Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

That is disappointing @ skills only apply to one who uses them. At the least, I'd like to see skills work guild-wide or something. Like how there party-wide Family buffs in addition to single Family buffs for yourself.

2. Default

I think that says enough.

3. Default

@above

So it does work when you're in different maps, but it just doesn't show up as a buff or red text in the stat screen?

4. Default

Right. Apparently, it was changed in the last patch to make it work for everyone, not just the person casting the skill. What I said in the post before was just a bug.

5. Default

if the 10+ mil is only for the initial buying of the skill then it's not a problem. the renew price is defintely reasonable. I'm happy seeing this :) 100 guild members + 1mil each = all guild skills?

6. Default

Hmm, so I suppose my idea of retirement guilds will have a true use after this system is implemented. With the points applied for activity, many semi/inactive players will be booted from guilds along with most people's alts. I think that the layout of guilds will change after this system is released; entire alliances based on mains only, followed by an alliance for alts run by the same group, then the retirement guilds for the semi-active/non-training members. If people are flexible, they could have one retirement guild per alliance to be nice to their friends over the efficiency of the systems.

I'll probably restart my old guild as a retirement guild once this hits GMS seeing as the only reason I stayed where I was was a stubborn friend and they left for WOW. Never experienced GPQ, so it won't really change anything for me.

7. Mercury
    IGN: Zero Two
    Server: Everywhere
    Level: 000
    Job: Mind Control
    Guild: Dark Matter Legion
    Alliance: Dark Mind

This is the sort of thing ive always wanted guilds to have. Now if theyd just make a Chaos Guild Quest...

8. I've got no strings Straight Male
    IGN: Ryukiro
    Server: Scania
    Level: 183
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Vigilante
    Alliance: Lore
    North_Carolina

I really like this. Makes it seem like the guild's working together now.

^^ This too.

9. Default

too bad criticals suck after Big Bang.

and if that's what they'll really cost in official then congratulations to KMS on once again making something that looks interesting, then nerfing it into uselessness. Not that i was fond of "Give more power to the big guilds who try to run the whole server" update anyway.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

How is it useless if all other buffs other than 10% EXP last for 24/72 hours? Also, I don't really see how it's gving more power to big guilds when it's nothing crazy like giving an ultimate as a guild skill and is seemingly affordable enough to always have at least one of the 72 hour buffs up all the time.

11. Default

you think 90 million every 3 days is reasonable? Maybe if your guild's 100 members who are constantly going on boss runs to make money.

12. Default

To me it sounds like it's 90m for the first time, so that's why there's a renew price.... Any real info about this?

13. Default

The 99.9m is the price to level up the skill to 5. It only costs 700k per hour. Unless you're activating it 24/7 it's not that bad.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'd say critical is better now.

15. Default

Disclosure: I don't play KMST, don't take my word for it.

From what I understand, and from what makes the most sense to me, is that you pay the large fee to level up the skill, but then every time after that is the renew fee.

16. Default

Now this i really need to hear. How so exactly? I've hit criticals in KMS that were lower than non-criticals from the same attack. in GMS the difference between a critical and a non critical is about 10,000 damage. HOW is that better?

17. Default

Because criticals now put everyone on even footing rather than having huge bias toward small, multiple hits. It's not better for bowmen or thieves, but it's better for everyone's balance.

18. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Because crits affect everyone evenly. Crit is no longer a damage bonus that's most effective for 3 or 4 classes out of like 22. It doesn't help much in lower levels, but at higher levels it's a lot more of a bonus. The higher your % stats, the higher your critical damage. It's a simple, effective system that works much better for every character rather than favoriting ranged classes and to some extent, buccaneers when training.

19. Default

The new critical system is also much more elegant. No "hidden" +100% bonuses to compensate for how poorly thought out the original system was. The classes that relied heavily on critical hits now have much higher base damage to compensate, so it's not really a problem.