I'm sure many of you are extremely worried about SP going down for good in the next two weeks. Allow me to reassure you that I am doing everything in my power to stop this from happening. To shut down the site is a last ditch thing - if no one else is willing and capable to take one of my two roles.
Luckily, I have found another party that is willing to buy the site and fully meets my qualifications. For privacy sake, I will not identify who the other party is. However, negotiations are going very well. We already agree on much of what the future site should look like. We have proceeded far enough with negotiations that now it's just a matter of writing up a contract between the two of us. The chances of SP going down for good appears slim - very slim - at this point.
Here are some of the concepts in which we've both strongly agreed:
- That the site remains culturally and physically intact
- That there is an extractor for the forums
- That the admin of the forums is also the admin of the server
- A previously banned member should never hold a staff position
I have received several offers for the site. Now that I'm counting them, at least four offers in the past week (one offer even being just for the domain name alone - no server). But this one I feel is going to be the best for you, me, and the other party. I'm fighting for you guys, the forum, and extractions 100%.