Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to move on

1. Default

Wow, I can't say I saw this coming.

2. Default

I did.

A guy can only handle so much Maplestory before he wants to run himself off a cliff.

3. Default

no one did. Its a big surprise to everyone.

5. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

This site was only about 50% Extractions, 20% Number crunching and data, 10% MapleStory, 20% everything else. Really.

6. Default

And what,sir is so funny?

7. Default

Aye, well hopefully you'll choose someone who is also fair minded and not just someone who can do all the things you can do. As much as I've enjoyed Southperry I rather see it die a nice quiet death than to see it handed over to a person who will let the power go to their head so to speak.

Because I don't mean any disrespect or offense, but you haven't always been the best at choosing staff members.

8. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

you can say that again.

highly optimistic. if no one stands up and can take over SP by 6/15, then the site is gone, as well as the posting therein.

yes, there is still hope, but, hope works both ways: either things work out and everyone is happy, or things dont and everyone is sad.

If the site goes down, which honestly i see as the eventuality, the option of finding a new forum is really the only viable one. 'course that'd mean some people would never be seen again for each individual, which in itself is both good and bad, but SP really is like one big family, quirks and all.

i find it odd this thread is made within the same 24 hours as your latest blog Fiel, just ironic. but eh, life moves on.

9. Default

Sorry I could have sworn it was a sarcastic statement. Maybe it's personal bias. I mean, it's been fairly obvious that activity has dramatically slowed down. In the beginning it's questionable whether or not the comments within Southperry were worth the #35/month. But the fact that you have a steady stream of users would hopefully alleviate that cost via advertisements. The fact that is hardly new activity indicates a large question of whether or not paying this monthly cost is worth it. I certainly would not pay $35 to have membership to this forum board. I would just go to other forum boards or write in my livejournal. To be brutally honest, Southperry is not worth the investment. There are cheaper alternatives to social networking that you could easily rely on and with a healthy influx of users. Southperry is in the face of stagnancy and Fiel has decided to close it down. I would personally assess him keeping up the site as an act of philanthropy if he's really paying off a deficit and not making a personal profit in the entire matter.

10. Default

Lesson learned, Seraphim.

It takes a very special person to run this site. To expect an exact clone of me would be asking a bit much.

11. Default

This is rather sad news.

Looks like I better remember to save some good threads before the 15th if no one buys the site.

12. Default

Well, I wasn't only talking about who everyone thinks I am talking about, but also two other staff members you trusted with a high amount of power. But that is not important in anyway.

Hopefully we'll find a fair leader, and if not, it's been fun, right?

13. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

As little as I post, I still enjoy browsing this forum nearly every day. I honestly don't know where to turn to(as an MS, or any other forum) if Southperry will be shut down.

Sigh, it won't be the same, even without Fiel around. I thank you for everything you have done with us; especially after lifting my un-intended bannable post.

Life goes on for all of us, I suppose. Good luck with life, Paul. You shall be missed-- but not forgotten.

14. Default

Ah, well, was very nice untill it lasted! Have fun out there, and good luck on any future stuff you have ahead!

Even if the site goes down, it keeps good memories.

15. Default

Swerve - the site is self-sustaining on ad revenue alone and even turns a small profit for me at the end of the month.

16. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

You're looking too far into it Swerve. Paul always said he didn't do this for profit, and that he enjoyed doing this despite the money it takes, etc. etc. etc. I guess that the burden was too heavy for Paul to carry after Isaac left. Even if Eos took over the moderation and etc.

I also recall him saying that his extractor and the site would look good on a resume.

17. Default

That's good to hear Paul. I feel better knowing that your maintenance and contributions bear some small award. Even though I understand how it can still be a deficit if those abilities could be applied elsewhere.

I was thinking that profit could have been an additional reason to why he wanted to stop running SP. If SP made him six figures then there really is no reason to stop running the site. But if SP was draining him of any funds then that would be a personal sacrifice and he should determine what he wants to do when he reaches that point. Again he always has the right to decide when to call it quits. That's not being selfish, that's his right. I was simply expressing my own opinion in retaliation to the other people feeling that Fiel was being "greedy." I did not share a similar sentiment and I was simply expressing my side from a different angle.

I've been privy to the same exact questions such as Fiel. "What am I still doing here?" "Am I gaining anything by doing this?" "Shouldn't I be thinking more about my future?" I've been thinking about this question for months. I was simply at a point where there was nothing unique I was reading from this board. At the same time, the things I wrote were not being fully understood. I won't disclose the answer that I found. But it doesn't require me from stopping what I've been doing all along. For Fiel, he may have found a different answer.

18. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

Oh, I didn't fully grasp the point you were trying to make. My apologies.

20. Default

Seconded.