It comes to a point where you begin to realize:
"What am I still doing here?"
"Am I gaining anything by doing this?"
"Shouldn't I be thinking more about my future?"
A site like this takes a lot of time and a lot of passion. My passion has most certainly not run out - I still love working with the site and doing extractions. However, the time it takes to do quality extractions and provide great information is daunting. Furthermore, I feel a growing disconnect with newer players of Maplestory. They stay the same age while I just get older and older. I'm 23 now, and I don't see myself staying here much longer.
So, I am leaving SP members with a choice. Find someone who is willing to run the site AND can perform extractions. The alternate option is that I shut down the website on June 15 for good. This date is non-negotiable.
A person who I select to run the site will have access to:
- All of my scripts and binaries
- FTP/MySQL/Root access to the server (paid up through the 17th - costs $35/mo - host is through VPSLink)
- Access to the server host control panel
- Access to the site I use for image hosting (happychinchilla.info - paid up through January 2011)
- Full admin access on Southperry
- Pre-made fully customized server
- Ability to collect donations and ad revenue (site is self-sustaining)
- vBulletin license (publisher's version)
- Access to the DNS (NameCheap - yearly dues are next month)
- I will stay for two weeks to help with the transition and ease you into using my scripts if you'd like
The person I'm looking for has the following qualities:
- Familiarity with WZ files a necessity
- Previous forum admin experience a plus
- Never been banned from SP in any way
- Have a passion for data extraction
- Familiarity with Python a plus
If you're interested in buying Southperry, please PM me with your bid and any relevant experience you have. If you would like, you can contact me on MSN at --------- or on AIM at --------.
Between now and June 15, it will be business as usual around here. There will still be moderation. I will still be posting extractions, and I will stay with the site until the end.
Thank you, Southperry, for the good times. All good things must come to an end. And yes, I did shed a tear writing this.