Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: [Mechanic] Myles' Mechanic Guide

1. Default

The damage from Rocket Jump is pretty useless, so you don't need more than 1 point in it. And saving a few mp points at the cost of added survivability/damage or a short booster is a horrible idea. It's not like pots cost anything to begin with and I recommend switching to gingers when you get like 4k hp or so, and then you won't need mp pots regardless.

And yes you will find it easy to train all the way up to 105-110, even with a crappy gun. I personally used a 100%'d maple gun all the way up to lv120 and it didn't slow me down at all until lv110. Training up till then is just too easy, all you need is a lot of drill rush and the occasional hammer for things that didn't die.

2. Default

You won't even use rocket really to move around much, it'll just be used when say walking through maps to get to your main spot. When you're in 4th job (Before LHC came out), I would use easily 1000+ honsters before even a single stack of mana bulls.

3. Default

You definitely have some choices here.

My rocket launcher started to one hit truckers at level 50. Mechanic rage (booster) has a 1400ms on prototype, but like 300ms in tank form. Booster is a must max in my opinion, it pairs up nicely with dice. I've actually forgone heavy weapon since my build always concentrates on 4th job; you won't use gatling and flamethrower ever again in 4th. But if you plan to go to LHC, you will still need to use gatling for a bit. If I were you, I would ditch rocket and max everything else.

4. Default

^Which leaves you at 13 rocket. With LHC training, you don't even use rocket that much

7x-9x: Go jesters or equivalent, no need to rocket as you can use portals

9x-10x: c-2 or mp3, again no real use for rocket

10x+ captain/cru, DGP, LHC, again no real use for rocket

While it's nice to have more damage on it, you'll barely use it at all for that use

5. Default

Not to mention that in chaos the damage is pretty lol.

6. Default

When the SP reset comes from Chaos, I'm just taking points out of Heavy Weapons. It's far more useless at 4th job than Rocket is.

7. Default Re: Myles' Mechanic Guide

Anyone have a Post Revamp build o.o?
    and what should i pick for the special mastery book? im thinking of the laser but im not too familiar with the class

8. Default Re: Myles' Mechanic Guide

build priority for 4th job mech only skills should be:
    extreme mech > laser > tank/BnT > BnT/tank > ampbot
    (tank vs BnT depends on your training style, though im too high level (already have both) / been too busy with DS to make a real suggestion)

only thing that changes pre-4th is that you should max physical training either after mastery or when you need it to stay low str / strless