Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

Hmm... who knows, maybe those are not separated jobs but are new ramifications to the adventurer classes after reaching the third job advancement. Sort of like the bladers... sort of...

Join the dark side, they have cookies. And are overpowered.

2. Default

Quest gives 44k EXP and you have to either finish the PQ or talk to the NPC who starts the PQ.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Only excited because there is the word "pirate" in this thread.

4. Default

With only two advancements? Isn't that sort of strange? It seems that it can either be A) Incomplete or B) A branch for the other classes or C) A completely new type of job with strange job advancements.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Don't care. It's a pirate.

6. Default

Really, really interesting. If these jobs are actually related to the Black Magician, then there will probably be a great contribute to the storyline.

Yup, and that's the most saddening part. Why making an online game have a final boss in the storyline if you will never actually release it in the game? I'm starting to think that this "Black Magician" guy will never show up. EVER.

Never-ending storyline?

7. Default

Stories can end, but that doesn't mean the game does. Where one story ends, a new one begins. Hence the release of these billion new jobs.

8. Default

I always thought of "MapleStory" as.. "My Character's Story."

All these jobs are nice and everything, but I think it's too much of an overload in terms of releasing. We just got Dual Bladers on the 25th of February. Evan we got sometime in December, and now we're getting these new jobs soon.

9. Default

I agree but in the long run, it's easier to create a huge new story based around new characters than adding one to the already existing characters. That might seem like a strange concept but think of it like this...

You add a new story to the adventurers line. There are already hundreds of level 200's and thousands of people 150+. That means they will finish up a large portion of the story in no time flat, making it sort of a futile effort for enjoyability.

If you add a new story and start from scratch with new characters, people have to adapt to these changes. They don't know what's coming and they're not going to be immediately strong enough to just rush through it all. You can use all of these new formulas and changes to make it more fun or strategic. Overall, this will last much longer for the player, and that's the goal.

Unfortunately for adventurers, that is very grim. But if this is their plan, I'm sure they'll continue adding other things for adventurers. I'm not totally opposed to new classes. I worked really hard on my I/L, but new classes add diversity and if they have their own stories, then new excitement. It's a little depressing to put my I/L on a shelf, but I know that's never going to be the end for it.

10. Default

It is all about making money.

If Nexon keeps making new classes with sepreate Cash Shops then you will have to keep buying the same things over and over again as you start again from scrath.

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Hurray for the Dark Element finally coming out?

12. Default

Why don't they do what filler anime's do? Complete the story, to heart of the people who actually care about the storyline(I'm not trying to insult, as I care about it to), then release a bunch of sagas or seasons of completely pointless but prolonging story bosses and storylines? Or they can just go all out, and make new islands with new stories with new villains completely different to the ''black magician'', and the black magician can just be a chapter of the many stories throughout the ever expanding maple universe, new continents, new towns, ect. That'd be something cool, wouldn't it? Hell, we already have a temple of time and void dimensions and all that, who's to say there isn't another spot in the maple universe far on the otherside where completely different adventurers are fighting against their greatest enemies? As far as I remember, Osyria and Ludi are in the sky, so you don't really have to go ''around the world'' to see that, I don't know about most other places, Korean Folk town is in a book(but that doesn't really explain the aqua road entrance I guess. Ect, there could be so much to do.

Pirate= heart, YES FINALLY PIRATEPIRATEPIRATEPIRATE DO WANT DO WANT (referring that one guy) I WANT IT NOW OR I'LL KILL YOU NOW!

13. Default

Evan has it allready

Dark fog
    Killing wing

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I mean like, as a main element.

15. Default

Unless they're either like an Evan in that they have a summon or are some kind of mutant, the magical laws of MapleStory say a human can't use dark magic without severe consequences.

16. Default

Didn't Grendel use dark magic in his youth? Not to mention the dark lord obviously has some form of darkness in him.

17. Default

Ok, I had a vision.

Dark Magician VS Godess.

Adventurers VS Black Wings.

All on the same map at the same time. EPIC BATTLE, PLEASE.

18. Default

Grendel did use dark magic, but it caused him to lose some of his power.

The dark lord has dakrness not dark magic

19. Default

You don't get it, jobs 2xxx are legends. 3xxx =/= legend.

20. Default

since were talking about darkness your forgot about the cygnus thief (Icarut/Eckhart) uses the element darkness
    Last edited by LunaKios; 2010-03-30 at 04:17 PM.