Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

I wonder... if Fiel just came out and said (not actually saying this is how he feels) that he just hates that phrase and is sick of seeing it spammed (for quite a while it was) would you have been more or less okay with this decision?

2. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

I would've had to accept it no matter what. But the way Paul has always treated his userbase makes me think that wouldn't happen. See?

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, could compare with Combattente's old DERP flood nor Bakalava's urge to tell us that every THREAD SUCKS. Those I would have been sick of posthaste and would have gladly told those two to shut up about posting DERP and THREAD SUCKS so many times. Reported for "X"? Not really. It's no different than people going "what is this I don't even", even in non-Funhouse threads. While "what is this I don't even" sounds less threatening than "Reported for X enjoy your ban" it's still a meme that gets used when the time calls for it.

4. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

ill say it for Eos: there is never a time that calls for a meme.
    sorry, i could just see that coming from a mile away. =x

the big thing here, to argue for it being banned; is anyone really going to be affected by this? Baklava was hit with THREAD SUCKS, so it affected him. DERP was combattantes thing, and he was nailed for it. is there any one user here that you can see that this will truly affect? no, not really. the day some user in particular goes around into quite a few threads, and is known for saying that line, and really nothing else of value, then people will rally behind it to rid themselves of said user. that's not the case here, so the point still stands that no one is truly going to be hurt by it.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon

Memes bring me humor, and the Funhouse is getting a little stale as it is without some of the good ole people stirring things up; there can ony be so much original content. Eventually a meme will appear.

Banning memes is bad, because the Funhouse will have a lack of content. Look at Sleepywood's version of the Funhouse. Sure there's no memes, but it feels more like a dry Social Discussion board because all memes get you infracted/banned and for a forum with so many people new threads pop up less often than new Funhouse threads. Yes there's a time that calls for memes, and that's called committing tomfoolery in the Funhouse.

6. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

I think we're trying to hard guys.

7. Default

Trying too hgard with friggin SouthPerry. Wh ynebver. Hell, this is a democracy.

8. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

with that considered then a compromising middle ground is to give the funhouse its own set of rules and appoint a mod or two to moderate the forum. but thats just silly.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

I apologize, Rob. :(

10. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

It's okay though. We tried.

11. Default

A meme is, by definition, lack of original content by using the same phrase over and over again.

I don't think memes are a problem by default. You'll notice that we moderators do not dropkick a meme out of the forum unless it becomes an issue with the same one being spammed everywhere - "Thread Sucks" and this one. In the past two years of SP's existence, only three memes have ever been banned from the Funhouse - and one meme wasn't really even banned from the Funhouse just from one person. I'm not on a quest to ban all memes, and I'm not on a quest to make the Funhouse an unhappy place to be with absolutely no memes. Remember in my blog a long time back, I used "Accidentally a coca-cola bottle"? I think memes can and will always be hilarious when used properly. But when a meme causes problems, I want to see it gone.

In your argument you're saying, "Banning memes are bad because the Funhouse will lack content. Look at Sleepywood's version of the Funhouse. Sure there's no memes..." Where here did I even make the argument that all memes are banned? You're evaluating an extreme (Sleepywood with no memes) as the same as the current condition (Southperry without one meme). I'm not banning all memes, so I feel like you're arguing against an argument I never made.

12. Default

"Emphasized that those who make 3 or more blog posts in a 24 hour period is also flooding."

What if someone makes three really well thought out blog posts in a day, would they still be warned?

13. Default

Yes. With the blogging system, we only have the five latest blogs per page to enunciate the latest blogs added. Adding too many blog posts to your own blog in one day takes away from other people being able to have their new blog post featured and receive comments. The quality of the blog post does not matter. Either wait until the next day to make your blog post or combine your posts.

14. Default

Approved. Everything makes sense to me.