Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

Crap, they have to fix the drops too.

2. Default

That makes sense.
    But still, the monster changes are really confusing, really screwing up the whole system of leveling.
    No more C-2 for 6x. :/

3. Default

Guess what?
    No skele leech till 14x LOL

4. Default

More damage reduction for training and bossing ;|

5. Default

Just by looking at the monsters' levels, it seems like Nexon is taking more of an approach toward linear progression through the areas. Right now, everything's totally scattered, I doubt that you'd be able to find monsters suitable for your level if you were a new player who didn't know anything about the game. You'd stumble into ariant when you're like level 50 and be like, "I might've actually be able to use this 30 levels ago" or take the boat ride to leafre and not be able to hit anything. They're also trying to make the monsters leading up to party quests and major bosses more suitable because right now you could be a new player at level 90 or something not knowing everything about the game (theoretically) being able to take on the cerebeses and bains outside of zakum and decide to take zakum on with your similarly-leveled friends (theoretically) and get destroyed.

6. Default

Not quite, read it again, and look at what he says the poll options are. They're basically everything that's in this Tespia update.

7. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

>>Pink Bean.

8. Default

LOL at pro-zombies. ZOMG gaiz! We got High Level content!11!!!!1!

training spots: they do not exist anymore. all that you know will change.

9. Default

Guess what?
    No skele leech since genesis has a 40 second cooldown.
    WIN.

10. Helium Atom
    IGN: HalTurner
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 172
    Job: Corsair
    Guild: Eternity
    Alliance: Infinity

With the potential system, skills getting boosts and changes, and exp getting nearly halved, it's only obvious that this change would be needed. You can't think of now to then, you have to think then to now.

Although, it is kind of weird taking the game and saying, TT is end game training.

11. Default

NExon is probably trying to balance mobs too. Character skills improvement definitely calls for mob improvements.

I wonder what nexon is gonna do to CWK, NLC, SG, MY, thailand and shanghai areas ?

12. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

I definitely support this patch wholeheartedly, so long as all of the skill and formula changes we've seen, in conjunction with the probability scrolling system, allow us to kill these mobs reasonably (not ohkoing, but like people said earlier - 3-5 hits would be nice).

I also think people freaking out about leveling since HPs have essentially tripled while EXP remains the same should calm the f'uck down. The EXP curve is getting, what, a 50% reduction or something? Ex. Lv. 199-200 is 1.61b EXP right now. Assuming this curve estimate is correct, that would be roughly 800.5m EXP needed to get to 200. With these HPs and EXPs, that's still a difficult task, though nowhere near as impossible as these mob HP/EXP values and the old 2b EXP from 199-200.

Oh, and I'm laughing hard at how much they need to change a few quests around. Though, knowing Nexon, they won't, so the popular sub 30 Manji quest that transports you straight to Ariant will be screwing over noobs like no other.

13. Default

STOP BLAMING ALL THESE CHANGES ON THE POTENTIAL SYSTEM...

I know the potential system is a overpowered feature that breaks the actual gameplay,but I seriously doubt that Nexon would change all the rest of the game systems, resolution, some graphics, maps, mobs, skills, and much more just because of a feature that they just added a month ago. If anything The potential system is part of this whole "MS revamping" idea, but not it's cause.

14. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

You forgot Zipangu!

But yeah. Maple Story is much more challenging than it was now that those mobs are high level.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WELCOME TO MAPLESTORY ON HARD MODE!

15. Default

Pineapple you nexon. This just seems lazy to me. Instead of making new stronger mobs with lvl 130+ equipments dropping they just upped the level and tripled the hp of current mobs with about a 1.2x experience increase.

16. Default

And that's a problem why? Hell most of the time EVERY ONE is training in the same map and no matter how many noobs there are they will never remotely fill the amount of monster maps available to them. This basically enables us to see just about every monster here and there throughout the game. And any one from 06 knows YOU GET TO STAB FKIN ZOMBIES IN THE FACE WITH 4TH JOB SKILLZ

17. Default

Blizzard/Meteo is still here.
    WIN.

18. Default

I can't wait to see how this turns out. It's like we'll be playing an entirely different game. I kind of like how they made monsters that nobody usually trains at now different levels/HP/EXP so they're spread out.

19. Default

I'm pretty sure both Blizzard and Meteo have 30 second cooldowns.
    Meh, ninja'd.

I sort of like how they've scaled all the levels to fit everything from 1 to 200. I'll just be REALLY CONFUSED. I mean, places that I've trained in the past are now challenging mobs again. ie. Red Wyverns

:/