950ms BS)

10. Default

So then my second question, would there be a way to find the time between using a different skill?

11. Default

You would have to time the milliseconds between the start of Boomerang Step, and then the start of a second skill, such as Band of Thieves, Assaulter, Double Stab, etc.

12. Default

Oh yeah, I forgot that the output is just the raw tick count and not the difference. It shouldn't be difficult then, just macro BStep+Savage or something.

13. Default

Boomerang Step delay until other skills are usable added. Anything else?

14. DUCKS
    norway

Faster(2) of all spearmen skills. SSB and Sky ski will get that speed with 11+ Wind Booster (well, ssb gets it at 1, actually).

15. Default

thanks for giving me another reason to quit my marksman ^___^

16. Default

Oh, what I was saying is that instead of getting +240% per crit, TT+SP gets 360% per crit, if you count a top star and a bottom star as one unit.

17. Default

Exact Total Charge Time for Pierce and Big Bang please.

18. Default

Time this, as with BStep? And other skills like that, if there are any in the data. I know Infighters have a bunch, but it doesn't look like they're there.

19. Default

Is there some spear that's Fast (4)? Even putting your mouse on Wind Booster crashes the client in this version.

Have a method for doing this? I know they send a special packet when they start, but any value I could produce would be trial and error since the attack is not automatically used at max charge. Wondering if you have an idea as to how to reduce that potential human error.

EDIT: As an afterthought, the tick count isn't even included in the special skill start packet. I'd have to rely on server time.

EDIT2: I changed the software to a completely server-sided tick count, but it displays slightly off color values for known times. Tolerance seems to be roughly 10ms.

Having said that, I'm coming up with ~2000ms in preliminary testing. I'd assume with human error that it'd be somewhere between 2000ms and 2100ms - my trials ranged from 1969-2110ms. Anything under 2000 was way too short. I elongated the window to better see the bar. This is for Pierce, of course. In my testing, booster does not affect charge time.

It was timed. I was able to switch between the two in as little time as 600ms on a Fast (5) weapon, usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 710ms.

Either way, it has no practical application at the moment and that's assuming that it's going to stay the way it currently is in the first place - which I doubt considering how much of the pirate data was added.
    Last edited by LazyBui; 2008-09-06 at 08:17 PM.

20. Default

So it's 600ms at all speeds?

I was also wondering... what if the client simply rounds the tick count to 30ms, but the speeds themselves aren't rounded at all? That would account for the differences being slightly off. The same thing happens when you subtract frames in a Fraps comparison, since attacks don't take an exact amount of frames?