Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Urrrrrrr... someone who knows their "pumpernickel" please confirm or deny, but I'm pretty sure you can't put a "trojan" (executable code) inside an item in the game. Traded items are just numbers, a set of attributes, that go from one client to another; it's not like sending a file. Looting a coin? That's not even an item, just a message to increment a counter.

I'm gonna call BS on this unless somebody who knows the Maple code inside and out can confirm. >_<

2. Harrisonized

I think a more plausible explanation for the MSEA hacks is the relationship between a character and it's rank on the website. The reasoning behind that is that otherwise, GMS's rankings's relationship to a character itself would not be severed.

And I agree with the guy above me that the loot-a-coin hack isn't possible. If it were, then hacker mules would just hang out in skelegons and drop coins and then the person training wouldn't be able to distinguish between a meso dropped by a person and a meso dropped by a monster.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-10-15 at 04:29 AM.

3. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Southperry:
    Server: Land
    Level: of
    Job: Chinchillas,
    Guild: Pineapples,
    Alliance: and opossums.

the origin of all these "loot-a-coin hack" rumors is mostly the maple messenger exploit and the trade hack, which both existed at some point of time, required packet spoofing and got patched quite a long time ago.

4. Default

I got scammed twice, which is why I never trade random people unless buying or selling.

5. Default

A better way, I suggest, is to rely on a friend you know for real, and meet him often. That way, he wouldn't dare to scam you

6. Default

Yeah, and it helps to be big and scary, too. That's why you should always work out before transferring mesos.

7. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Southperry:
    Server: Land
    Level: of
    Job: Chinchillas,
    Guild: Pineapples,
    Alliance: and opossums.

actually now that we got hackshield you can open two maplestories on the same comp.

8. Default

This is good for new or people who have played a long time on Maple.

One problem (I think) is that people might actually take the scam and use it. But other than that, I learned to never trust free things. Cause it ain't free.

9. Default

I have a scam that's not on this list:

The "I'm a GM" scam.

Intro:
    A noob trades you, impersonating a GM.

The situation:
    You are just strolling around. Suddenly, a low leveled person trades you. He says "Hi, I'm a GM. I have noticed something a problem on your account. I suggest you give me your ID, Password, and PIN, and then I'll fix your account." You give him your account info, and he tells you to log off. Then, you try logging on again later, only to find out that your PIN has been changed. You've been had.

The solution:
    Keep in mind that Game Masters will NEVER ask you for your account information. It even says so on the MapleTips.