Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

This one is still way better than previous attempts. The eyes and teeth once again are the biggest issue. Just look so out of place.

2. Default

Yeah, now he looks badass. The fangs were the main attention draw before; now I see his scar and hair. He looks like a real ruffian.

Best monster to date, Aslemn!

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

You could try this effect (forgot the name) that drops out some shades of colors and sharpens the shadows for it. Now it looks too blurry for maple monster.

Other than that it's great

EDIT:

Saw the previous attempt.

Then try this tip:
    Don't increase the amount of shadowing, but instead, focus on not making too strong shadows. Try to change the saturation of the color just a little bit, so that it is just enough to be noticed, but no more than that. Or even add a little nuance of some other color for it(ofc something that is close to that color though). For example in my avatars hair, some of the shadows are purpleish and some are just bright red. How important this is also depends a bit on the color sheme of the custom.

As for the "Rien mobs in steroids", make the bottom for more flat so it seems like they are actually on ground and not floating.

4. Default

I don't seem to be able to do like you said, Sat. Or either it comes terrible when completely pixelated, or it becomes good but not mapley with blurry shading. Tried for like one hour different kinds on shading in this boss, and the only decent one was the blurry like :S

5. Default

I like it and man that seems like an awesome boss idea (multiple bosses) but once again... those eyes. I just can't pinpoint what's wrong with them. I think maybe they're too bright, or perhaps it's the outline is too thick.

6. Default

Regarding the eyes: I think it has something to do with the shading of the faces. Right now, the faces are fairly round, with no definition. You need to define the cheeks more and make the eye area look just a little sunken in.

7. Default

Like this? As i see the MS faces have a little shade between and under the eyes. :o

8. Default

WOW

So much better!

You should try and adjust some of the other images just to see how it looks.

9. Default

Eh, still feel like that one doesn't fit maple.

But you're definitely improving. Looking forward to your future creations a lot more now.

10. Default

Yeah yeah like that! Awesome!

11. Default

These mobs are starting to look better and better every time you post the newest one. Id have to agree with the others about the bottom of the Rien mobs with its non-ms look. As for the leaf and eyes look fantastic.

For the bird, it seems a little sharp, the top left most part of its head where it seems to flatten out seems like it should curve more. I like what you have done with the wings and feet. Especially the red coating on them.

With the scorpion, i dont know if its just accidental or intended, but it seems a white pixel seems to be misplaced, on the second strand of hair. Otherwise, perfect.

The symbols (forehead and bandanna), they add a certain something* to the mob then if it wasn't there. : ) Keep up the great work

*can't think of the right word, or too many to put in
    Last edited by rubberband; 2011-04-03 at 02:47 AM.

12. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Your work improved from the last time I looked. Which was only about a week!

Keep it up and you shall make pony pictures for us.
    LOL, no, actually, don't do that, the pony hype started dying lol.

L>Signature? :D

13. Default

Thanks. Didn't even notice that white pixel in the hair :S
    I noticed it on the bird's head tho, it doesn't look as round as it's supposed to. Gotta fix these :o