Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

If I recall correctly, wasn't the whole "have to type in password/PIC again if you log out" thing implemented so that if someone jacked your account while you were playing in an internet cafe, they'd only have access to one character and you wouldn't be completely screwed? Of course internet cafes aren't all that popular in the U.S. as they are in east Asia I don't think but...

If there's one thing I wish they'd really get rid of, it's not being able to change channels when breathing heavily. Such a pain in the ass when you're trying to hunt area bosses with multiple fast mobs around (or worse, one jumps you. Looking at you, HH and Bigfoot), or if you use Recoil Shot and then have to cc, so on and so forth.

2. Default

Besides things mentioned, I would also like a "Recharge All" button in stores for Corsairs and Night Lords... instead of pressing recharge on half your inventory (And pressing ok to "Are you sure you want to recharge?") to restock your stuff, just have one button and be done with it.

3. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Just a few comments Paul. Overall, I like the majority of your ideas and think they're fantastic, and in general agree that many various changes should occur. But here are some issues with the following:

Monsterbook/World Map using Monsterbook data: Do you want the Monsterbook to be a "smart" UI feature that's different for every player? I'm sure you already know this, but I don't see how any of your suggestions regarding mob stats and how they impact YOU specifically of the player can be implemented in a way that doesn't require formulaic calculations (ex. Monsterbook now gives the Accuracy and WATK/MATK values of the mob, but you still have to figure out what that means for YOU).

Guild suggestions: First off I'm worried about the reservation idea. I think it sounds great in theory and would be a fantastic way to get people bossing, but the two issues you have lie in the following scenarios: (1) you can only boss if you're in a guild, and your guild can only boss during their time slot. This means that not only will competition be fierce for weekly timeslots, with it worse in servers like Scania and Windia with more guilds, but if you're NOT in a guild then you can't boss. On top of that, this resigns players to having to boss during a certain time, which means there will be many occasions in which people find they can never boss. Or, (2) you can boss whether you're in a guild or not, but guilds can reserve timeslots. Assuming this is what you meant, as it's the smallest change from the current system, the problem with this is that, again, the more guilds a server has, the faster timeslots disappear, and if you can still boss during open timeslots, certain guilds could still camp them out. Even if the belief is this would be remedied by giving out timeslots, the problem that then occurs is what I mentioned above: you have to be in a guild with a timeslot that works for you just to boss.

Otherwise I love your ideas with GP and Alliances, as well as FluffyFoxie's Armory idea on the first page.

Skills: That's way too much for Safety Charms. 30 seconds of invincibility is ridiculous, and the fact that Wheels of Destiny exist, and make big $$$, kill any possibility of Safety Charms reviving in the same map, provided they keep their respective prices the same. Also, I agree with the Explosion issue but kind of disagree with the wand/staff suggestion. I'd have to see how it would play out, I suppose.

UI: We already know what Medals our friends have by clicking for their Character Info and reading their Collection. Also, as much as I want to see the family system buffs work as you described, they're used as buffs, so I'm curious as to how you'd change that method of application to fit your suggestion.

4. Default

What's wrong with having the program calculate your accuracy client-sided? From what we have so far, it's just [ 20 - (Mob Lv - Your Lv)] / 20. Not anymore complicated than the skills' formulas.

5. I've got no strings Straight Male
    IGN: Ryukiro
    Server: Scania
    Level: 183
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Vigilante
    Alliance: Lore
    North_Carolina

I agree with most the the Guild features.(HQ, Armory, ect ect.)

The one thing I would think be useful would be the ability to change guild leaders with ease at the guild leaders whim. Some leaders just up and quit Maple it would be better to put the guild in new hands. We're lucky in our guild since the old leader is related to our real and current leader.

Nextly, GPQs are awesome. I think one of the best things we could do for that is pass party quest leadership instead of having to start over all over again. I would also like another type of GPQ past the current one.(Like maybe a higher lvl one) While I'm on the subject, an Alliance PQ would be pretty sweet as well. I can't imagine how they would go about it but it's food for thought.

