View Poll Results: Why do you play MapleStory?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • I play to keep in touch with my friends

57 52.78%
  • I play to achieve the highest damage / level I can

28 25.93%
  • I play because I love buying new NX equips

6 5.56%
  • I play because I think Level 200 is a true accomplishment

11 10.19%
  • I play because other MMORPGs are too serious

12 11.11%
  • I play because I have nothing better to do in my free time

62 57.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I play because of my friends, I have free time, and the time invested in it.

2. Default

I play because I have fun playing it and would waste my time on something just as meaningless, if not more. :P Just a stress reliever to get away from school, work, etc. And my friends got me started in the game and I'll continue to play cuz I <3 them.
    Last edited by nannerz; 2008-07-04 at 02:42 PM.

3. Default

I play to relieve stress, (although Maple usually ends up just creating more, lol.) my friends, and I find the game fun. People can say pomegranate all they want, but there are real people playing the game and you do get attached to them. Before MS I always kinda laughed at people who became friends or got in relationships over the internet, but I've met some great people that've changed that. I'm most likely going to be quitting soon due to various reasons, though. ;/

4. Default

Agreed, I enjoy grinding, and sitting here killing himes for x amount of hours gives me time to sit down and talk to my family/friends on the phone. o--o

5. xDae

I can see the relaxing factor. At the end of the day its nice to just sit down and enter a world where there isnt due dates, expectations of you, responsibility, etc. But some people escape into Maple so much that they neglect their real world obligations

6. Default

I play because:

I like seeing my mesos inflate.
    To get famous in an online RPG and stroke my ego.
    So I can make videos of me training to show off my skills and have people drool over me. Also, so I can make a video of myself every 10 levels to show my mediocre progress.
    I play because I LOVE DRAMA.

Yeah.

7. Default

The only reason I play Maple Story is to compete against other people. If the Ranking System didn't exist, I wouldn't be playing.

8. Default

I don't play very much anymore and when I have nothing to do, I sometimes go on and grind for an hour or 2

9. Default

I only play a private server where everyone isn't all ppl2pass and most of my friends play it. Nexon's MapleStory is just a money-magnet and they have horrible customer support.

10. Default

Those options are fail :<

I used to play for that reason, and i probably coulda came out on top as a FP mage, until 2x EXP came out.

But now I play for the sole purpose of making videos that i dream of so much...even though i suck at video making T_T

11. Default

~*Well, personally I wouldn't be playing now if it wasn't for my friends and my guild <3. My other motivation for playing is achieving the highest level,*~ ~*and best equips I can*~

12. Default

All but the last two.

Maple can be pretty serious sometimes, but other MMO's are about the same...

And I have other stuff I should be doing in my free time.
    xD

13. Default

Months ago, I played because I loved moving up in ranks. Highest I ever got was rank 6. I've stopped playing for ranks in like.. April ? So pretty much, the only reason I log on, which is rarely now, is to talk to friends.

14. Totally Quit
    IGN: SubIimity
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 156
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: Infamous
    Alliance: QUIT

I started playing because i was bored with my gaming consol games and stumbled acrossit.

Now I play it to reach a certain accomplishment that I set and that im determined to reach.

15. Default

where's the "because I can and it's free" option?

I dunno, it keeps sucking me back in, somehow. Be it for old friends, new content, etc. Hooray endless MMOs.

16. Default

I played for my family and friends but now that they've all quit .. lol I log on occasionally to train a bit but it's really hard without them.

17. Default

Dude I didn't quit<3

Before I use to play for ranks LOL,My highest was rank 5 and was Number 1 Sniper in kradia.
    Now i just play for fun/friends trying to get to hero and maybe get top ranks of heroes in kradia.
    Last edited by Kawaii; 2008-07-04 at 07:33 PM.

18. Proton
    IGN: VictorGS
    Server: Culverin, KMS
    Level: 7x
    Job: 버커니어
    Guild: Sleepywood
    Alliance: GuildUnion

I play Because i can, and it's free! Well, not really. I play because my friends right now, however, i got Perma-Banned for the Ride to Mu Lung glitch (Known as Hak Glitch (Epic: NOT HACK, HAK!)) Now, I'm waiting 'till pirates come to jMS.

19. Default

Because it's free. Scratch that consumist phrase, please.

Actually, I don't know how, or why, MS has proven to be quite addictive, much like coke, or candies, some internetz fellows play it, so do I. But yeah, maybe it's a way to do something with forum friends.

20. Default

I play mainly to talk to friends who play, and to just hang out mostly. I've met a lot of nice people on MS so far. :)