1. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

OPs can still close their own threads in the Angry Dome though.

2. Default

That's the nature of politics, religion and sex.

They'll always be button pusher issues, and when people can't deal with it they'll be reprimanded rather than the topics being outright prohibited from the get go.

With the exception of explicitly obscene topics I don't believing in censoring much. People are entitled to have opinions, and disagree with them, and mechanisms exist so that if someone doesn't want everyone dissecting their viewpoint in the angry dome they can simply lock their own thread and not have to worry about it.

3. Default

What about censoring topics like this?

4. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

Exactly.

5. Default

We'll be revisiting those to determine if they're truly necessary.

6. Default

The conversations didn't turn out to be productive at all. Instead of discussing kinematics, thermal energetics, iron-sulfur world theory, RNA-DNA Theory, primordial soup hypothesis, big bang, and several other scientific theories it turned into a Bible bashing thread. Often times the topic devolved into the subject of evolution, which does not explain the origin of the universe, merely an argument about how humans came to exist. In my opinion, these threads are best left censored. As a person who sees the merit in both science and religion, I must assert that the probable negatives are far more realistic than the potential positives.

7. Default

And I must assert that a forum is never the same forum twice.

8. Default

You're right. The forum could have gotten a lot more mature with the acquisition of new post contributors like Random_Overlord and the return of old users who were previously banned.