Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mechanic] Myles' Mechanic Guide

1. Default

Hella nub. My cousin's WH did 10k richochets at that level >.O

loljk

2. Default

NB: This guide is outdated. I'm going to follow it because I liked it in kMS and it worked for me, but I know people who swear by different builds which I don't see the point of.

Like Wild Hunters, some skills are better suited for different people. Just go with what you think's right.

3. Default

Portal's a bit buggy, not sure if it's supposed to be like this, but if the portals are slightly further away than your screen's width at 1024x768 res, they don't link.

4. Default

No they do, or at least I think they do. It's just that when you move away from them, they "turn off" but actually when you go back to them they open their glowing mouths again. That was at Kerning Square, from escalator to escalator (bottom level). I used Portal to counter KS.

Also, has any of the Mechs training at MY still miss on MY mobs? I've not seen one yet - Level 51 Mech on Muddy Banks 1.

Hadriel

5. Default

That's nice..

Soo..

In GMS.. we still leave Booster at 13?

Sorry, didn't realize I was double posting.. D=

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Portals being too far away not linking isn't a bug. They have a set distance to which if they are too far away, it won't work. This has been known since KMST.

7. Default

Ah, good to know that I'm not crazy.
    3rd job I went/ am going to do

1 siege 1 rock n' shock 1 metal fist
    Amplifier
    Rock n' shock
    Siege <-- this far into the build so far, it's workin' out pretty good.

Mostly training on flat maps, using drill rush to feed the shockers.

Satellite
    metal fist
    dice
    healing robot
    then punch, which I don't really want to max, I just don't see the use of it to be honest, it looks to me like laser blast replaces it instantly at 4th job.

8. Default

Depends what you prefer. Lower MP cost & more damage from Rocket with 130 second Booster, or 200 second booster with higher MP cost & less damage from Rocket. I'm going with 20 Booster/13 Rocket, lol.

9. Default

I can vouch for a magnetic field - first build.
    Spoiler

after MF (or rock and shock) i think ill go fist mastery then acceleratior then lucky dice. accelerator should ensure my 1-hits.

10. Default

I maxed Metal Fist Mastery first, and now I'm doing Roll of the Dice. The training spots that I've used in the 70s and will use into the 80s are drill spam with flamethrower/atomic mixed it. Punch Launcher has too much of a delay so it's not really spamable like Flame/Atomic are.

11. Default

Is Rocket used for damage anyways? or just jumping..

12. Default

It does a great damage (360&#37;) for a skill that is only supposed to boost you up. 83% of Atomic Hammer damage. Post Chaos it does only 180% (but with doubled MP cost), however you should be on 4th job already when Chaos patch gets to gMS, so you could just leave Heavy Weapon Mastery at level 13 and max both Rocket Booster and Mechanic Rage.

Actually, not maxing Heavy Weapon Mastery seems like a good idea, even pre-Chaos. You only need Gatling Gun for Mu Lung Dojo until 4th job and Flamethrower for PyPQ, otherwise I don't see much use for those skills.

13. Default

To be honest, I'd rather place 1 point in MF at Lv70 then work on everything else so that I can place MF at one side of the map to decimate the mobs while I work on the other.

14. Default

Magnetic Field may be the only reason I'd get past Level 70 with a Mechanic..

It's just too, unreal xD
    Up to 3 lines of shockage destroying anything in their path, while you attack other mobs or sit and watch..

Just too appealing.

15. Default

Too bad it gets lolnerfed post-Chaos

Seriously, so many skills to nerf, why nerf Rock'n'Shock? And why adding a 180 secs cooldown, dammit Nexon...

16. Default

It hurts so much... but thats why i'm abusing it now. it would've at least been justified to put it at 90 second cooldown (so that it matches up with 4th jobs bot mastery...) but oh wells.,,

17. Default

Mechs can hit Jesters at lvl58 (with a lot of misses of course) but the .60&#37; exp(@lvl58) more than offsets ur time killing them. A good place to train from 58-75 or higher, is the 'Library' in the Mansion. Rocket Boost, offsets the need to find the hidden portals in the maps. And you can drill across the maps. Scarecrows & Hoodoo/Voodoos exp is above avg then most other monster at that lvl. Only thing u have to worry about is zombies which are 1HKO.

18. Default

I'm maxing rock n shock first, being able to semi-afk while training at sahel 2 is nice.

19. Default

ikr?

homework + training = ftw

20. Default

I'm just getting to Rock N' Shock now, in my mid/late 90s. Not much use for it in small flat maps aside from the above two posts here. I highly recommend maxing Roll of the Dice ASAP. Even if you don't get the 30&#37; EXP, most of the ones you get help considerably and help out in EXP gain. If you want to train even faster on Mechs, it's a definite early max. Honestly I would've done it first if I knew how useful it was before-hand.