IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

You're most likely not going to get an answer until the patch comes. There aren't any high-level captains in kMS. My only guess is torpedo->fusillade

2. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

How much energy does energy bar contain ? 10k ?

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Yes 10k

4. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

What's the better execution of your rushing skills after Justice?

I've tried Double Spiral → Screw Punch, but Screw Punch activates way too early to knock back the monster. It just pushes me through it. Screw Punch → Double Spiral is more difficult to time, but I'm not sure if I still KB monsters, even though the delay is a little further apart.

5. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Use dash before hand? If I recall, it's supposed to allow you to dash into either one, then follow up with the other.

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I thought they both worked just with different timing. Dspiral->spiral being the better option because starting off the chain with spiral would be terrible due to such poor range.

Just something to get used to?

7. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

I'm not liking either combination at the moment... If you don't time it just right, with either combination, you have massive delays between them. That means, if you press one, then spam the other one's key a ton of times, it won't even activate because you didn't press it at the very right moment. It's such an asshole.

8. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

I said this like the very first day I tried a viper in tespia. It's not a determiner of skill, just annoying. The best combo will always be DS > csb because it may save you one attack, but you'll have to start off with csb if you're midair.

Eh. I noticed this, and I noticed that it happens sometimes, and sometimes not...I really don't know why it happens.

9. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Can anyone explain to me why Pirate empress gear is almost 3 times more expensive than any other class (except maybe thieves)? I doubt their numbers are high enough to significantly warrant a higher price and I don't thik their population is so dismal that there is no market for it.

I can get a warrior overall, hat, and shoe for the price of ONE pirate overall. WHY?

10. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

I'm going to blame the boom of Jetts, the return of lots of pirates from the revamp, and the new pirates from the revamp.

11. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Which skill is stronger for Corsairs, Rapid fire or Big Octopus?

12. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Depends. 1v1 is Rapid Fire, while Easton is better on mobs.
    It's mostly because of Majestic Prescence.

13. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

So, I really need to upgrade my bucc's equips, currently i wearing the lv80 UA set with the Renegade pirate goggles, a 87 attack legendary maple knuckle, MoN, shiny blue pirate face paint, +5 str belt and 6% str earings. Any idea on what i should upgrade first? I really dont want to get a new weapon as i hate scrolling and mine is better than most clean weapons until 130-140 equips. I have been thinking about geting a lv130 set since is is much cheaper than the lv140.

14. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

I found an old Time Leap book on a mule that I can trade in...which book is the best Corsair book to get from the Maple Admin?

15. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Wow, this thread hasn't been touched almost in a full year.
    I'd wait the 4 days to make it an even 365 days but ain't nobody got time for that.

My question is: Do Thunder Breakers have a Stance skill after their revamp, or am i missing something? None of their skills seem to provide it but it's entirely possible I missed something.

16. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

From Orange Mushroom's blog:

17. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

What has everyone done for Buccaneer hypers? So far I have the +1 damage lines for octopunch and laser, but I have 2 to spend and basically everything unlocked. For a mixed build (training and bossing) would any of the dice enhance skills be useful? Or do I just straight out take all the damage enhances on octo?

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default Ask a Pirate Thread

If you take the dice hyper, do saving grace/one last chance and reinforce on octo because it's the same as boss killer but works on everything. If not take boss killer and reinforce. Can't tell you which is better since it's kinda preference but saving grace is probably great for training.

19. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

-
    Last edited by DavyJonesx; 2014-06-14 at 08:25 AM.

20. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

For Cannoneer Hyper, is it worth it to lose the 20% Damage in Cannon Bazooka in favor of +15% Crit in Cannon Barrage?

My crit rate is at 70% right now. I don't have access to Sharp Eyes nor the funds to buy it.

My build right now is so:
    Monkey Militia - Enhance
    Cannon Bazooka - Reinforce
    Cannon Bazooka - Extra Strike
    Cannon Barrage - Reinforce
    Cannon Bazooka - Extra Strike