Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

• Instanced bosses and PQs

Enough said, really. If OdinMS can hack it together purely based on available map functions, of course it's possible in real MS. It's just a matter of getting it done.

Monsterbook
    • Instead of it being a random drop, make each successive information available based on number of kills.
      • 1 kill - picture of the monster
      • 10 kills - monster's hp
      • 100 kills - monster's backstory
      • 1000 kills - monster's location
      • 10000 kills - monster drops
    • List monster drops as soon as the player finds them, too.

The thing that drives me away from monster book is the completely random nature of the cards, and that the first card is exactly as difficult to find as the last 4. If there was a visible and natural progression rate (the more you kill the more you know about them) it would be better.
    Of course these would need adjusting for boss and rare mobs.

2. Default

• I love your idea, except for one part: the borrowing. I feel like if there would be an armory you should be able to permanently take an item out. I mean, the point of an armory is for you to put it in items that could benefit others, and not you. Hence the donating part. You wouldn't really donate something you would still potentially use, right? Put a limit on how many items you can take out per day. Guild Leader should be allowed to change this limit according to rank. (IE Member Level 1 doesn't get to remove items, Member Level 2 one per week, etc etc).
    • Also, is it really too much to ask for realistic backgrounds? When I'm walking in the foreground, the clouds in the background should not be moving 75mph. Clouds should move very little when you are walking.
    • To branch off of the background idea, I would really love to have new backgrounds and map objects. Even tweaking the art of older monsters (I'm looking at you Victoria Island).

I was bossing in Florina Beach the other day when I noticed how terrible the background was. Blue gradient ocean. No texture or anything. It's honestly cringe-worthy. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go check it out and you'll see how horrible it looks.

Even map objects are bad. Half the objects on Victoria don't have distinct black outlines and it looks really bad. A more defined outline would be nice. Even updating the art on map objects. Take Lith Harbor for example: You have the armor shops that are older, and then right next to them you have Tru's Information Shop, which has incredibly nice art.

And finally, would updating the old monster art kill Nexon? Even just minor tweaking and making the old monsters look more aesthetically pleasing.

Edit: To go off of what Stereo said about Monster Cards: having them be rewards for quests relating to that monster would be nice too. For example, if I complete one of the area boss quest chains, a boss monster card should be rewarded at the end, instead of just exp.

3. Default

I think all ship rides should be reduced.
    And they should have a map in Sleepywood with crogs.

4. Default

I think the point of borrowing is so that you can lend items without getting them sold/deleted, not just for donations..

Eg. I wouldn't mind borrowing a 15 atk BWG from someone in guild temporarily, so I ask around for someone not using theirs at the moment. If you stuck all your gear in there when you weren't using it, it would make your guild stronger without risking losing your items.

5. Default

The armory idea could be cool, but I would like the items to be clones of the donor's item, for example lets say I have an elemntal wand, then I want to donate it to the armory, then I keep my item and the copy goes to the inventory, The guild members should only be able to take out an item for 12 hours as a much, then have a cooldown of 48 hours for getting another item.

* I would also like guild skills, like if they have a priest then all the guild members could have a heal skill that restores 50% hp, or a very nerfed HB if they have a dragon knight.

6. Neon Atom
    IGN: FluffyFoxxie
    Server: Bera
    Level: 18X
    Job: Marxman
    Guild: RedShift
    Alliance: Purified
    usa

Why clone the item? Just donate stuff you don't plan on using, that's all.

7. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Palacious
    Server: Kradia
    Job: White Knight
    usa

I completely agree with a lot of the major points - the stat window shows a lot more, and I want it to show even more. And with tooltips that explain things!

8. Default

The problem with that would be if you're trying to find multiples of a type of item (Pieces of Time, Scrolls, etc) you could only locate one shop. I prefer the current method where if you're in another channel it displays the channel and free market rooms for each shop with the items.

Although if we're mentioning ideal versions of things, I'd prefer we have a system similar to the MTS for the free market (except you need to have a nx pass of somekind, and it doesn't cost nx to buy items it costs mesos). People can list their items as auction items, or as simply for sale at the set price. The cheaper items and those put on the new system sooner would be listed higher up on the list.

9. Default

No, Schrono. It would be exactly like the current system except you can click on "Go" and go to the shop regardless of what channel the shop is on. You're not losing anything here.

10. Default

When you're owling things you'd want to buy more than one of such as scrolls or onyx apples, you usually do it on a non-FM channel so that you can see where the shops are.

11. Default

See, but here's the problem: you said when you weren't using it. When would you not use an ATT Glove if you were playing? Considering I don't know that many people running around with ATT gloves they aren't currently using, but would use in the future, only a few people would benefit. Then, if you did manage to get a hold of one, you would go back to being handicapped without the item. And also, I'm assuming your idea would have some sort of time limit on how long you can keep the item, and how many times you can borrow the same item? If not, people would argue over one particular person hogging a certain item. That would just create more guild drama.

Armories are all about giving up items you wouldn't ever use. Let's say I was an Archer and I found a level 90 Thief equip. Naturally I wouldn't be able to use it, so I would donate it to the guild, for someone else to permanently have it.

Edit: Plus now with the potential system and equips dropping like mad, it would just make more sense to invest in something that you could use permanently. The only use I could see this having is for ATT Gloves, maybe. What else would you donate temporarily that you would need?

One more edit: Stereo, your concern is that people would sell/delete the item. Well, I'm ruling out deleting an item because no such possibility exists. Dropping? Sure. Selling is a valid concern also. That however, could be remedied by someone only being able to take out an item they can use. IE I'm an Archer. Therefore I can only take out Archer or Common equips. Also, there could be a log like in WoW that shows who donated or removed an item, and what item they removed. The guildmaster or jrs. could monitor any suspicious behavior and kick the person accordingly.

12. Default

fix some age old bugs, ESPECIALLY the goddamn alt-tabbed song bug. seriously it's annoying

13. Default

And of course, you can have the best of both worlds; list where it's located and have a go button. That would be nice.

14. Default

Owls of Minerva should go a step further even, and let you BUY remotely from all the stores listed. Who cares about going to each FM, let me buy remotely from where i'm standing.

15. Default

f all of it just windows vista and windows 7 compatibility plox

16. Default

If they read them and fixed them yeah, but since there'd still be many people abusing of the feature, it'd be hard for them to look through all the reports, and that's why most of the time reporting someone in-game won't have any effects, UNLESS the same guy is reported several times in a certain timespan.

I'm still for Tespia, with selected people getting in and being able to send in reports. That way it'd be a lot easier for them to read through them (compared to the thousands they'd get from such an in-game feature, including a lot of spam).

THIS, THIS and THIS, please.

Nobody uses Windows XP anymore. Or at least not the majority of the population. It's just pityful to see that MapleStory isn't still Windows Vista and Windows 7 compatible, even after big updates like Big Bang (honestly I was expecting them to introduce compatibility with those Windows versions as well, but I guess I was wrong).

To me, the biggest problem is that the game must've been coded to work with Windows XP only, and they must find it hard or something to include compatibility with newer Windows versions (maybe they'd have to re-code everything from scratch?). I can't really find any other reason because they still haven't updated the game with that.

17. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

XP is still the superior system.

18. Default

Just checked site stats:

XP > 7
    XP > Vista
    Vista = 7
    7 + Vista > XP

19. Default

Was never good with logistics. Requesting percentages. And trend information. If XP has 60% of the site now, that tells us something different than given that it had 80 last month.

20. Default

Of Windows users in the past month:

XP = 45%
    Vista = 27%
    7 = 27%