Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Well, so long as they keep that change around of snipe to 1 mil dmg, I won't complain about the 10 second thing. I have no intention or desire to ever exceed 140, so I was mostly concerned with the whole ease of area bossing thing I get out of it. With the area bosses HP buffed with everyone else, if they had dropped it to 500k and made it 10 seconds, I would have been highly aggravated. Despite all the changes, my only goals in game are to max snipe, then work on my monster book. Depending on the way this looks, I may take my reset points out of SE and throw them all in ultistrafe. Never planned on major bossing, and I still know the burned out shelled out remains of the bowman's pride in Windia so I could find SE somewhere if I needed it.

I do hope we see the revival and return of the monster book soon though. If it is permanently removed, I'll have a strong incentive to outright quit.

2. Default

So, for Buccs and us Marauders, there are no damage multipliers on the end of Barrage, all that has happened is that there are no delays but also no invincibility frames

IMO, buccs just became a whole lot less fun to play

heres a video:

3. Default

Then theres the obvious, bowmasters still don't have any 4th job level mobbing skills (Unless I missed them, which I may well have) while marksmen do.

4. Default

Getting? They already have it in GMS. They've always had it, that was my point. D:

I thought CSB still has like half the invincibility frames, and Barrage spam is godmode.

I wonder if this has changed, since CSB was changed back to 3 mobs it seems? It was changed to no delay and 6 mobs in change of most of its invincibility frames, but since now it's back to 3, then... ?

5. Default

But Brave Slash outdamages Brandish for a very small margin, leaving the question, "should brave slash be mastered after maxing out the rest of your skills?" Because it seems any of your other skills have a higher priority than it.

It just plain su'cks...

6. Default

I am unhappy with this, but it was kind of expected. Giving us 100% invincibility with delay-less barrage was a bit too gamebreaking. I don't know why they nerfed the damage down on Demo and Barrage on this last patch though. :l

7. Default

what i want to know is since they nerfed corkscrew back to the regular one, do we get the invincibility frames back. Cause at this point in time, corksrew seems really, uber lame again.I could care less for the damage out put of it, i just use it for rushing things. Please let dragon dancing be viable with the update =( Otherwise it's back to lol here has one attack to spams.

8. Default

My reaction

RIP HH training :(

9. Default

Same, but more than its rushing utility, it's the invincibility frames which made that skill the core of Bucc combos. Is CSB>DS invincibility impossible now, or just harder? Heck, is CSB spam invincibility possible?

One of the things that also make Buccs really interesting is the little CSB mechanics, like if you're in Dojo with a party, you gotta learn to tap your CSB so it just does crappy enough damage for you to move back and forth Manon/Griffey/etc without killing your party, and sticking Barrages to the boss in the process. That is insane fun. I pray that's not out of the game.

That video didn't show enough of CSB to see invincibility frames, and the control was really poor, didn't even had assigned keys... D:

10. Default

yeah... i dont think a balance patch should completely change playstyles, especially for the only two classes that legitamately had something to call a playstyle, i think im gonna just make a corsair now

oh and AristosMS posted a video of a paladin, pretty godly damage for a supposedly defensive class:

11. Default

>.>
    *goes off to edit previous post*

And my point was that it made more sense to make big bang a stronger one-hit skill.

12. Default

Why does he haste at the beginning o_O?
    He's a paladin isn't he? Paladins don't have haste...

13. Default

He wrote AristosMS and that sounds like a Pizza Slice. Everything is possible there. XB

14. Default

I think that was already asked and answered, but it's because of potential equips (I think); potential equip effects include a mini-haste effect.

15. Default

I think it's one of the Potential Skills, along with SE and Door.

And as for Brave slash....I don't see anyone putting points into that before maxing Adv. Combo and Enrage now >_> 8 levels of useless points. Especially if the delay was not lowered, I was totally afriad of this when they made it 720ms.

16. Default

Self buff thing from potential system.

EDIT: ninja'd

17. Default

Ok so my question(s) is this. I know luk now plays an important part in mages' accuracy. Is this the same with the secondary stat for every class? And if so, wouldn't this mean all the characters who did a statless build will get royally screwed, seeing as only SPs are getting reset?

18. Default

I'm not sure on this, but apparently accuracy matters little now, because you have a set miss ratio on any mobs higher level than you, which goes away once you pass their level.
    Can someone else confirm?

19. Default

i thought about that before and even had an argument with another member because of that, but the thing is that a lukless mage and a dexless warrior or thief are not the same. a lukless mage doesn't have any luk at all, they pump AP into INT and scroll equips for INT while thieves and warriors that are supposed to be "dexless" aren't "dexless" at all, 'cause we get dex from equips, so we're low DEX actually. (unless it's the assassin thing with using a skanda or whatever with no dex at all)

what i'm trying to say, i guess, is that other classes do not have the same problems that lukless mages have.

edit: also, i think mages with enough money could go for LUK scrolled equipment and go low LUK but with the prices of those equipments i don't know how viable that is.

edit #2: i do have a question... what combat orders does is add +2 SP to some skills for a set amount of time to all party members or am i getting that wrong?

20. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Skyshooter1
    Server: Alexina
    Level: 981
    Job: Green boy
    Guild: Blasphamy
    canada

Which is why they implimented vengance as a passive so bowmasters can go kamekazi with their no-minimum range hurricane walking.

No minimum range + hurricane walk + Vengance = Pointblank range fun! Since Vengance can Pushback and stun @ 320% damage at a rate of 50%. To top it off, it's passive and could probably stack with hurricane.

I wonder if it works on bosses to. If it does... Then fighting bigfoot never could be much more fun than that.