Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An update

1. Default

I remember BD got..

"fired" (or he left) due to some conflict between him and Fiel.

So I doubt he'd want to come back.

2. Default

With his control issues he'd love absolutely nothing more than to come back. He's still PMing on SW to this day on the subject.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Sleepywood? Wut?

*Goes there*

Good grief he's there too? I haven't checked out SW's mod team in so long. He said he wanted less stress/not be power hungry, well moderating SW is a rather ironic action. I suppose this is where some of his madness came from anyways, moderating a forum as huge as that.

4. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

I'd think people would at least guess within the realm of possibility who Paul intends to pass the site onto. He won't leave the site to someone who is ultimately going to ruin it (as far as he can see). I'd say Eos or Spaz.

5. Default

I didn't know who Paul was talking about until I asked him earlier.

6. Default

So did I. I was quite confused by his statement.

Must learn whom this party is!
    'Cause, well, I wanna party, and hopefully this party will let me in their party so I can party at their party.

7. Default

I have my doubts it'd be Spaz.
    1) I don't even remember the last time I saw him post here.
    2) He's got SSA to look after, and other projects around that :P

lol @ anybody saying that BD wouldn't want to come back. Going by the stuff I hear him say on the KoM IRC channel, he definitly wants to be back.

I really don't know who it could be. I'd maybe guess Devil's Sunrise. Maybe. Though I have a feeling it's going to be a very big surprise.

8. Default

Having been Ban On Sight would be a fairly good reason for that.

9. Default

Spaz was banned on sight? What?

10. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Glad to see waldo is not going to change the site. Will waldo also be the extractor or that's another person in this "party"?

11. Default

Spaz = LHCGreg

I get my Gregs confused.

12. www.thatwasmykil.com
    IGN: ThatWasMyKil
    Server: Bera
    Level: 203
    Job: Battle Bishop
    Guild: Inspired
    Alliance: Virtus
    australia

Yay Sleepyperry.net!

13. Default

Southwood is far funnier.

15. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

I'm still pretty sad :/

16. Default

Most likely, if it's a site owner, he or she must have had some previous moderation skills. I'm also assuming that he or she would know about some history of this site, as well as the basic rules. I'm also going to assume that he or she knows how a server works.

So if you put the three together, it has to be someone competent enough to be the next owner. I can probably guess some people that could probably handle the job, but some of you guys have already ruled them out, I think.. Meh. Would it possibly be any of the current staff members, I wonder?

17. Default

The only qualified staff member is Eos and he's not up for it. Chances are Fiel is going to choose someone that we're all completely unfamiliar with.

18. Default

What about DS or Russt? My reasoning is that they seem like they would be two individuals that would know what they're doing. They also have moderation experience and skills because of well, moderating this forum already. They know the site pretty darn well too, so I don't see why people leave these two guys out. They also seem to be very computer-literate and are quite knowledgeable in some areas.

19. Default

You're giving them too much credit. They've only been moderating Southperry for a couple of months, and I'm pretty sure they're both first-time moderators and aren't even considering filling in for Fiel.

Fiel is looking for a man with experience. You can't just build up a successful forum and hand it over to somebody that you "think" might have a chance at keeping it alive. They may be code-savvy, which puts them above most, but there's so much more dedication involved in being both a forums and systems administrator. A lot of it revolves around money that most people are financially incapable of spending.