Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Default

As someone who spent literally weeks farming Crimson Guards with nothing but Ice Demon and the occassional blizzard I would disagree.

2. Default

i think the purpose of buffing big bang was to balance the three magicians
    lets say they make a new high lvl monster with incredible exp but they only give it fire weakness, but immune to holy and ice/lightning
    the ice/lightning and bishop can join in the frey using big bang

3. Default

That is ridiculously close to my setup. I'm not a corsair yet, but my main attack goes on S (burst fire/cannon), mobbing goes on D (in your case, torpedo), freeze is on F. My recoil is also on A.
    Most other stuff is different, but those for keys seem to be the most used for both of us, and set up the same way.
    Sorry, just couldn't help pointing out similarities, since I was surprised by how close they were.

4. Default

Then we'll just agree to disagree with this discussion.

However, I remember you from sleepywood not to mention having a greater experience with the
    class so I'll admit that you're points are more valid than mine.

Chain lightning? A training skill? O:

But the same exact training skill for all three?...
    *Heroes/Paladins/DrKs using brave slash*

That's my only concern with the update.
    Last edited by Abysseon; 2010-06-26 at 07:57 AM.

5. Default

I changed my keys right from the start...and used a similar layout on all my characters ever since then. Here's the key layout for my Lv73 Chief Bandit:

Spoiler

Never liked the whole Ctrl attack thing. I changed it the moment I started playing because I couldn't get used to it.

6. Default

Shadowers discussion :

They dont relly need the flash jump.. The epic skyscrapers are enough.

Ice arch mages whinings :

Leave big bang neutral, make chain lightning stun.. Or better yet, Make paralyze a single target but 780% damage and leave CL at 700% hitting 5 ~ 6 mobs with the damage reduction thing.

Keys :

I got used to MapleSEAs 'C' attack and that influenced how my keys were positioned. A & S are ability and skills, D ~ J are buffs and the rest of the attacks are usually X ~ N, being the most commonly used to the least used respectively from left to right.

7. Default

lol lvl 73 but you already have 5 CDit skills. @.@

8. Default

Waiting for you to realize that ~820% to 3 mobs is actually quite a lot of damage and Heroes train EXCLUSIVELY with an attack that hits the same number of mobs. You also have Ice Demon and Big Bang to back it up, Teleport for mobility, and Blizzard to throw around once in a while. You're just too used to standing still and holding one button.

9. Default

I'm already aware of of chain lightning being an alternative training skill.

It was my fault for not reflecting sarcasm in my original post more clearly.

Also, its been quite some time since I used blizzard for training.
    *currently in road of regrets 2*

As I've said, the cooldown to blizz wasn't a problem.

'Standing still and holding a button' nearly led to me quitting completely if I didn't take several
    breaks from ms.

10. Default

Hehe. Assaulter's for mobility, Meso Explosion's in there for fun (usually for me to bomb stuff if others are willing to sponsor the mesos). Chakra's in there for Meso Guard...which saved my behind a lot of times x.x

I'm maxing out BoT now. :p

11. Default

that's actually a much better suggestion IMO as well. the balancing act of a frail melee class with buffed up pot-ential makes perfect sense.

i also want to make an important point, because i keep seeing the word "overpowered" and "lol" as a prefix to nearly every maple related term:

none of us are going to be overpowered because of all the insane new monster levels and HP. you guys are thinking of the classes as you see them in KMST as if they would be pasted directly into our current GMS/NAMS/whatever and that's not true. even in the videos the new buffs and skill changes are being used against much stronger monsters. that shadower is fighting roids and taking like 3-4 shots to kill them... sooo.. der's dat.

12. Default

Incidentally, bandits will now be able to complete the thief stage in CWKPQ.

13. Default

Meh I'm not too picky about what they change exactly, but just make it so that when people are saying "R>attackers" and a mage asks to join, there isn't that long awkward silence before the guy says R> attackers again ;_;

14. Default

this i hav to agree, the arch mages had been left out from almost all HT fights in MSEA. (im from MSEA btw)

the video of the lvl 123 shad, did take quite a number of hit to kill the droids, as mentioned by shadgreen.
    the newly added buff doesnt really prove to be wad we think it is when place along the newly insane buff up of the mobs.

15. Default

Lmao, so true... I got into boss runs as an attacker even in my pre-ME days as a CB when non Cleric line mages got ignored...

16. Default

ITT: egos so large they collapse into a singularity of fail...

I've already lost count of the arguments about classes and what not. At least let the dust settle before you QQ and decide to quit forever because this game is horrible and gives you no vindication or what ever is going on. I mean I know every base has the unpleasables but you have to give the company credit for honestly trying to fix something. If anyone remember's 4th job and what a clusterpineapple that was you can imagine they still have a lot of tweaking to do, the game can't be fixed in a freaking week. I'd suggest ya'll sit out for a while and only come back when you need a question answered

17. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

It surprises me you're bothering to comment on this topic considering we're "just mages."

You want to complain about the "story" of ArchMages as part of your argument? If so, you had better siphon off some of this energy from freezing skill crap and focus it on the summon switch. In case you don't remember, the story behind ArchMage summons is that we use opposing elements because they're the next stages of magic we can learn (now that we've mastered our respective elements), but to master them without neutralizing our main elements we have to utilize them through a free-standing summoning frame that simply uses our magical power to drive the element.

Perhaps one of the most well-written and ingenious plot lines to a quest in the game, and it's completely obliterated by switching Elquines and Ifrit.

"What Outlaw's Have to Show for Reaching Corsair:" Flashy 6-mob AoE with massive range and a mere 5 second cooldown, along with top tier single target DPS.

And guess what! When you hit Lv. 200, you can continue to participate in high leveled content! Isn't that swell?

/effervescent sarcasm

Who the pineapple gives a pomegranate about flashy, useful skills if there's no use for them at the end of the game. The quotes I provide below help support this point:

The bottom line, and take it from a large percentage of us Lv. 200 ArchMages, is that when we hit 200, we have so little to do due to our uselessness that what usually ends up happening is the ArchMage is stripped and a new character started. That should NOT be the end of a game, "Quit and start again." That's exceedingly poor game design, either in the skills that determine the viability of playing a class, or in the content that tests the mastery of such skills. Since, in my four years of playing this game, the only of the two I've seen change is skills/formulas (and that's JUST NOW, mind you), I have little hope to see high leveled content change from nonexistant and nearly all single target based. So yeah, we're going to press for skill and formula changes that make us worthwhile at the end.

18. Default

dawn warrior soul driver skill is over 3times stronger ^.^

anyone know range of brave slash? x pixels by y pixels?

19. Default

you should find in in the KOR thread but I'm sure its the same as brandish now

ep found it. it's still bigger than brandish

and can someone explain the other hero skill, does it ignor 30% of monster defense?

20. Default

That's what I'd like to know. A few translations I read said:

1. 30% chance of negating damage taken. (obviously wrong)
    2. 30% chance of ignoring target's defence when attacking. (makes sense...)

Your interpretation is a third one... So is number 2 or yours correct? o.O