6. Default

How about...one channel is reserved is able to be reserved exclusively for guilds, the others are free-for-all.

Or you can have a reservation system like Guild Quest. An expedition leader signs up and is placed in a queue. When it's their turn, they can go in. No more "AHHH WHO CAN PRESS Y FIRST" and people getting pissy.

7. Mercury
    IGN: Zero Two
    Server: Everywhere
    Level: 000
    Job: Mind Control
    Guild: Dark Matter Legion
    Alliance: Dark Mind

Ever since Chaos Zakum/Horntail ive felt they could do the same to other bosses or party quests.
    Id love to see a much tougher Sharenian quest with the bosses more powerful and the statues
    changed to look more menacing. They could scale the GP given for each stage and the
    prizes from the treasure room changed. Or perhaps an upgradable reward for completing
    Sharenian enough? A Rubian Ring that protects against status effects in its later stages would
    be wonderful...like against Zombify? Seeing as Ergoth is a sort of lich.

8. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

how about that alliance tournament, hmm? instead of wishing for things we'd like, why not implement something that was mentioned by nexon themselves, hmm? or can we just do away with the NPC by the guild PQ place please?

9. Default

Not really into getting excluded from things just because i'm not part of a super-conglomerate corporate guild.

10. I've got no strings Straight Male
    IGN: Ryukiro
    Server: Scania
    Level: 183
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Vigilante
    Alliance: Lore
    North_Carolina

Directed to Alliance PQ or Guild Master change?

If A then:
    I'm not apart of one of those high fangled alliances as well. I'm just trying to make use of something that feels to be like Paul said a 500 person spamatron buddylist. Like I said only food for thought.

If B then:
    I said only at the guild masters wishes so I don't really see an issue. It's not like I'm calling for mutany against guild leaders. I only request this for the guild leaders who have quit the game and have no desire of coming back or... they want to move on to something else instead of being tied to a guild they just for some reason no longer enjoy.

(Sidenote: I'm pretty sure you meant A but I second guess myself too much to just leave our the latter.)

11. Default

They have that when they Click on a user, as well as a chair list now which was a nice UI addition I think. Also I think your safety charm suggestion should just apply to wheels.

And I love the idea of an Armory where you can withdraw the item, is perfect for Guild Int equips and such. That and fixing compatibility sits at the highest of my needs I think.

12. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Family bonding works cross-channel and cross-map, why shouldn't family party 2x?
    Then again, family party 2x won't exist once BB comes, so why should you care anymore anyway?

13. Default

My list:

-Make Victoria graphics on par with Edelstein.

Done.

14. Default

Make summoning rocks/magic rocks used in all skills that are related, or drop the system once and for all. The account shared Monster book has been a dream of mine ever since mushroom castle. The guild sign up at bosses I do not want. For us that hosted zak runs pre 4th job and remeber when you had to book a damn time slot at a certain forum... No thanks, not that pomegranate ever again.

15. Default

Of course you can delete an item, you just need the account's PIC and the character it's on.

Even if I trust someone not to steal my item if I lend it out, there's currently zero protection from this kind of thing, or even the simple fact of someone not being able to play due to buggy patch or whatever. Then I can't get my item back even if I need it for some reason.

And um... I don't train all my characters 100% of the time when I'm online. Unless it was slow like Duey, it'd be pretty reasonable for me to lend out my gear when I'm not training.

It's obviously less useful on stuff like dex gear where you can't even equip your weapon without it. But for something like my 13 str Taru Spirit Cape, when I'm not playing a Warrior I have no reason to use it.

Time limits - until you log out or voluntarily return it. And the item remains available in the armory until the owner claims it back (and they autoclaim if they leave guild). So if you go on hiatus you could just leave your equips in there for people to use.

