You guys have been screaming for this, so I thought I'd provide it.
Please let me know if there's stuff I forgot (I know there is)
Here is EVERYTHING that will be coming with Maplestory 2.0:
- 1024 x 768 resolution available. You can choose to go between 800 x 600 (Maplestory's current standard) and the higher resolution at will. Windowed mode is available for both resolutions.
- If you choose 1024 x 768 mode, the quick slot stuff is moved to the bottom right corner and is inline with the rest of the status bar --> Example
- All of the map mini-icons are rehashed with gradients.
- The stat window now shows more information --> Example. In order, the items in the stat window are as follows: Damage Range, Critical Chance, WDEF, MDEF, Physical Accuracy, Magical Accuracy, Physical Avoid, Magic Avoid, Speed, and Jump
- Recommended skills (where it shows a thumbs up in the skill window during first job) is removed
- Victoria Island is shuffled around --> Example
- All weapon damage formulas are changed. Magic Attack now works similarly to Weapon Attack. Both INT and LUK are factored into magic damage. All magic damage on skills are based on a percentage and not on "basic attack" anymore.
- All jobs receive a new skill in every job. Some older unused skills were removed.
- Jobs which had two masteries and two boosters had one mastery and one booster removed. Now there is one mastery skill which affects both weapon classes. For example, Pages had BW mastery and BW booster removed. However, putting points into Sword Mastery also affects BW mastery.
- Ranged characters now no longer have minimum range. So there is no more bow/gun whacking or claw punching.
- All classes now have an innate ability to do critical damage.
- Accuracy formulas are changed.
- Base mastery is now 15%. Mastery is a multiplier on the overall max damage.
- All classes now have greatly increased HP compared to before. Conservative estimates are about a 30% increase.
- All mobs levels are greatly increased and HP values also increased. For example, chief oblivions are now 15x. Major boss levels (Zak, HT, PB) did not change.
- Experience to next level greatly reduced (almost by 50 - 60%)