Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.340] Empress Skills

1. Default

Perhaps they can make the Black Mage similar to Zakum/Chaos Zakum.

The first Black Mage as a boss can be fought with all classes.
    Storyline wise this can be a flashback area where the Black Mage first fought against the Cygnus Knights.

Then, the second Black Mage is the revived one where the Legends/Adventurers/Resistance classes are needed to fight him.

2. Default

Hooray, more attack for everyone. It's like NexonKorea wants to completely toss any progress balancing they made from bigbang out the window by forgetting that some classes get much larger multipliers

3. Default

What do damage range multipliers have to do with everyone getting more attack?

4. Default

Where did you get that delay for Shark Wave? Thunder Breakers pineappleing raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape me with it.

5. Default

Pirates, Nightlords and Mechanics benefit a lot more from watt then other classes that have a higher base watt -and- lower stat <-> watt multiplier. And as usual, mages benefit less from watt then other players.

Ah but, it doesn't really matter anymore about balancing, it's all NX that's important for your +250% stat increase... a mere +24 watt doesn't mean anything anymore... that's only like +15% damage, peanuts...

6. Default

I know that, but he mentioned multipliers.

7. Default

Claw, Knuckles and Guns have the highest stats-damage multiplier, that means that they benefit more from stat increase, which leads to a higher attack range when you multiply it with watt.

It's like (simplified):
    - 10 (multiplier) * 999 (stat) * (100)/100 (watt) = 9.990
    - 10 (multiplier) * 999 (stat) * (100+24)/100 (watt) = 12.388 (+24&#37; damage)

- 6 (multiplier) * 999 (stat) * (160)/100 (watt) = 9.590
    - 6 (multiplier) * 999 (stat) * (160+24)/100 (watt) = 11.029 (+15% damage)

Both get a +24 watt boost. I know it's simplified, but you'll get the point! :P

8. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

In the unlikely event they actually make it so those cygnus attacks work on all classes, then I'm definitely making a Dawn Warrior so my Paladin could freeze large groups without hammer by using soul driver.

9. Default

You would have to make a new Paladin to get the special soul driver. :P

10. Default

I'm not really sure if, storyline wise, the Cygnus Knights have ever fought against the Black Magician before. I only know they're a group of knights who have to protect the Empress and the Maple World from the Black Mage, and should be supposed to fight with him when he revives. Now, the Empress is only like.. ten years old, from what the quests tell us. If I don't mistake, there was another Empress in the past, and those Cygnus Knight instructors.. well, I have no idea if they were those who protected the old Empress of the Maple World and if they have ever fought against the Black Magician. Fact is: they are recruiting NEW Knights to protect the young empress, so our characters should have never fought with the Black Magician in the past. Maybe our instructors did, but us, I doubt. So that probably wouldn't work either.

11. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: lawl
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 89
    Job: Cannon Shooter
    Guild: HeliosTower
    Alliance: Leafre.net
    canada

So if i make an entirely new perma beginner it will have these cygnus skills if i get a cygnus to level 120?

12. Default

If you make it through your level 120 Cygnus, and never advance it, you could make an Ultimate Adventurer's perma beginner with those cygnus skills. Otherwise, no, normal beginners or normal adventurers in general shouldn't be able to obtain them.

13. Default

Uh, what? no. Not like that at all.

14. Default

I found it here.

15. Default

will mist and gear stack? Though I'm not sure if it would really be effective to cast two skills in the same spot for more damage.. maybe ice strike and flame gear would be nice~ =U

16. Default

Right, I forgot you can only obtain them at level 60 as an Ultimate Adventurer..

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

So i really want to know some stuff about the UA system.

1) Basically you: Get to 120 on a cygnus -> rebirth as a level 0 (ultimate) adventurer that can get to 200 and is basically a new adventurer character, yes?
    2) Do you get the skill based on what cygnus you were or does the class the UA picks determines the skill? Example: If i made my soul master into a UAbucc, would i get soul driver or shark wave?
    3) Assuming that the former is the way it works in #2, what class would benefit the most from the ability to use the current soul driver?

18. Default

What I'm curious about is the same as Takebaker above me, being able to mix attacks from classes. I get the feeling they won't mix, because shark wave probably requires a Knuckle to use, and soul driver a sword, etc. I get the feeling if you make a UA, it has to be the same class as the cygnus it came from.

19. Default

so instead of making a new character, you can get a character to level 120, then completely redo the whole process over again?

on another note, wouldn't vampire be pretty okay for nub bandits in 2nd job? Sharks would make 2nd and 3rd job much simpler for future buccaneers considering it's range.Soul driver is pretty awesome on any character too. So are sharks :P other two can go die.

20. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

1. That is correct.
    2. I'm pretty sure it depends on what class the UA is. Spadow is too vague.
    3. No idea.

Source: Spadow