Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default

Wouldn't be useless if that was on a Bow/Crossbow/Gun now would it? =P
    Besides, Thieves get damage from DEX too.

2. Default

Not useless is that extra 6% from that blade allows you to wear a timeless dagger with low dex base.

I think it was actually well thought. I mean, 6% + to your main stat coming from a single item would be overpowered. (if your str is 500, you'd get like 30, thats more str than what the Horntail's pendant gives). but for your secondary stat. since its kept low most of the time, 6% wont mean more than 10 dex extra or even less.

I have mixed feelings about all these changes. For a side, i think its cool they are improving the stats and systems in the game, but by the other one i think its tells us they decided to give up on makinh MS2 and just improving the actual game, which i think is wrong since they wont be able to fix a lot of issues present in it.

3. Default

If 6% is adding 10 DEX, you're high DEX.

4. Default

The "helping you wear high dex equips" and "6% dex could give you 10 dex" examples were two different ones. I consider a base dex of 70 as low when the dex you need for a reverse item is 160. If you had a total dex of 140, a 6% bonus would give you 8+ dex points, sure it isnt enough but who says it doesnt help, now you just need 12 more points instead of 20 (leaving aside the posible dex potential bonus from your other items).

I retiire what I said about this being well thought. I just read from Spadow's blog and he says the potential stats can be random. Meaning that dex bonus very well could be a luck one too.
    Last edited by byakugan; 2010-04-09 at 04:30 PM.

5. Default

Those skills are actually a horrible idea. Giving everyone free access to signature skills is very unfair.

The HB makes Spearmen instantly useless.

6. Default

They aren't party skills nor are they the same strength as the original skills. Plus, we don't even know how they're obtained yet. Calm down, jeez.

7. Default

Skills like this are a wonderful idea. We don't all like partying and certain jobs aren't always available/your friends for boss runs. If you're playing a class to be a mule you're doing it wrong.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Not to mention the skills help those on unpopulated servers. Are you a ranged class on a new server and want to kill pianus? Not enough HP to do so? No HB mule around? Introducing weakened self HB!

9. Default

Are you a class who doesn't actually benefit from HB or SE? Tough luck...

L> HS/SI personal buffs.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Poor/Unwashed Ranged will still need that extra +20% HP in order to live at bosses. The melee are pretty much well off.

11. Default

I don't think it's fair for them to fix the HP problem in a way that pretty much makes the only reason to ever do anything with a Spearman obsolete. The chance that that extra 20% being essential will only be in a place that is extremely endgame.

Edit: Someone show me a formula so I can see with expected HP ranges of if that 20% will be essential that actually should be taken by a BM, like ranged attacks, barring Pink Bean.
    Last edited by DualReaver; 2010-04-09 at 06:11 PM.

12. Default

Instead of nerfing the self versions of these skills they should just buff the party versions that certain classes already come with (by 10-25%).

13. Neon Atom
    IGN: FluffyFoxxie
    Server: Bera
    Level: 18X
    Job: Marxman
    Guild: RedShift
    Alliance: Purified
    usa

Awh yeah. I could go for that. Stupid throns making my precious SE almost obsolete... *grumble*

14. Default

Or just increase the base HP, crit, speed etc of the classes that would recieve the little cute selfhelp skills. Let the original SE and HB work as it always have.

15. Default

Haha, yeah sorry, I didn't see it for several reasons. 1: wtp that lsit of item stats is just waaay to damm long. 2: I didn't have my contacts in. 3: Wait, I thought I had an other excuse... Oh yeah I also didn't.. wait no I forgot it.. nvm then.
    Gratz on 170 btw. (by this I mean update ur sig and stats etc, too)

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

It's easy to overlook that last part since there's a huge wall of just stats, stats, and more stats.

Also, nah. Still 80% to go before I can update status. Still taking it easy so I can get ample time to think up of some video I can slap together to get some hands-on experience with Sony Vegas before hitting 170.

17. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: ixSheng
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Nightlord
    Guild: Regulate

Well said, Sure it's nice to do party oriented questing but at times you want to do stuff solo too. These buffs will make solo maple life much easier.

18. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

The Self-HB is quite wonderful, although I wish it was lowered 10%, makes it much less useful then a Dark Knights Hyper Body yet still efficient enough to be useful and reduce the need to wash for lowered hp characters to Solo Bosses or training areas, also makes pot cost for Magician based classes much cheaper.

Although if the Self-Se is 125% damage added on like some of us suspect I won't be very happy, Thorns already can outdo SE for pretty much every non-ranged character, and now giving such a powerful Self-SE? *sigh*

Self-Haste is also good, reaching max speed for non-thief classes will be much easier, which as we all know, more speed can increase overall training speed, and since this means sacrificing less Attack/Primary stat equipment you can reach maximum killing speed and mobility quite efficiently.

The door is so awesome, no complaints there.

Overall I can't wait for these skills to get here, this lets Solo play much more possible, and in places such as Demethos where Dark Knights are not common, this can really help us out, we currently can't pull off a successful horntail considering we've got only 1 or 2 active Drk's available ever since Galacia's release. >_>

19. Proton

IGN: Murtagh72
    Server: GMS Scania
    Level: 12x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Resolve
    Alliance: Resolve
    usa

Well if I could read Korean then lol, but they are adding new things that upgrade and godlify the weapons even further.