Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: [GMS] [0.89] Visitor

1. Default

Honestly I have to disagree about it being poorly executed. I thought they did a splendid job on the entire storyline--the quests, the characters, the timeline of how everything goes and the way that the whole storyline moves on "real" time.

Like Isaac said (I think it was Isaac...), they are trying a lot of new things for this event, and overall, they did pretty well for the first time.

2. Default

Sneaking past the aliens (stealth mission), moving platforms, after killing an alien a device appears that spawns a couple more of the same kind of aliens, etc.

I'm liking all that!

3. Default

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not, lol.

Well, if it wasn't, agreed. All of those are pretty cool. I think the stealth mission is most unique; I think, though, the moving platforms were long overdue for Jump Quests. I feel like they could've been implemented a longggggg time ago.

4. Default

What I by meant poorly executed was that Nexon was being Nexon and screwed something up(copypasting the entire patch from Tespia, in this case) when the patch was implemented.

5. Default

The moving platforms are very impressive because footholds in maple are usually hard-coded X/Y values in the map data, which would mean they had to be stationary. For a long time i assumed it was impossible but they've found a way around that so big props for that. Just... man, they really need more thorough QA because things like this invincible monster overload shouldn't be making it to the live servers on a regular basis.

All in all though the new tricks they've tried out are giving me reinvigorated hope for some cool stuff in the future. Now if they can just clear up the windows 7 issues so i can actually try it.

6. Default

That's true. Although, I can see why they thought it was perfectly OK to copypasta the entire thing from Tespia, because up until the point where they closed it, the only glitch me and my GF encountered, was the issue of the 4th mini-boss spawning inside the Alien Ship PQ (since he didn't spawn, you couldn't make it to the final boss of the entire PQ, thus you couldn't finish it). Everything else worked pretty much perfectly.

Indeed. (I can't really say that I feel the pain of the Windows 7 issues and stuff, since I still use XP.)

This may open some doors to GMS finally doing more original content and making up for all the lost time in regards to Masteria. I certainly hope so.

7. Default

The monkey looks a little ulgy imo ._.

8. Default

Anyone know if the sun bleached hair is available yet ?
    The others seem to be.

9. Default

Does the Other pet items like item pounch and auto pot will be permanent too? or only the pets will be? thanks