1. Proton

IGN: BuddyAran
    Server: Cassopeia
    Level: 115
    Job: Aran (13/02/11)
    Guild: Not telling
    Alliance: Not telling also
    malaysia

Actually when I roughly read through I already know what range of level has in common...

2. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Stupid question, but when using APs to calculate these various stats, are you using base stats or total?

I'd assume it's total since that's how it has always worked, but I just want to make sure!

3. Default

Very nice, even if warriors cannot 100% pink bean @ level 180, it's still around 91% if they have 225 accuracy, which should be the case for almost most dexless warriors. Now please crack how mob accuracy works Fiel, I'm dying to know how evade works after BB.

4. Default

With the new formula, for example, my Paladin will go from ~165 base accuracy to ~215 accuracy.

The 400 acc ludi cape will really fill in the gap though. Depends if 9% better hitrate is better or worse than your regular cape's damage bonus I suppose.

5. Default

I'm liking this formula. At least it will probably be easy to at least 90% hit everything for Warriors, if not 100%.

6. Default

Same thread. It's total.

7. Default

Another interesting concept is that, due to truncating, more ACC doesn't always benefit you.

For example, if you have 9 ACC, you will block against up to 3% of MISS determined by mob avoid. If you have 10 ACC, you will still only block 3%. You won't actually block 4% until you reach 16 ACC.

This will eventually mean more at higher levels. Going from 226 ACC up to 255 ACC doesn't help you a damn bit.

8. Default

Nonetheless, 255 accuracy or higher is easy as hell to achieve after the Big Bang. After Mastery, Blessing, and any equips that may give accuracy by default (like Zakum helmets), any warrior shouldn't have a single problem being DEXless and still having enough accuracy to hit 100%. I mean, my completely unfunded Crusader (with 4 base DEX) in KMST with absolutely zero accuracy from equips, but only 12 accuracy from Blessing and the 60 accuracy from Mastery, it has over 120 accuracy base.

Absolutely no one should have any problems with accuracy after the Big Bang. It's extremely simple to do now.

9. Default

Now, what would the purpose of archers having such high accuracy if we can get enough accuracy to 100% hit PB by 100 (the required amount, not counting level), even though we have to wait til 180?

10. Default

I have to say, that's not a very impressive accuracy formula. With about 50 accuracy you have a 93%+ hit rate on everything in the game equal to or lower than your level except Pink Bean. Accuracy seems pretty inconsequential, especially considering how much damage can vary from one person to the next. Why even bother getting +200 accuracy or so when you can get +2~3% main stat for a larger damage boost?

11. Default

Nice fckover for Cygnus... a lvl120 Cygnus misses 25% of all hits of Papulatus, just because some tard at Nexon made it lvl 125, and not 120 or 110...
    Pianus is lvl 110, and does more dmg, sure...

Let's just fckover this whole game... so only pservers are fun again, and only old-skool-maple-pservers have players that do less then 1mil damage / hit... :')

No really... Maple will become such a crappy game with all this shiet... besides that, what's the use of bossing anyway with potential scrolls + big bang...
    Bossing items (Zhelm/HTP) increases your damage for +/- 3%, while NX can boost your damage for 250%, if not more...

There is no reason to play this game anymore...

12. Default

Nexon isn't really ahead of their own game, it's fans like us that are. I'm sure they'll do something about papulatus, eventually. Notice how they've reduced zakum level after big bang already implemented. They're just pushing contents out to keep the game going, without really analyzing things to the extreme. It's like playing maplestory beta 2, where each patch is just fixes on existing concepts and idea. It's a just strategy to trick the players into thinking "yes we're getting updates!"

They should just do away the accuracy formula altogether. Why are warriors the only class penalized with accuracy anyway? The 5% reduction per level is nice, it'll do away leeching. When you say truncating problem Fiel, does it mean it floors the acc % once again? I'll be surprised if that's the case since isn't damage range fixed so it actually rounds?

13. Default

It floors the square roots. Since both the mob avoid and your ACC are floored, it's about equal.

14. Default

If I were in charge of the zoo:

First of all, get rid of the distinction between Physical and Magical accuracy. Last time I checked, there isn't a single class that uses both physical and magical attacks. I don't know if mages swinging their staff still counts as a physical attack, but sorry Nexon, people don't use their regular attacks unless they're Arans or they're trying to break a box. You got rid of Physical / Magical damage on the stat screen, now get rid of Physical / Magical Accuracy. You guys know how to program Corsairs to have pomegranate avoid with the same amount of dex that Buccaneers have, so do the same for accuracy. Just use a different formula depending on which class it - hang on.

Why the hell does every class get accuracy from their main stat but Warriors? Is there some reason slashing at a big pillar is less accurate than firing arrows from the other side of the screen? When Maple was young, sure. Warriors are the only class that aren't limited by some sort of secondary stat. So it made sense to use accuracy as a way to force them to add into dex. But over time, the abundance of accuracy equips has wrecked that system. Now it feels more like a punishment for having done nothing wrong. This game has four stats, but there is really no point in adding those stats into anything but your primary stat, except to dedicate a small number of points into a secondary (or tertiary) stat to equip your items. Why do stats have secondary effects at all? DEX-based classes aren't going to add LUK so they can have more avoid. And they don't need the overabundance of accuracy they get simply from adding points into the stat that their damage most depends on.

Accuracy = 10 + level x 2 + Bonus Accuracy

It's a simple formula. It's pretty close to what the formula is right now for most classes, if you mess with the multipliers. It scales linearly, and it allows accuracy from equips to make a noticeable difference without accounting for ALL accuracy.

A system that incorporates this accuracy formula should do the following:
    - Limit low level players from hitting much higher level monsters. The current formula does this quite well with the -5% per level.
    - Make higher levels of accuracy actually worth having. Having 483 accuracy should be noticeably better than having 400 accuracy. You shouldn't be able to almost always hit everything with two digit accuracy, and only gain the last 5% hit rate through having ungodly levels of accuracy.
    - Allow mobs to have variable levels of avoid. It makes sense for Cornians to be harder to hit than something like big clumsy Blue Dragon Turtles.
    - Not be stupid. Why the hell would you square root avoid? You set the avoid values to perfect squares. Wouldn't it be easier to...you know, not square root and just use small numbers?

15. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

If you don't want to play then don't. Almost nobody uses Cygnus characters anymore because they suck, plus you could get to 120 with the new EXP requirments in rougly 5 days of training for 5hrs. As for your comments about maple and private servers; please stop having negative thought about everything, or if you can't do that just keep it to yourself.

16. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Paul, does the game set the Accuracy Rate to 100 before or after the level penalty is taken off? This has an interesting bearing on the equation as it answers whether or not massive accuracy can help one hit a monster at a higher level than the character level. For example, a 175 Hero attacking Pink Bean with 225 base accuracy would have a 65% Accuracy rate after all is said and done. However, if he increased his accuracy to 2500, would he have a 100% rate (assuming the adjustment down to 100 is done at the very end), or would he still have a 65% rate (meaning it's done after the equation calculations, therefore proving that unlimited accuracy means squat if you're lower leveled than that of the mob)?

Sorry for the wordiness.

17. Default

The code he included applies the level penalty last, but it's applied as long as you are out leveled by the mob.

18. Default

It's impossible to get past 100 - 5*(MobLvl - CharLvl) chance to hit, regardless of accuracy.

19. Default

Unlimited accuracy means squat if you're below the mob level. You could have 9999 ACC and still miss 100% of the time because the mob's level is 20+ higher than yours.