Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

WoW does the same thing all of the time. It is truly impossible to perfectly and flawlessly balance all of the classes so that they are equal in terms of general gameplay (damage, health, utility, speed). As a result of pretty much revamping most of the data tables on Adventurers, they had to come back and change some abilities on these classes.

2. Default

yeah but that doesn't make up for anything it all really depends on the new magic formula but man this is a bad blow to evans oh well i mean seriously 30% to 15% lool 30% was decent it was a big deal to see a crit and now with 15% and lower mastery illusions buff doesn't even come close with the current formula evans archers PA darkknights Axe heros all got screwed

3. Default

Does look like a nerf for Evans. But while Arch Mage's booster was nerfed, Evan's remained the same. I doubt they'd leave Bishop and Arch Mage that similar in terms of damage, so maybe there's some cast speed changes we aren't aware of. Either way, seems much too early to be jumping to conclusions.

4. Default

They are changing the fundamental mechanics of the game. This is basically MapleStory 2. Wait until we learn a little more about what's going on before peaching about every little detail. A skill could go from 300% to 200% and actually end up stronger in the new system. The skill %s do not reflect how strong they are under the current system.

5. Default

Look on the bright side. If you can deal a critical hit twice in a row now, you're probably lucky enough to successfully scroll equipment with a 10% scroll...

6. Default

I see it in that way now with the 30% critical rate. Every time all the hits in Illusion are criticals, I cry a little bit in the inside.

7. Default

Holy *%$&.
    MapleStory is just getting more, lol.
    IS this the big patch they're talking about? :O

8. Default

I think I should better lvl up my Aran to 140 before these changes come. Just in case they screw the job up... lol.

9. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Like DanmakuRain said, we can't dissect every minute detail, because we haven't seen how all of these changes actually carry out in-game. Regardless, I'll post what appears to have changed here (all max skill values):

Aran 2nd Job
    Mastery 60% -> 50%, +ACC 20 -> 60
    Final Charge 90% -> 200%, Monsters affected 12 -> 10
    Combo Smash 700% -> 500%
    Body Pressure Neutralizing 60% -> 40%

Aran 3rd Job
    Combo Critical Rate 6% -> 3%
    Full Swing first hits 110% -> 120%, last hits 350% -> 360%
    Final Toss...completely changed. Hard exactly to tell, but it looks like damage went from 110% -> 350%
    Combo Penril 800% -> 450%
    Rolling Spin 120% damage -> 280%

Aran 4th Job
    High Mastery 90% -> 65%, +ATT 10 -> 16
    Overswing: First hits 170% -> 180%, last two hits 240% -> 250%
    Combo Tempest 1500% -> 600%

Conclusion/Commentary

Basically, all of our combo hits (Smash, Penril, Tempest) were nerfed, along with our Masteries and Combo Crits. In return, we get a 10% boost to all hits of our main Swings. Honestly, I don't know what to think yet. I personally don't mind the smash nerfs as they aren't as essential for end game, but mastery and crit nerfs are worrying. Hopefully in conjunction with other aspects of mastery and crit (equips and other class buffs, etc.), as well as probability scrolling features, we can still dish out some nice DPS and train decently well. Cross your fingers!

10. Default

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty much indifferent about the Aran updates. I don't mind about Mastery and Critical. I'll wait and see exactly how these updates turn out first. It seems that every class that has critical/mastery got it nerfed as well anyway. As for the combo finishers, I don't care much about those either. I barely use them.

11. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    New_York

I definitely agree. All of my "worry" essentially rests in the mastery and crit nerfs, but like you said, with every class receiving those, it's bound to not be that big of a deal.

12. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

There are actual training methods for using fenrir, especially at gallos since it can 1 hit them quite nicely. Once you get to 4th job, it's usefulness dies out again due to overswing's major boost.

I wonder if anyone actually noticed that final blow remained at 700% 0.o

13. Default

I just noticed Earthquake is now stronger than Flame Wheel, and Phantom Imprint lasts for 8 seconds now. I wonder if a PI + Illusion combo would be worthwhile now.

14. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    New_York

Of course I noticed Final Blow remained the same. I only listed the changes. The fact it remained the same means it will probably receive a HUGE power boost relative to everything else changing, meaning they want us to train with Overswing + FB.

Plus with mob HPs changing I think Gallos are the least of your concerns. You won't be ohkoing them anymore. That being said, chances are this mega patch won't hit GMS till December 2010/January 2011, so there's plenty of time to go from 70-120 on an Aran. No worries.

15. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

But overswing spam on it's own was already better than using final blow (so I heard). With OS getting a power boost, it'll make final blow even less worth using since it already let's monster escape KB.

Constant overswing keeps monsters in KB. overswing+fb has just a slight delay after that it lets them start attacking you.

16. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

It was always worth while if you wanted to maximize your DPS.

17. Default

Oh I didn't know that. Well I guess the 8 second timer will make the combo more efficient.

This would also be a good time to make use of the extra 15 SP Evans have leftover in 10th mastery...I was hoping for a Soul Stone upgrade.

18. Default

What's funny is that Battlemages now have 70% mastery vs Evan's 65% mastery. Before Evans had 90% mastery while Battlemages had 80%.

19. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Current aran crit:

stacks 6 times +10% chance +10% damage. (And we have a 10% base crit on top of it)

So in the end we get:

70% chance of +60% damage.

New aran crit:

stacks 10 times +3% chance +3% damage.

with 10 base crit we get:

40% chance of +30% damage.

So comparing damages before and after

old: .70*1.6 + .30*1 = 1.42% damage on average
    new: .40*1.3 + .60*1= 1.12% damage on average

1.12/1.42=78.8%

We're roughly 80% as strong as we were before.

But with the potential system we'll definitely be making up for this and more.