Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to move on

1. Default

I suppose he is the real joke, then.

2. Default

I would of thought the revenue would be reason enough to stay o.o But I guess the revue discrepancy between SP and SW is really huge...

3. Default

Fiel has stated that it's not an issue with revenue. He just doesn't have the time to perform all the duties that he has been doing in the past. A number of assumptions can be made about how much SW makes or how much SP makes based on factors X, Y, and Z. But it's illogical to assume that the reason why Fiel has decided to stop running Southperry is because he's comparing income revenues with Sleepywood. It's perfectly fine if you want to view relationships in dichotomies: Democrats vs. Republicans, liberals vs. conservatives, corporations vs. environmentalists. But when it comes to actual application, these relationships are often false dichotomies that we establish in our own minds to make situations easier to understand.

4. Default

Comparing SP to SW is apples and oranges. SW exists to be the most popular maplestory forum. SP exists for data extraction and game mechanics. Our goal is not to be the most popular, but to have the most information available. I would continue doing extractions even if we only had 1/2 of our current userbase (as I did when the site first started). Also, SW requires a different mindset to run. They need to have heavier moderation due to their larger userbase. Here we need to have larger staff to handle the extractions and data.

On a side note, the next way the site would branch out would be to get volunteers to fill in the calendar for Maplestory. That would support the community and also keep people coming back for news and whatnot.

5. Default

NUUUUUUU first SC2 beta is gonna end, now this??? My interweb life will never be the same =( This was like the only website that kept me connected to maple. i guess it's time to go find other stuffs to do. I'd totally volunteer myself for the job, but i have no idea what any of the stuff means

6. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

Fiel, can i get clarification/an expansion on this please?

7. Default

I could be totally wrong, but it sounds like a constantly updating calendar that shows what MS events are coming up. Could be helpful for those that don't want to look through various Nexon announcements to find the (possible incorrect) times for everything.

8. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

I would volunteer to help do that if volunteers are needed.

9. Default

I'm just going to say that I'm 100% for this happening.

A calendar idea might be a good way to bring in people to the site if extractions cannot be done.

Hopefully someone will step up to at least be an admin in the absence. However, extractions are a great priority.
    This really sucks.

...Why do I keep typing "infractions" instead of "extractions"?

I'm not fond of writing lengthy and thought out posts in these sorts of situations, for the record.

/* Fiel's breaking his own "No quitting threads" rule. TEEHEE. */

10. Default

You realize he's not talking about something new here? We've had the calendar for months. http://www.southperry.net/calendar.php

11. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

which is why i'd like an explanation on the sudden interest in finding volunteers for it. its always been there, so whats the big deal about having people put stuff up on there now? ive been tempted to joke and put my b-day up there, but realized it'd probably just get erased and labeled as useless junk.

12. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

We still have that? I was looking for it a while ago and I couldn't find it, silly me.

13. Default

I realize this, of course. I was around when it got deleted and when it got reimplemented. However, I'm going to safely assume that the point Paul was trying to get across was a way to spice it up. As of right now, it's virtually dead. There's very little information on it and people don't even know where it's located (See: Above). So, if someone were to update it regularly with patch dates, times, update information, 2x times...etc, then there may possibly be hope to bring in a regular user-base.

14. Default

You can also see the events going on for the next five days at the bottom of the home forum page.

Oh well, we're getting off-topic here. Oops.

16. Default

Oh I always thought that revenue would be the ultimate reason to continue expending time when you've actually moved on from maple (as I thought was the case for SW and Adura). I mean, it wouldn't seem like a waste of time if you were honing your skills (so to speak) and making a buck.

Meh.

17. Default

Sad to see the place go, even if I've been gone for forever and a half. I wish the best of luck to you Fiel in your future endeavors. Thanks for the good memories.

18. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

This. I bet some of us would be more than willing to spice it up and keep it updated.

19. Neon Atom
    IGN: MagicsBISH/BOW
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: BISH/BM/SAIR
    Guild: Destiny and Inspired
    germany

Thanks for this Page. I learned a lot here!! Many people came together and helped each other to understand their life and also Maplestory better.
    For me is SP>SW ever! I hope someone will host this Site further! But i can understand your decission Fiel!!

Go your way!Take your Chance in your Life!

Thanks!

20. Default

I think it would have been wiser to try a find a co-host in like a month-or-two period of time instead of announcing the shutdown of the site so abruptly. Maybe you have already but it does seem a little too sudden. I'm not sure how fees and administration goes but perhaps you can leave the site on its own and see if anything comes up by itself by other users. Ultimately it is your decision but it does seem sad SP will be gone. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in Fiel, as well as by other dedicated mods and members.