Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mechanic] Myles' Mechanic Guide

1. Default

Question..?

How long does it take to get from Level 1 - 30?

I wanna see how long, compared to how long it took for my Bowmaster (1-30) in El Nido..
    It took, from right after patch, about 8 pm to like.. 2 am... about 3-4 hours basically?

2. Default

3-4 hours? You kidding me?
    I can understand that on a Resistance char from all the quest spots being so crowded, but on an Adventurer?

3. Default

Maybe the fact that it was a brand new server will help my case?

And not to mention that I was one of the first to reach 2nd job, if not, one of the first Hunters in El Nido?

4. Default

Honestly it's pretty much the same for 1-30 as a Mechanic as any other class. You can't start comparing class training speeds especially at that level 'cause even if there is a difference it's minimal since it takes almost no time to hit 30, especially these days.

Who cares how long it takes someone to hit level 30 anyways? Rofl. If it takes him 3-4hours cool. Took me probably just as long, I wanted to explore with BB y'know.

5. Default

Exactly. I wanted to see who was playing in this new server.. what it's like.. plus BB changes.. tyvmuch.

6. Default

Well 8 'til 2 is 6 hours, not 3-4, and you DID ask how long it should take, so criticism was invited by yourself. Could take 2 hours, could take 10, depending on hard you grind and how much you prioritize pure leveling speed... you should know your own pace better than other people on this forum. It'll probably take a similar amount of time if that was your usual pace; any decrease in time will largely be due to deviation from your past attempt in effort or action rather than class.

7. Default

For 2nd job, I'd rather have booster maxed and rocket not maxed, just so that I can use it as a visual indicator for lucky dice's cooldown in 3rd job.

Am I making a mistake if I do this?
    I mean longer booster sounds pretty nice to me, and it would be a nice change from my battlemage.

8. Default

I would think so. Not maxing rocket takes away 42% damage to have booster for 70 more seconds. Really isn't any point to it.

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I'd max booster too. Having a paladin as my main, I feel that the longer a buff lasts the better it is. Having to recast buffs is just annoying, and since rocket jump isn't really something I'll be using to attack monsters I don't see how that 42% damage is going to affect my training all that much.

10. Default

I would rather not max Heavy Weapon Mastey because both gatling shot and flame are replaced on 3rd job.

11. Default

But siege mode has a cooldown.
    And wouldn't you want maxed heavy mastery just for the DoT on flamethrower?

12. Default

Level 10: +3 Prototype (3); +1 Gatling Shot (1); +1 Screw Pucnh

We get 5 skill points at lvl 10? Woa nice!

13. Default

All Resistance characters do.

14. Default

Been using this guide.. thanks Myles..

I don't like Flamethrower though o_o

15. Won't Be Coming Back Gay Male

IGN: Scofflaw
    Server: Cain
    Level: 70
    Job: Wrecking Ball
    Guild: Factory
    canada

Neither do i :/

16. Default

Yaaaa

Why use Flamethrower?
    If I don't feel like Drilling them.. HAMMA TIME.

17. Default

Ditto. I've only been using Rocket as means of moving 'round the map, rather than using it to attack with.
    I prefer longer booster.

18. Default

lets say i would rather max booster than something else. what would yall recommend not maxing instead?

heavy weapon mastery (do gatling or flamethrower see any use or improvement later on?)? jump? hammer (13 hammer seems good enough to me, but only if its a skill that gets replaced in 3rd job)? pretty sure i will want max portal since the timer significantly increases over those 7 points....

im wondering which skills wont see much use after 2nd job.

19. Default

Psst..!

How am I doing? :o

(Level 45 doing 8.7k with Hammer Arm)

20. Default

Horrible. I'm doing at least 12k. AT LEAST.