1. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Small update. Tell me what does it look like so far. I'll keep updating tomorrow :)

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

What? No Actraiser? It's a game for the SNES. I don't recommend Actraiser 2, it loses the stuff that makes this first one so memorable in exchange for pure Nintendo Hard action.

Premise: You are God ("Master" due to censorship), who got into a deadly battle with Satan and his minions (censored to "Tanzra"). Needing to recover from his wounds, God is forced to reside in his Sky Palace and falls into a deep slumber, meaning the Earth gets ravaged by Satan until you wake up. Yes, in this game God is mortal in the sense he CAN die. In terms of censorship, only God and Satan were changed in names. Everything else with religious undertones is still there.

Waking up from your slumber, you now need to go down and purge the Earth of Satan's demons and minions and rebuild the world. To fight, God reanimates statues of himself on Earth, armed with holy armor and a sword. The game combines aspects of action/platform/RPG/Sim gaming. In between levels you help rebuild civilization, guiding your people where to rebuild, sealing up monster lairs, and getting stronger as the population grows and you gain more worshipers.

It's probably the most awesome game where you play God, literally.

This is a video of the very first stage, and it is awesome.

3. Default

Will go through Nintendo tomorrow but added my agreed recommendations, some new games and fixed some typos like "rouge galaxy"

Playstation

Playstation 2

Playstation 3

You can just copy and paste this in place of your list, I didn't remove anything.

4. Default

Updating the DS list. Just c+p.

Professor Layton games are amazing, I'm surprised no one here likes it. I'm also adding Golden Sun Dark Dawn.
    One last thing: I alphabetized this list. Screw you guys and your disorganization.

Nintendo DS

5. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

That's totally the opposite of organization. lol

Games by genre were alphabetized. You guys helping with the table format already is pretty awesome. Kudos for that.

6. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

Hey, did you get into it at last? Wasn't it pretty awesome <3

7. Default

Reccomending the Following:

Dragon Quest IX~RPG~Adventure~Nintendo DS
    Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep~Action~RPG~PSP

8. Default

Yeah, I liked it, actually. First playthrough = 18 hours. Thank God my game gave me a time-count. Doing a 2nd playthrough atm, trying to finish every single possible quest in the entire game. So doing that now before I even start my 2nd assignment (to Genesis' home). I have about... 30 missions/quests done so far.. lol...

9. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

That's gonna take a while honestly. I'm at 60~65&#37; mission completion and already at 54 hours. Missions are endless.

10. Default

Finally got around to doing my Nintendo picks. Doing handhelds next.

This is ignored

NES

SNES

Nintendo 64

Nintendo GameCube

Nintendo Wii

11. Default

This is ignored

PlayStation Portable

GameBoy / GBC

GameBoy Advance

Nintendo DS

12. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

I know I suck at keeping the thread up to date, sorry. I will try to get this done after my last final on the 21st.

13. Default

It seems that my remark that I had not recommended Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth yet never got changed. No matter now I suppose as I finished it a little bit ago. Also ran into a completely random cosplay scene of it in a park nearby a museum I was doing a report at.

ANYWAY, seconding Psychonauts.

Adding VVVVVV for the PC, Platfomer without jumps.

14. Default

Oh jeez, I just noticed that Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story wasn't under DS.

Recommend!

Just c/p partners in time and remove longshotjohn's recommendation

Also Final Fantasy III and IV, Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen and V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride remakes and Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies for the DS. And Golden Sun Dark Dawn. All RPGs.

15. Default

Finally time to use this thread in reverse to ask for some recommendations.

Looking for $45 worth of JRPGs for the DS. About 2 years behind on stuff besides Golden Sun, so most ideas would work. Currently considering: Chrono Trigger (sure, it is another port, and most of you pirates could get it for free on any console, but I loved the game to the point of making various art and pearler bead sprites back in the day), Etrian Odyssey series, Dragon Quest series (borrowed and put 135 hours into DW7 as a comparison), Radiant Historia, Sands of Destruction, Avalon Code, and Contact. Keep in mind that I'll only be playing one at a time, so if there's likely to be a price drop in the next couple of months, I'll hold off on certain items. I can go up to $60 if I need to when including tax, but I'd prefer to save some. If there are any other genres that could be recommended over these, by all means go ahead; although I have kept up on the Layton series (I like it, but I can't recommend due to plot issues) and Phoenix Wright series.

Also, since it has been a while, adding these recommendations:

Overlord | Strategy/Action | PC
    Sam & Max: Seasons 1 & 2 Complete Pack | Adventure | PC <-(Too lazy to type out all 11 games. Also, independently they kinda suck. Episode 4 of season one is free on steam if you wish to attempt the series, but there are a few plot points from prior games that get spoiled and characters you won't recognize.)

Will add more as I actually FINISH my collection.

16. Default

Just look at what I've recommended since I've never done you wrong (with the exception of Suikoden II, apparently)

Since you seemed to have loved DQ7 I'll definitely recommend the DS IV - VI remakes because they're all the same style and awesome. Also the enemy sprites move in battle so HELL YEAH! I'll let you know about Radiant Historia since I'm picking it up today.

edit:

adding to the recommendations

PS3:

Assassin's Creed
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

all adventure

DS:

Magical Starsign
    Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation

both rpg
    Last edited by Sarah; 2011-02-23 at 10:04 AM.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Actraiser is in the wrong Nintendo system, Sarah. Not NES; SNES. Also if it's anything I also recommended the game.

Oh, another game I'd recommend. Axelay. Made by Konami, an interesting change of pace to Shoot-em-ups. It's a short game (6 levels), but it's pretty fun. Biggest thing is you can change weapons in between each stage; at first your main weapon is rapid fireballs, but at level 3 you get a rapid homing weapon called the Needle Cracker, and then at the final level you get spread lasers. Small attacks like a mini fireball won't always blow up your ship. Instead, you'd lose your current weapon, which means you can have technically up to 4 HP instead of the 1 HP most shooters have. Ramming your ship into a physical object or taking a 2nd hit when equipped with a disabled weapon will still kill you, though. It's also very pretty for an SNES game, and music isn't too bad either.

Sample of 1st level.

18. Default

First off, I have yet to finish Suikoden II, so my final judgment is pending. Although I will most likely stand by the opinion that despite being a good game, it was not worth $150. Tis just me being cheap. Ironically as a collector, my mindset was just "gotta have" regardless of how good the game was. In hindsight, spending as I did when I HAD a job was a really bad idea. Could have had $ left for current stuff if I didn't have that whole mindset. And yes, I know that I explained the Suikoden II purchase was well after that as a trade-in (2 consoles and 15 games), but the issue remains. Current opinion of it is somewhere between 7.3 and 8.7, but endings can change things dramatically (for example negatively in Star Ocean 3, Radiata Stories).

Yeah, I plan on getting all of the DQ games eventually, but for now they haven't price dropped enough for me to get all of them. From what I've seen between DW7/DQ8, there's no plot interaction, so which would you recommend first?

Was this good? I noticed it's at bargain bin price now, so I could probably get a DQ game, this, and some other one that has dropped to the $15 range. Most likely Chrono Trigger.