Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.309] Chaos HTP/ZHelm

1. Default

Chaos Zak doesn't seem too bad and it looks like an easier way to get an additional 21 luk on my Evan. Chaos HT, however, is a whole 'nother beast. :o

2. Default

I have to wonder if Nexon remembers what game they're coding for when they add things like damage reflect and no-potion. Those things might be do-able or make more sense in other games, but here all attacks are full-screen and hit hard.

I do like the idea behind this though, and a harder Zakum sounds like fun times. Chaos HT is definitely not possible, and that's a shame considering the HTP is the better of the two objects since it looks like you can hit it with Dragon Stones twice.

3. Default

with level 209 mobs???
    I smell new level cap

4. Default

why is everyone talking about level 209 mobs? Were any mobs labeled as being over level 200? Didn't think sooooo...

It's the algorithm. I didn't expect there to be any level 200 mobs for a long time coming. So when there was one this patch, it got put into the 200 - 209 category, though there is no mob that is actually above level 200. You'll notice at the beginning of the post I stated that the boss mob was level 200. C'mon guys. Use your head.
    Last edited by Fiel; 2010-05-03 at 09:46 AM.

5. Default

The Familiar doesn't have a Lvl value btw, I guess that's how people assumed.

6. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

The Level 200 boss has 350 avoid o_O

Assuming they don't have any plans to change his stats around when he is finally released (and the avoid/accuracy formula isn't changed), say goodbye on anyone but Archers ever being able to fight him.

7. Default

Its bark is louder than its bite. Those mobs are pretty useless after further investigation. I'll explain why later.

8. Default

i wonder if there is durability involved seeing the htp ads % hp

9. Default

Couldn't agree more.

I really don't think they realize what kind of game Maplestory is anymore. Either they need to change up the whole game (especially in regards to HP/MP and defenses) or just stop and design stuff that makes sense with how MS works.

10. Default

Oh man, Chaos Zakum would take me 7~hours to solo. BRB, doin' that.

11. Default

Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait, though I expect some changes.

12. Default

Amazing! The new Horntail Pendant and Zakum Helmet have +10% HP! I hope that they don't set durability.

Looks like my Targa Helmet from my Bishop is going to be obsolete, though Chaos Zakum is going to be even harder than regular Horntail. Chaos Horntail is going to be hell, so I think I'll still keep my Mark of Naricain.

13. Default

Only because it's been driven to the ground by a pomegranatety company. I like MapleStory as a game for its simplicity and artwork; I hate what they've done with the gameplay, their current pattern of releasing new content...it's a long list even on the parent level. There's a whole other list of things wrong with Nexon America's running of the game.

14. Default

Exciting stuff...but I'm sure my Sair will be OHKO'd by any of their attacks. I guess I'll be playing my Evan more often.

I wonder if that HTP can surpass MoN for non-Mages/Shadowers.

15. Default

Wheels make everything possible Alex, it'll just be expensive. Chaos HT is very much possible, finding enough accuracy might be tough for warriors though.

16. Default

I mean, I don't doubt that enough wheels can solve most any problem, but you'd have to be out of your mind to think they designed these bosses to be impossible without them. Really, you just suck at design if you can't figure out how to make a boss hard without making his fucking sneezes OHKO or seduce you.

17. Default

Additionally, You gotta be kind of daft to design bosses that forces people to abuse a glitch which conveniently never gets fixed because it earns them so much bloody cash. HP washing requirements combined with a few hundred wheels and we have A) a company that looks anything but proffesional, B) an online game that other gamers despises and laugh about and C) a hardcore tiny numbers of players that shell out so much money that it could feed poor families in african for several years, just to get the "chaos" gear.
    I lift my hat for you Nexon Korea, you overdid even my wildest expectations.

18. Default

A few questions:

1. Do these bosses have the same time limit as the regular ones?

2. Can you be seduced and have zombify on you at the same time? (if so, ouch.)

3. Is there a new blue notice text when it gets defeated? (for HT)

19. Default

All I know is that the third one is probably true. Second one isn't true thus far, but it could be expected to change.

Another thing I'd like to note is that this has a high possibility of changing. This No-Potion thing could be really bothersome.