View Poll Results: When are you done with finals?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Already done!

13 22.81%
  • Later this May yet.

9 15.79%
  • Not until June. :(

31 54.39%
  • Finals? I don't have finals.

4 7.02%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Just finished. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo (almost)

2. Default

I was done 2 weeks ago. I technically should be a Senior in college, meh. I'm a Junior though, mostly because I take only 12-15 credits (usually 12-13) per semester, because I don't want to overdo it and fail everything, because I know myself well. Procrastinate a lot. Considering on taking my CCNA after meeting up with some old friends at my older college the other day while I graduate and walked during the Commencement Ceremony. They both told me they wanted to take the CCNA. I said "Why in a rush?". He says "Apparently, Josh says that the CCNA exams changes every 2 years, and after getting the CCNA, you gotta retake it every 3 years."

So now I'm thinking about re-reading through my networking books and probably taking the CCNA either some time at the end of this year, or perhaps next year. I'm a bit nervous because I know damn well CCNA isn't easy shit. 2 more years to go...

3. GLADIGATORS
    usa

What's a CCNA good for?

4. Default

CCNA stands for Cisco Certified Network Associate. Basically, you're an administrator working on WANs, controlling configurations for routers, switches, etc. Most of it is routing programming, in my opinion. I've done less programming on switches. Uhm.. you have to know your protocols too, like RIP, RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, etc. Then there's subnetting involved, VLSM, etc. It's hard sh`it.

If I had to pick whether I enjoy doing language-programming or doing network maintenance, I'd pick the latter. Everybody has their weaknesses and strong points, and I'm just better at networking.

There's different Cisco Certifications for Associate-levels, you can view them here. I can design a network too, but I'm not that great. The last virtual network I designed, I had to co-op with 2 other people, and someone had to come up with the IP schematic. Another had to plan out how the network will 'look', though that person ditched and didn't do much.. <_< So I had to do that.. and also figuring out parts/supplies (Fiber switches please!).

5. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I see. Eh, i won't do any of that stuff for a while. I guess if i'm going to eventually get the major i'm going to this school for i'll have/want to take this test too.

6. Default

Not necessarily. Because only some schools offers CISCO courses. You have to realize, prepping for the CCNA was a total of '2 years' for me. Why? There were 4 classes. Each was 5 credits, and you had to have the 1st class to take the 2nd, and so forth and so on. There's just so much sh`it crammed into it, man. Most Computer Science or IT majors probably won't have to take CISCO courses. A lot of students I know that doesn't go to the college that I did, told me they did take network classes, but not as intense as the classes I had to take. Most of the ones they took was like N+ or whatever.

If I were you, assuming you're majoring in Computer Science or IT, take a programming class as soon as you can and learn up on it. Don't be like me and take it later, because by then, you'd feel really sh`it.

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

My major is basically just networking courses with business courses. I'm pretty sure we don't have CISCO courses (it's a private school), so i guess.

I had a "programming" class this year, but all it was is teaching the basics and coding structures, which i already knew. I just kind of showed up every class and did the projects and tests and got a B+ average just from paying attention, lmfao.

8. Default

Ah, private institutions. Hmm. I'm not sure if it depends on the professor either, my CISCO professor was the same for all 4 courses, and he's Cisco certified, etc. But wow, if you did that well just by paying attention (since you already knew a bit about programming), I don't think you'd have problems with networking. Because where as programming is like theories, networking is more like information gathered and making it 'work'. Just memorization and a collection of data, really. If you can program a language, then programming a router and a switch is easy. Seriously. Best of luck to you, dude!! Drop me a VM or PM once in a while and let me know how you're doing. :)

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

The guy who runs all the networking classes has a lot of titles but i don't know if he's CISCO certified. :/ Probably is though.

I wouldn't take my success that seriously. xD The class might be a programming class, but it teaches the basics through this thing called alice. Imagine making animations using programming structures, but without actually coding anything. The class is meant to be an introduction, whereas when you actually get higher up (i think .NET programming I) you'll be more familiar with the concepts of arrays and if/else and data types and recursion and all that. But yeah, i took java and C++ in high school so the basics i'm already VERY familiar with. xD I don't actually know how to use any of it to my advantage yet though.

And yeah, GL to you too bro. :3

10. Default

Today was the last day. Next week comprises of finals: two periods a day. Wouldn't call that school. I go in at 8 for most of them, and I'll be home by 10. AP classes + pre-done finals. Yesssss.

11. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

One of my best friends at the University of Chicago won't get out till around the same time. No worries, you're not alone.

And I finished yesterday. Packed up my dorm room, drove home, and have been running errands and seeing people all day today.

12. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

June 16th. =/

13. Default

June 9th. I have a couple extra days after missing a week during that February snow.

Finals start next week, but that's because my calculus teacher is doing that one early.

14. Default

Finished on May 6. Starting an internship at the DOT next Monday.

15. Default

Been finished with undergrad since August 2009. Will be starting school again as a medical student in late July.

16. Default

I need something that says "I finish school in december cause I'm from the southern hemisphere" XD

17. Default

June 21st is my last day. Except nobody ever goes, because it's a Monday, and everything is already done.