Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bowman] [RED] Archer Skill Builds

1. Default

I constantly see Archer's LOWER then me with Sharp Eyes or worse.. Maxed Sharp Eyes..

And they're like, loludunthav?

And I always have to explain to them they're doing it wrong >_>

2. Default

I will definitely be maxing Sharp Eyes before Spirit Link. SE adds a bit more damage solo and is obviously superior in a party. The 40% HP boost is nice, but it isn't necessary that early.

Pre-Ascension, Archers only had +10% HP from Marksmanship and they were fine. Level 1 Spirit Link gives +11% HP which is already better than the old Marksmanship. I don't see why an extra 29% HP should take priority over one of the better party buffs in the game, especially if you have Decent HB.

3. Default

+15% total damage @_@
    Why do people always ignore the 1.15x increase to your ENTIRE RANGE.

4. Default

It's not like SE isn't increasing your damage too. If SE does indeed provide roughly the same damage boost, I see no reason not to max it before SL, unless you always party with another Archer that has max SE or are really starved for HP.

5. Electron

IGN: MedalChamp, ArrowScout
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 98
    Job: Priest
    Guild: None
    Alliance: None
    jamaica

I'm confused with all the talk of focus... there is no focus anymore....

6. Default

I don't know who to trust..

So I just added Spirit Link anyways.. cus I die too much.. HP is <3

7. Default

For MM only: just to add Piercing tends to not relying on SE; if you training with PA a lot, Spirit Link is better;

I have a question here... what if the min crit-dmg is higher than the max crit-dmg?
    ie, max MMboost + DB's crit skill(forgot the name) 15%+20%= 35% ->
    so it would become 1.5x-1.5x or 1.55x-1.55x?
    just curious, not that important....

8. Default

Thorns changed and it isn't even a party skill anymore. <:

9. Electron

jamaica

Could i get some advice? I have 1 Jump 1 Hawk 1 Bomb arrow and 10 Mastery I'm level 36 or 37 ( I have not been on in a few days because of school) Is this okay or did I mess up? I have 1 less str then I am supposed to due to my ring which is +1 everything. Also I have a lvl 25 hat with 1% dex pot. Is that better than Amdorias hat which is +12dex (in the long run because atm the amdorias hat is better and I know that).

Any tips on where to train? What equips i should use etc

10. Default

For your question about your hat, the +12 dex hat will always be far superior. Even if you had 1000 dex (in your mid to late level 100s), the hat would only add 10 dex.
    Your build isn't irreparably messed up. I suggest adding 6 points into booster (for 1 min timer) and then finishing off mastery.

11. Electron

jamaica

Thanks Infinite Fusion, but I made a mistake I'm lvl 34 almost 35... Also why not max strafe? It doesn't look like that bad of a skill, it looks to me to be better than mortal blow and puppet.

12. Default

Hurricane replaces it.

13. Default

Plus you never get to use it with Inferno/AR goodness, since you're not going to be doing much 1vs1 till 4th job.

14. Electron

jamaica

I love arrow rain but I never did like inferno :p lol. So should I or shouldn't I max hurricane?

15. Default

I guess you meant strafe since not maxing hurricane, can't find words to describe it.
    If you ask me I think is better to max 1st and 2nd job skills with the points you would have used on strafe (and I actually did but only 2nd job), since you can only use those on balrog.

16. Default

dat maxed hawk

17. Default

So why is AFA maxed first I still feel as if BE is a better skill adds more atk and adds more mastery can some1 explain why I should max AFA first?

18. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Uh idk who said to max AFA first o.o I'd do something like this:

lvl 120: 1 hurricane, 1 ep, 1 spirit link
    max be
    max afa
    max spirit link
    max se?
    max hurricane, etc

19. Default

AFA increases your Hurricane DPS by 1.377x. Bow Expert increases your DPS by 1.11x. Unless you have less than 60 ATK or you train exclusively with Inferno (retarded), AFA is better.

20. Default

BE raises ur min dmg by 20% so I thought it would be more than that, I guess thats what I get for not taking the time to learn the formulas