Obviously you have to be able to cooperate with your guild mates is this not how it goes in some guilds? If someone in the guild was pissing me off and they didn't get kicked, I would leave the guild.

16. Default

Skills:
    - Multitargetskills should be stronger when only attacking 2 mobs (say 20%) and even more when attacking only a single monster (say 40) (like how heal works)

17. Default

What's wrong with alliance? If you can't get along with your alliancemates, and everyone in your guild feels this way, then find another guild to ally with. o_o I love our alliance. We are all friends, we have our own combined family to make tele-ing easier, and we regularly go on boss runs together. Now, being able to GPQ with them without them having to leave guild and losing any junior privileges would be nice.

The armory is a decent idea. I know it caused some strife when an alliance member got hacked and lost some items that a guildie had lent her. People won't contribute unless they have some control over their items, though. If you just want to give away items, you can do that now, although you do have to ask who wants it. But if there was a lending system, I know I would add some of my spares... Friends have lent me better items than I have (attack WG, Purple Gaia), but I can't sell the old versions in case those friends want their items back, so they just sit there. Or for people who have a low-level attack WG for their nubs, but aren't making a new char right now.

18. Default

Okay, I can see where you are going with this. My thinking is that if something like this were to ever surface, it would have to be a dual-Armory, where you can both donate and lend out items. I couldn't really see this being a stand-alone feature, when there is so much potential for just donating (Ores, Monster Crystals, Powders, Equips you can't use, etc).

A final quick thought: How many of the people would have equips viable enough to lend in just one guild? I guess I'm speaking for my guild when I say that most of the mains *are* the ones with godly equips, and oftentimes those are the ones played the most. I mean it's understandable, like you said, that there will inevitably be some people on hiatus who can lend their items.

Also@ Veneni:

Yes, please. It gets to a point when there are two monsters, and that killing them both separately will yield me more MP than using a mob attack.

19. Default

Isn't that what single target skills are for?

20. Water

IGN: MysticHLE
    Server: Broa
    Level: 18x
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: VincitOmnia
    Alliance: Sonata
    usa

Fiel, most things you've suggested I wholeheartedly agree with.

There are some issues with guild bossing though. For one thing, it's not very difficult to create "mule" guilds to reserve bossing time slots. Many people have multiple high leveled chars. One can easily lead guild A with character 1 and guild B with character 2. Reserve two different time slots with both guilds, and then when it's the turn for the other guild, just temporarily exchange guild members. So basically what can potentially happen under this system is that one guild hogs the entire boss. I think a better solution would be to just make instanced bosses/expeditions open on all channels.

I absolutely love the guild armory idea! The game can even give incentives for doing that. e.g. if a donor lends a gold-rated item, he/she gets certain bonuses, purple-rated item, then a slightly less bonus, etc.

Fiel, I should also point out that the actual distribution of OS users are probably very different from what you sampled on this site. The majority of SP users no doubt are more likely be dedicated to MS to care to keep their Windows XP installation in order to boss and whatnot. Nowadays, every new computer comes with Windows 7; so every new potential customer Nexon serves are basically Windows 7/Vista...

That means...they REALLY need to fix the Windows Vista/7 issues! As a large-scale company, they're being totally retarded by ignoring over half of their potential long-term customers by not addressing these issues. Sure, one can get pretty far into the game on those versions of Windows, but once they get to Zakum/Horntail levels, it's very likely that the operating system issues might be such a turn-off for the player to make it a factor for that player to quit the game out of frustration and inability to participate.

For this previous patch, I literally had to dig around different forums (SP, SW, Basil) for 2 hours and trying all sorts of bizarre stuff to even get the damn game to start up without crashing!

We're 8 years past Windows XP - sure, it might be the superior OS compared to Vista (I personally think 7 > XP)...but who the hell cares when the rest of the world uses Vista/7 - and XP support is ending in another year? If Nexon's logic is to program the game for the superior operating system, why is it not supported in Linux and OSX? They need to get with the program here - no pun intended. -_-