Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Misc Minor Changes

In no particular order, some old, some new -

• Member's list is more search friendly in regards to who can be looked for and now tells you when people were last active.
    • You now have more options for posts-per-page in the user settings.
    • We have a icon just because.
    • Certain weaknesses in vBulletin that let people hide behind mults have been eliminated so that the R&R section "C. Mult Policy" can be more accurately enforced.
    • InfractionPM will notify users when their infractions have been Reversed now.
    • There's a [header] tag for anyone who missed that addition.
    • Except in certain forums you are unable to reply to a thread that hasn't had a reply, or had the original post edited/updated in the past 21 days. If either of those have happened the post can be replied to normally. Necroposting has been removed from the R&R to celebrate this change.
    • Images can no longer expand beyond the frame meant to contain a post & Images can be clicked on to view them in a slideshow at their normal size.
    • There's a [BG] tag for background colors. (Making the nocolor mod strip this is still pending).
    • # of threads per page can now be set at the user profile level.
    Last edited by Eos; 2010-08-04 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Newest items highlighted.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Notifications of infraction reversals will be nice to have. Also, interesting new emote choice.

*insert obligatory 1st comment*

3. Default

This is ignored

Glitch report: When using the header tag in this post, it defaults to B whenever I edit it. I use the advanced editing mode thing.

4. Default

What do you mean it 'defaults to B'?

5. Default

Hmm... Nice to know. :P

Thanks for these, Eos.

6. Default

I believe that's working as intended, because you're using the default header you waive some degree of control over how it formats.
    Although I might not be understanding you still.

7. Default

Ok, I can not recreate that problem.
    When I edit it, advanced or quick, the tag remains untouched.

It may have been a side effect of your abuse of the bolding to swear, if you didn't properly close the tags or something.

8. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Thank you Eos, great updates.

9. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

I'm glad the images will fit the post limit now and not fly off the page. ^__^

10. Default

Eeeeexcellent.

Some other changes I'd like to see:

• Using [table=head]blah|blah[/table] causes the table header to have the wrong formatting when in advanced post mode using preview
    • The search feature at SSA has been amended to include post content in search queries. I'd like to see that here too.
    • Those two dead images I told you about on the front page (and shtml)
    • This doesn't need to be done now... but the damage calculator needs to be redone when BB comes out.
    • Trying to use an avatar from a link causes temporary file problems
    • I noticed the other day you had fixed the huge gap that occurs when editing posts inline. The gap returned for me on Chrome.

11. Default

That first one is actually an intended feature for some reason. It's got a plugin that specifically forces it to that. It's on my to do list to figure out why and disable it if it's got no legitimate reason because it's frankly fugly.

12. Default

A few more changes and quirks I'd like to see fixed:

• For users with a primary group and a display group set, "Permission Groups" shows twice in User CP --> Pic
    • To keep in line with the new necroposting guidelines, the thread display cutoff should have a new cutoff time added which is equal to the necroposting cutoff timeline (3 weeks?)
    • Allow users to change threads per page. If we can change posts per page... why can't we change threads per page?

Hope I'm not barreling you with too much.

13. Default

Can you explain this one?

14. Default

Is that user-configurable? It doesn't do that for guest and frankly it'd piss me off if it did that here, I just want search results not half the post

15. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Please note the other fabulous change to the site in Eos's username colors.

16. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Nice one, Rainbosian.