Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

Dude, I already told you I climb ladders fast on the Dual Blader. Pretty sure he's right.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I thought you were playing some other character and/or i forgot. >_>

Disregard the fact that i suck cock, then.

3. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Amazing party buffs are great, but the fact that they Auras don't stack makes the class stand out that much less, to the point where they can be replaced by classes that already exist. My point is, we have Arans that can use Combo Barrier AND provide amazing DPS to both mobs and bosses. Why bring a Battlemage to a boss for Blue Aura over that? Sure, there's the cooldown issue on Combo Barrier, but hey, just throw a second Aran in and you're set. Want to argue to bring a Battlemage for Advanced Dark Aura? While that's essentially the place they're most useful, it doesn't help if they can't survive something like Pink Bean without Blue Aura.

As of what they look like right now, especially when compared to GMS DPS gods, Battlemages are nothing more than buff mules. The fact that their Auras don't stack is a huge hit to their usefulness, and so in the reality of deciding who to bring in a 30 person squad, I can't see Battlemages having much prominent usefulness. Ex.: A HornTail run may take, what, 3, one for each Range 1, Range 2, and Melee 1. Fantastic.

Finally, my comment regarding the skills as party buffs earlier was merely to compare single target DPS between classes. If all classes can benefit from something, it's not an advantage to just one class. In the end, you're right, though, because such buffs do make the difference (such as giving a NL Sharp Eyes).

4. GLADIGATORS
    usa

The auras can fuse if you have 2 in a party, and since adv dark aura is such a huge boost i think that alone will make up for their low DPS. It's not like you have to stick with one aura or anything. o.o If the party needs to survive, cast blue. If it needs to do the most damage, cast dark. If they need speed cast yellow. As far as i can see yellow affects magic attacks as well, but that's only by assuming that battle mage skills count as magic skills (which i'm sceptical about because the blow skills negate the stun from chains, which magic isn't supposed to do). I think yellow is the least useful though...but it does make everything around you slower which is awesome.

5. Default

Do party members always have to be in the Aura range for them to be buffed? Otherwise, one of the problems with Auras is their range. Battlemages have melee attacking range, meaning any ranged class will not be able to receive the buff.

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I don't know if the buff flickers anymore if you're not in range, but that's what it does if you're not in range.

Edit: More info on reaper:

I just got word that you can in fact summon more than one reaper at a time, which i haven't been able to do yet because i only have a 1% chance of summoning him. >_> This makes this skill extremely overpowered.

7. Default

Does it follow you around or is it more like Octopus/Gaviota? Also how long does it last? I couldn't tell if the times in the skill tables are for the buff or for the actual summon.

It would be pretty good if it didn't follow you around. 10% chance to OHKO a monster is great if you can leave it on a platform.

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Reaper does not follow you around. It stays on the platform it appears on, but it moves around on it's own. Imagine octopus except it can walk and there isn't a limit on how many reapers can exist at one time. I'm pretty sure the reaper has the same duration as the buff

9. Default

No. Dark Lightning is crap compared to combos, as far as I can tell, unless there's something special about it that I'm missing.

10. Default

L> Reaper video. If that isn't a glitch, then that's pretty cool.

Edit: 20% probability of summon at max level? Probably not a glitch then.

11. Default

About the partying effectiveness of Auras, how do they work in a party exactly?, does the whole party get the aura the battle mage is using or is it a buff?
    Cause if it is a buff, there's no timer, that would mean aura mules to buff parties before the bosses and then stay away from the fight (since they apparently aren't dispellable either)

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

If the mage who casts the buff leaves the party the buff disappears after a short time.

13. Default

Well it has 250 base damage, which is stronger than most of the hits in the combo. I was wondering if Dark Lightning -> Combo for 10 seconds -> Dark Lightning would yield greater DPS than just spamming the combo.

Dark Lightning looks too cool to be useless.

14. Default

Yeah, Latale had equips that did that you went so freaking slow in that game and you can't jump down made me quit after like level 24. =/

15. Default

Ahh...LaTale. I remember jump-climbing the ladders and ropes all over the place. Kinda defeated the purpose of having ladder climbing speed+ equips. Had some trouble getting used to Maplestory after that. XD

I quit after getting to Lv58 on my Bow Explorer. Just didn't have the patience to hit Lv80...

16. Default

Quad Blow's numbers look really messed up. The other attacks are reasonable strength hits with a finisher of about double strength. Quad Blow is weak as Triple Blow, with a finisher over 10 times stronger. The first three hits are completely meaningless.

17. Default

Fiel's already stated that there is no data for Quad Blow's first three hits, thus it automatically defaults to Triple Blow's three hits for damage. This is most likely not intentional. What's messed up is Finish Blow's damage being pomegranatetier than Death Blow until it's near maxed.

18. Default

Even when it's maxed, I bet you'd kill a group of regular monsters faster with Death than Finish.

I got a little more data on Swallow. I'm still working on it, but it seems that one of the buffs it can grant is a weak Stance. I was also told that there's a +7% damage buff, and I've seen the MP and defense buffs for myself. They only last about 30 seconds when maxed though. It's not looking too good for them. You can see Stance at around 1:05 in this video I took, with just level 1 Swallow. I'll show more buffs later.

Annoying little side-note, their HP is pretty terrible. You can see I have about 300 less than I should for my level. I haven't checked their growths yet though. I'll write down their numbers for the next few levels.

19. Default

This video gives a better idea of Reaper:

From the looks of it, you have a 20% chance to summon it whenever you kill a monster. Reaper will be summoned where the monster died.

You can also use Teleport while in "Tornado mode".

20. Default

Holy hell, if both of those skills are level 1, then damn! 70k with Gen and 80-90k with the Tornado? That's seriously strong for a level 120.
    I wanna see how fast Tornado would attack a boss or something that could withstand more than 1 hit.