Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Repeating again for emphasis.

Why would it transfer to maple warrior?

2. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Well I was just thinking how everything Nexon takes away they give something back, take away mastery from time leap...put it into another. Every other skill gets touched already, only Maple Warrior remains untouched, so i just hoped on the off chance that Nexon would have no choice but to give something back in the form of Maple Warrior. But yes i know it sound stupid. Anyways since Nexon America is removing the creation of Legends in March, hopefully that's when they introduce the revamp. I mean KMS removed those creations when they did their revamp.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    usa

Never in the history that is Nexon have they transferred SP from a skill that is having it's maximum SP reduced into a skill that existed previously. The only reason they ever do that is because the skill is being REPLACED with something else. Skills like TL merely have the SP invested returned to the SP pool to re-allocate into new skills.

4. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Nobody I know had passed any Time Leap books before the revamp, so we don't really know what happened to it.
    The only way you'll get an answer is if you ask a korean player who had passed TL books before the revamp. Or you just wait and see. Hardly anyone will be upset that they wasted 200k passing the TL 20 and 30 books, so it's a non-issue.

5. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

I am 143 lvl Viper. My dmg range is 5200 - 7429. ( without any buffs )

is it consider low?

6. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

For Bucc's After the justice patch, we get guard crash, 40% to ignore 100% def, so is it still good idea to get ignore def on weapons ? or is it better to go with other stats like boss bonus %, Total dmg %, or Weapon atk % ?

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

No.

8. Neutron
    (Banned from this thread)
    Straight Male

IGN: SheLikesIt
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Fatal <3
    Alliance: A bunch of homos

Opinion. It depends on what you do, as a lvl 200 that only bosses, ignore DEF is a valuable potential.

9. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

But Vipers don't need it. They already ignore 100% defense.

10. Neutron
    Straight Male

at a 40 or 50% rate? still valuable to have that 30% or whatever when that doesn't activate.

11. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

It's extremely unnecessary, though. In a case where you can choose to get something other than ignore defense, like % attack or % boss damage, you shouldn't go for ignore defense. With how fast Vipers will attack at bosses, that 40% will not seem like a mere 40% (if it's even noticable).

12. Neutron
    Straight Male

Eh, I suppose. All I'm saying is, don't discount it as completely worthless because its not. I'm not saying you should keep 60% ignore or anything like that, just that it has a place and besides %boss and % atk its the 3rd best pot.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

LMFAO. No. If ignore defense for mercs is worthless compared to boss damage or % damage because of guard crush, it's the same for buccs.

Fact.

Also, % str > ignore defense. So 4th best pot. Which isn't very "priority".
    Last edited by Takebacker; 2012-03-27 at 12:28 PM.

14. Neutron
    Straight Male

Whatever you say Almighty god of buccs *cough cough papayaGOT. Continue to believe that you know everything about everything in Maplestory which still at best makes you a raging zitfaced virgin. Just sayin

15. GLADIGATORS
    usa

www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=54245

Ignore defense sucks with guard crush.

16. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Oh, yes... Just what we need : people slinging poo at each other. Please, if you're going to post an insult in anything other than a joking manner, at least have the guts to use an insult with some thought and without any sort of over-used generalizations. You've just made an ass out of yourself as much as Takebacker did in his post you replied to.

17. Neutron
    Straight Male

Moral of the story: Takebacker is a pompous ass; this has been proven over and over again. It's also pretty hard not to use over-used generalizations when they ring completely true for him.

You're also basing this on a revamp that hasn't had a date confirmed yet in GMS, as well as the fact that I was referring to ignore def as a 3rd potential line and not a primary. Jussayin! Therefore your statement is an OPINION and contrary to what you may believe, just because its YOUR opinion doesn't make it anymore worthwhile than anyone else's
    Last edited by FreeNoods; 2012-03-27 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Takebacker likes cahk

18. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

We are all aware, as is he. This is not the place to call each other third-grader names. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. While his post was rude, your reply only made it worse and that was unnecessary.

19. Neutron
    Straight Male

Ok guy, so Takebacker gets to be an a$$hole 24/7 but I get the finger waved at me for calling him out? Nice standard, love it!

20. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Not sure what confirmation of a date has to do with the argument.

Referring to it as a 3rd line doesn't make it suddenly more significant of a stat vs total damage/%stat/%boss. If regular damage lines are more beneficial, then there isn't any point in intentionally shooting for % ignore, which isn't an opinion, because i provided proof.