Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Recommending:
    * Hellsing
    * Higurashi no Naku koro ni
    * Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

I'm unsure whether to recommend against Umineko or not. Spidey, what do you say?

Wondering where to place Soul Eater, Vampire Bund and Railgun.

Edit: Umineko no Naku Koro ni is a Crime Fiction.

2. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Deadman Wonderland.

3. Default

Same. I didn't want to comment on it because I wanted to give it more thought. I need to get more information from people who have seen the anime and haven't read the original beforehand, as my views may be a bit biased. Most people tell me that the beginning was nice, but somewhere along the line they got lost and confused, then the ending got boring and rushed. I've heard the manga adaptation was pretty nice though, but then you don't get to hear the awesome music associated with Umineko (not that the anime kept most of them anyway, or played them in their appropriate scenes).

I'm pretty neutral on it for now. Tsukihime also had a pretty bad anime adaptation, but nobody brought it up yet so I'm not going to vote against something not there.

But...that's not animated yet!

Same for Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I actually like the first adaptation's storyline better than the manga's storyline. It's probably one of the only series where I find that the adaptation drastically changed the story and actually did better than the original with it. Of course, that's just my opinion. I thought Bones would do the same thing with Soul Eater as well, but I ended up getting /* Courage */ .

Edit - Spice and Wolf isn't action.

Edit 2 - Durarara is more action than romance.

4. Default

added + updated
    Also changed Ghost in the shell to Ghost in the shell: Stand alone complex

Added + updated
    -Also changed Umineko to Crime Fiction
    -didn't add Vampire Bund and Railgun

-What would Spice and Wolf fall under then?
    -Fixed durarararararara

I liked Umineko except it got redundant. Skeptic Battler was making stale for me so I didn't finish it, thus didn't recommend for or against.

5. Default

Adventure.

Too many ra's!

So, interesting beginning but then slowed down somewhere and lost your interest, right? That's what I find most people say.

6. Default

Sorry, I stuttered.

Yes.

Also, added Ranma ½. Instant classic.

7. Default

Seconding.

8. Default

Alright, I'm only delving into specific genres for ones that aren't already up there.

Action:
    Baccano!
    Black Lagoon
    Cowboy Bebop
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Comedy
    Arakawa under the Bridge
    Bakemonogatari
    Detroit Metal City
    Hayate the Combat Butler
    Hidamari Sketch
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
    Seto no Hanayome
    Welcome to the NHK

Psychological
    Mononoke (Also fits nicely under "Horror")
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

Romance:
    Clannad
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Toradora!

Misc.:
    Mushishi
    Eve no Jikan (Sci-fi, psychological, romance)
    The Girl who Leapt Through Time
    Spirited Away (Adventure, Supernatural, Drama)
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (S1) (Sci-fi, Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Slice-of-life, Parody)

9. Default

My girlfriend wants to add the following and recommend:

Blood +
    Chrono Crusade
    Full Metal Panic!
    Saikano
    Samurai Champloo
    Slayers Next
    Soul Eater
    Trigun
    xxxHOLiC

Those.

10. Default

added smooth's + loose' gf suggestions. also added sci-fi into its own category.

11. Default

Vouch Soul eater.

It has a lot of perverted comedy, violence, and action however for a period of time the series gets really boring (only for a few episodes though!).

12. Default

If you like minor ecchi, I recommend the following:

Kanokon
    Ladies versus Butlers!
    To Love Ru

13. Default

I dunno. I picked it up for its artwork, then stuck with it in hopes that Bones would do something awesome with it. Wasn't a bad series, but didn't really stick out to me much. Nail in the coffin was /* the rushed ending. */

Just my opinion though, it's not like I'm voting against this. I'm typically not into fighting series anyway, aside from a few choice favorites (some of which are favorites only because my childhood is associate with them).

14. Default

F*ck, this should have been done. But I just remembered, recommending the following:

Digimon season 1
    Digimon season 2
    Yu-Gi-Oh
    Monster Rancher

yes, I'm serious.

15. Default

i think youre confusing "recommend an anime" with "list of animes youve seen" but okay. will be added.

as much as i love yugioh, the show's biggest biggest flaw is the unnecessary dialogues to prolong every single duel to 5+ episodes. with already 200+ episodes under its belt, the amounts of fillers were a big turn off as well.

16. Default

i actually liked every season of yugioh. despite being long, they were relevant to the plot - finding the pharaoh's identity.

17. Default

I was referring to Digimon, but if it's YuGiOh, I enjoyed the last season the most, because the other ones were sorta annoying or all about Kaiba. Yugi vs Atem, anyone?

18. Default

Think he was talking about Digimon.

Edit - Ninja'd.