1. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

I kinda dont like this, they should have the 5%/lvl kick in when the mob is 5 or more levels above your own, and have the small range where you are within a few levels be based on ACC.

2. Default

The purpose of accuracy was to offset melee character's ability to fight against higher level monsters. We shouldn't be taking it away even if potential equips let ranged characters withstand more damage (because there's a huge difference between being able to withstand damage twice or three times versus just once).
    You could say the same for magicians in versions with Masteria/Crimsonwood Keep (GMS and JMS). [edited]

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

KMS and JMS doesn't have CWK.

4. Default

It has a modified version which sells % potions.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

KMS doesn't, JMS does. Saying JMS's versions of CWK is like saying an android is human.

6. Default

For the purposes of my argument I don't care if a flying monkey sells the potions so long as the potions are sold. You're nitpicking... I was wrong on KMS; there should be a penalty for melees in KMS and melees and magicians in GMS and JMS.

7. Default

Why? Before NLC came out, I'd quit my melee character because it cost too much to repot if I trained appropriate to my level. At the same time, my NL's never used % pots to train, and it's always been profitable, even going to mobs 20+ levels higher than itself. Mostly cause it's a lot easier for ranged classes to avoid getting hit (to my knowledge, Dual Ghost Pirates are the only mob in the game that has a long range magic attack but no shortrange one). I don't know if KMS updates have made it possible for melee characters level 80-120 train without losing money every time they repot... but it does kinda seem fair.

If I still had to use Melting Cheese, I'd be getting 4000 hp for 4500 mesos, instead of 4000 hp for 2100 mesos that Ginsengs cost. That would fairly quickly make me completely broke, since I already spend 80% of what I loot training on HP pots..

8. Default

Night Lords are an exception I suppose because of flash jump; corsairs too with back jump shot.
    ...which leaves bowmen I suppose with no way whatsoever to withstand higher-level monsters without hp and hp potential equips.

Still for bosses like feudal lord and pink been, hp washing is the only way melees can even challenge them. Wouldn't you feel it's unfair that melee classes can (using legit means) fight bosses ranged classes can't? I always felt it was a trade off between accuracy and survivavility (the absolute most defenseless class, archers, have the highest ability to hit higher-level monster if it could withstand them. Warriors on the other hand can withstand almost all bosses but misses if they attempts them at a lower level). Without the trade-off, there's nothing stopping a melee that hits 150 to go to Horntail. This would be a significant advantage that could distort the power balance between the classes (Horntail drops are a huge part of the Maplestory economy; one that makes thousands of dollars for some well-connected, organized and dedicated losers.)

[edited] Also I have huge qualms about CWK potions (mainly because they made elixirs worthless and would cause inflation) but that's a topic for another thread.

[edited] Bowmasters and Crossbowmasters are still forced to use cheeses or milks because the % recovery isn't enough to get us through the next attack. If we tap ginseng we might be able to recover just in time for the next attack but we'd barely be able to slip in an attack. Further making the equation complex is the nature of archer's main attack skills, hurricane and piercing, which doesn't allow you to use pots while using the skill. Bowmasters might still be able to (barely) pot twice after being hit but because there's a shooting motion after piercing ends so crossbowmasters are dead if they try stupid pomegranate like that. Using pet auto-pot would still allow you to use ginseng but it makes more sense to mob quicker with cheese than to spend longer mobbing using (more) ginseng.
    Night lords can use life drain and corsairs can use potions while on ships so yeah archers are again the only jobs who are forced to use expensive pots. Nexon really loves us ._.

9. Self-titled badass
    IGN: Gambiarra
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 131
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    usa

Monsters drop potions like they drop etc. pieces now. I haven't trained on really high level stuff yet, but hopefully their drops will keep up with the demand.
    Last edited by Cancambo; 2010-08-10 at 06:34 AM.

10. Default

I think I read somewhere that that only applies to the potions players would use at low levels.

Unless I'm remembering the price reduction and not the drop rate. x.x

11. Default

Golems drop 3 pots per kill. Blue, Orange, white. Sometimes Red.
    30 levels later, I get about two Pang Tails per White Potion.

Every potion is cheaper now, as far as I've seen. The lower the recovery, the better the rate. (ie: 3 meso Red Pots, 98 meso White)

12. Self-titled badass
    IGN: Gambiarra
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 131
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    usa

Nevermind, potions have pretty much stopped dropping at level 80+ mobs. With a zhelm/max iron will, I still only take ~300 damage per hit at B-1 so picked up mesos/equips easily pay for the pot costs.

13. Default

Anyone turned this into a calculator yet? I could whip one up real quick if not.

Edit: Nevermind. Too lazy.

14. Default

I have a Paladin Post-BB, and I can say with upmost certainty that as long as you have a ZHelm with at least +15 Dex, Warriors need no Dex. I have a HTP and ZHelm on my Pally with no other Dex Gear, and can 100% hit everything my level or lower. Granted, PB will be an issue, but as Fiel said, it's only something like 13% with 100 ACC, but with my Pally I have a little over 250, so it's probably something more like 8 or 9%. Not really a big deal, especially since by PB's level I'd have more accuracy problem from other crap I picked up along the way.

So officially, Warriors can go Dexless now with absolutely no issues what so ever.

15. Mercury
    IGN: Zero Two
    Server: Everywhere
    Level: 000
    Job: Mind Control
    Guild: Dark Matter Legion
    Alliance: Dark Mind

With the whole potions eating your money bit...ive made that not true for myself. I simply grind Neiblung or whatever its name was in Neo City for elixirs and also stockpile them on mules for when the Big Bang hits. Havent needed to buy potions every since he started dropping alot. Training is pure profit.

16. Default

With BB, Blue Mushmom is Level 18, and drops Elixirs and Power Elixirs in hordes so it's pretty easy to get pots once it hits anyway. Plus you can get scrolls and crap to sell to get money too.