Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bowman] [RED] Archer Skill Builds

1. Default

MB is quite nice and activates fairly often (this was when I was training before Ascension patch) for people who have a damage range about 1/20 of yours.

That applies to Rangers, as he said in the first post.

2. Default

Hi. I'm Level 150.

Previously, I failed 3 Concentrate 30 Books and forgot to buy another.. so now I have to buy AFA 30 in the FM..

Stupid move? x_X How high is it..

P.S: I used Hurricane 30 Free Mastery Book.. Loving Hurricane 30 :)

Does anyone else miss Sharp Eyes?
    At Level 150, the guide tells me not to put any into Sharp Eyes (and I have 30).. I miss casting it and frequently do by accident :(

3. Default

Okay, so all GB bosses don't seem to attack at all anymore. They just runs at you. Also, 100 shot limit on final attack is gone.
    Last edited by Vek; 2011-09-29 at 09:09 AM. Reason: southperry.net

4. Default

YEAH BUT IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY DRAW AGGRO SO THERE'S NO POINT

5. Default

That's hot.

6. Default

Yes there is, lol. Tanking for those 1/1's has been really nice at HT.

7. Default

Puppet is weird now. Anyone know how it works? I've noticed that if you cast puppet first, then attack a monster it will wander over and start attacking the puppet instead of you. I dont think I will get the hang of the new puppet

8. Default

old puppet: xfer the aggro from you to the puppet;
    ePuppet(solo): Draw aggro once it attacked the mob
    ePuppet(team): i don't know, the screen has too many numbers and I don't even know where I am standing...

so... need a new strategy for Pap; at least archers won't get ohko by most of the boss nowadays...

9. Default

Can I max Sharp Eyes before Spirit Link? :/

My parties always ask for SE.. I have 0.. and I ALWAYS party..

10. Default

At empress when I went to try and solo an intructor they kept summoning like 6 mobs each time I kill them. Yes its fine when you go in a party and they die instantly, but not when you solo. I put 1 point in inferno only and I miss it :( Even if I leave the summons on 1 side and hit the instructor only they start summoning more.

Also has anyone tested if ignore defence on codex/weapons work now? It'd be great if someone can check this, im having hard time checking it with so many random numbers.

Edit: There is no need to worry about GB now. Anyone can kill it these days as it is glitched and does not attack back. You can just stand right in front of it and afk pretty much until rebuffs needed.

11. Default

Tell them to screw off and find a different party. Spirit Link is superior to Sharp Eyes in everyway.

12. Default

I maxed SE just cause I don't intend on buying any of the other books yet because my archer won't be leveling like crazy at all. I've pretty much just logged on to get event items and for lulz. Max SE if you want to. I know i shouldn't have, but my archer is screwed anyway already because I can't wash out those last 30 ish points that I blooded (you know, when you needed HP to go to Horntail because it did like 7k damage) anymore and my damage is severely cut with the addition of potential (which also ruined the fact that I blooded as well considering we needed HP before and now anyone can get that with a little % HP equips). Also 90 base strength! Yay old school bowmasters! Now I am an SE buffer with ok damage!

13. Default

SE gives a very insignificant damage boost over Spirit Link (0.2%). If you really want to be someone's peach that badly, you can max it. Otherwise, be self-serving and max the skill that gives the same damage boost but also increases your HP and defense.

If you already have some +Total Damage% potential, in theory, SE would give a bigger damage boost I believe.

14. Default

Or he could do a wild build (by that I mean try to max both at the same time), unless you level quite fast get all the books you need and pass them when needed I would say its ok to not go on a linear build, I know I'm still a noob but its kinda silly that everyone follows a build and those that don't are labeled as stupid (not sure, just taking wild guesses), I would say max what ever you need in that moment, just care for how it should look at the end, unless you only care for damage in which that build is made with that as a base.

15. Default

Max Illusion Step first, Archers need the dodge rate.

16. Default

helps with the insane amount of avoid we get.

17. Default

Everyone knows avoid is garbage.

18. Default

EXCUSE ME BUT I LIEK NVR GET HIT.
    KTHX.