Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.317] Critical Skill

1. Default [1.2.317] Critical Skill

Resistance Beginner
    - Added a critical skill which gives 50% probability for 200% critical with one skill point. This skill starts invisible.

Battlemage
    Dark Chain: Slightly increased the horizontal range (Before, After)
    Advanced Dark Aura: Now correctly requires Dark Aura 20 as a pre-requisite.
    Advanced Yellow Aura: Weapon speed decreased by 1 at all levels (-2 from levels 1-10, -3 from 11-30 :: Down from -1 and -2, respectively)

Wild Hunter:
    Crossroads: Now has the ability to stun. At max level, 95% chance for 4 seconds of stun
    Jaguar: Reduced hitbox while riding on the Jaguar. As an example --> (Before, After)

2. Self-titled badass
    IGN: Gambiarra
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 131
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    usa

Critical! :D

Also, exactly how much was the hitbox reduced on the Jaguar? It'd be nice to see.
    Thanks for adding a picture
    Last edited by Cancambo; 2010-06-07 at 06:24 AM.

3. Default

The links to the jaguar hitbox pictures are broken.

4. Default

Not anymore.

5. Default

Yay the Jag doesn't suck as much anymore! Lame and unfair critical is lame and unfair, though.

6. Default

I'd like some more details on that critical. 1 point for native crit for BOTH jobs? Wat.

7. Default

I don't have any more information regarding the skill other than that it was added. There's nothing in the quest data to show where you get it from.

8. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Wow, epic Jaguar change is epic. These are some nice buffs to the Resistance.

9. Default

Nice changes for the Jaguar. Critical will make Wild Hunters a lot more powerful.

10. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Yey. Crits for wild hunter.
    Now if only they took out SE...'-'

11. Default

Dark Chains has minimum range? =O

Also, with this Critical, Bow Masters and Marksmen are officially obsolete.

The guys running around with Wild Hunters in Tespia, can you test the damage of Spring Shot?
    What I'm observing in videos is that its damage gets progressively better as it goes through more targets, like Pierce; however, I am unable to determine whether or not this is actually a Pierce effect where damage is going up, or whether this is some reverse Iron Arrow where the first target is actually taking less than rated damage.

Though this video is one depicting the use of Wild Shot primarily, you can see the few instances such as 1:10, where he uses Spring Shot and the initial hit is only triple digits but the final hit reaches 2448, which is not in regular range of mastery. Presumably, Wild Shot is at level 1, since he's only 7x and thus only had three skill points worth to glitch into it, and his Spring Shot is maxed as he is in Third Job. With this, I expect his range to be around 600~1200, which should hit nowhere near 2400 on Spring Shot.

Unless Crossroads has a similar effect to Pierce or the delay is greatly exaggerated, it is still seemingly worthless outside of a single shot to stun monsters from retaliating immediately and then spamming Spring Shot to finish them off as Crossroads is only 10% more damage and more than 1.5x the standard Crossbow speed.

12. Default

Pretty sure it costs 0 points. It's suppose to act as a default critical as a general game mechanic like other games have I guess.

Adding the skill and setting it to 1(as in enable) most likely is easier anyways than messing with the actual codes since no jobs until now have "a critical as a default game mechanic"

The above is kind of misleading maybe... for short though, let's say at level 1 you have a 50% chance of doing 200% damage as critical.

EDIT: @ video above.. no critical damages? o.O unless they made critical hits the same color as non critical hits or you have to do something to get the skill... (assuming this is after 1.2.317 patch)

13. Default

Although the critical skill has been added or made more apparent, there is no actual critical skill in-game, nor a way to obtain it yet. Neither the Battle Mage nor the Wild Hunter on this KMST account that I'm using has a critical yet.

14. Default

Blah blah...
    I am waiting for their town... or anything completely new, because new classes made me boring.

15. Default

What happened to the beginner critical for non Resistance classes I saw somewhere?

With the critical rings, critical% on items, critical oriented skills and critical buffs it looks as if some classes will get over 100% Critical rates, which would seem...excessive.

16. Default

Are they using the crit' skill or aren't they? This is an unbelievable tease by Nexon. Also I figured they'd leave the jaguar hitbox as is, that's odd shrinking it.

Can this new resistance class even get Critical Rings any more? Thought that particular event was over in kMS.

17. Default

So, is this critical +100% damage, then? Or +200%? Hoping for the former, because the latter would be absolutely gamebreaking.

18. Self-titled badass
    IGN: Gambiarra
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 131
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    usa

The events over, but people could have possibly made "ring mules" of sorts. The ring is tradeable once through the storage, and some people might have had the foresight to save a ring for a future job.

19. Default

Absolutely no reason for anyone to think the crit is "+" 200%.

I'd say this class is more fair with the built-in critical than without. NLs are still going to do better damage than it and they have the mobility advantage, but still I think it would be more fair to have its SE removed too.