23 88.46%
  • No

3 11.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. xDae

Default [Guide] Collecting Phantom Seeds

Delete this and everyone of my other threads, and my account please

Global Ignore please
    Last edited by xDae; 2008-08-27 at 11:17 PM.

2. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HA!
    Server: HA!!
    Level: I'm
    Job: plagiarizing
    Guild: overused
    Alliance: internet memes!!1!

Do you have to kill the Windraiders? The lower people just trying to get this over with will certainly not be able to kill them, and if you don't have magic guard, you can't live in them and be able to kill the tree.

Otherwise, thanks!

edit: the easy way to get to the bottom of Crossroads 3 is to just follow the route to the top, then jump down.

Mages can also do the same for Crossroads 1.

Instructions:
    1) go to Bent Tree and enter the central portal.
    2) In Crossroads 1, smash trees, then go back the way you came. (3rd portal)
    3) In Bent Tree, enter the far right portal.
    4) In Haunted Hill, enter the top portal. BEWARE OF ELDER WRAITHS!!!
    5) Crossroads 1 Top, smash trees, drop to middle, smash more.
    6) cc, then repeat from 2.

You cannot reach CR 1 top without tele, so don't try it if you don't. You may be able to Flash Jump up there, but no guarentees.
    Last edited by randompeep; 2008-08-16 at 09:14 PM.

3. Default

Yeah, This guide help, but I've been doing exactly what you've said for the last 2 hours with only 4 seeds gained. x_X

Thanks. I'm starting to get tempted to sell them, people in scania are surfing the ch's yelling B> seeds 2mill each LOL

4. Default

My problem is not finding trees at all, its the ridiculous droprate. Out of 23 trees today i got 2 seeds.

pineappleing.
    seeds.

I'm giving up on this quest for now. Maybe in a couple weeks with there'll be less competition/demand for seeds and i can find/buy easier...

EDIT: o.0 wtp....
    Last edited by Spitzen; 2008-08-16 at 09:02 PM. Reason: pineappling!?

5. Default

I just surf the bottom of the Crossroads by channel surfing through rapidly, checking all three spawn points and then CCing again. I found 25 seeds and 14 (killed 11 of them) Headless Horsemans (yes, they spawn on Crossroads) during my session today. I was there for several hours, however.

I should finish up the quest tonight. :P It's bad, but not horrible. I highly enjoy the chance of running into HHs, too. It's hilarious how quickly I destroy them now (1 min or less, only takes the use of one MP repot).

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

If you can survive elder wraiths and have some sort of mobility skill the evil rising is an excellent map as well. I think there are like 4-5 spawn points and no one ever goes there because HH AND bigfoot spawn here.

@ spitzen: If you can't tell, whatever you tried to say is filtered to pineappling.

7. Default

Also that map has a spawn of Headless horsemans just for those of you to know...

I've been doing this, and there are around 2 trees per channel. If you CC on the bottom you respawn in the middle in the same map. quite easy to do. the other crossroads map is the same, except with no Hrorseman in it

8. Default

This sorta helped I guess....

9. Default

Yeah I have around 40 seeds, but I to tell you the truth i rather sell all of them, they fetch a pretty penny in scania.

10. Default

The route I take (Requires Crimsonwood Map):
    Start in Dead Man's Gorge, at the top left (use the bottom right gate to get up if you're on the floor).
    Go through it to Forgotten Path (far right).
    Change channel, you end up at the centre.
    Go through the portal to Crossroads (2), top.
    Jump down, take the far left portal.
    Run across Haunted Hill, enter the gate.

Forgotten Path has 1 tree near the middle portal.
    Crossroads (2) has 3 on top, 1 middle, 3 bottom.
    Haunted Hill has 2 easily accessable, on the first level of raised platforms, so as you go left just jump up to them.

When I get through 19 channels of this, I was doing TP4-TP5-Crossroads(3):
    Enter TP4 far left, go to far right portal.
    Go 2 portals left in TP5 (also check for additional tree at far left maybe)
    At Crossroads 3, kill anything, drop down, change channel.
    Enter 2nd from right portal to end up at the far left of TP4.

TP4+TP5 have 4 trees. Crossroads 3 has again.

There's a potential loop of Crossroads 1, TP3, and Phantom Road, however I'm not sure how many trees are in Phantom Road (the upper left portal in Phantom Road takes you to the top of Crossroads 1 without having to use teleport).
    Last edited by Stereo; 2008-08-16 at 10:54 PM.

11. Default

I did it a different way, worked well for me and no harm of Bigfoot.

Spoiler

Pretty simple, and Bigfoot-free!

12. Harrisonized

If you play in low quality, you can easily tell when theres a tree. The tree will simply be clearer than its surroundings.

I already knew about this, so I finished the quest before seeing it.

13. Default

^ Yeah, I was gonna mention that, but I figured it isn't too helpful knowing whether a tree is a tree compared to actually knowing where the trees are.

14. Default

Finally finished tonight :D! JUST AS PLANNED.

I perfected an awesome path, and I started racking them up much quicker than earlier. <3

15. Flatpanel TV

I claimed 8 seeds in 30 min, no 2x drop, no killing Windraiders. (Note: Magic Guard was essential to getting them, and I still died 5 times.)

edit: This is how you can tell a tree apart in high detail.
    Spoiler

As for finding the trees, I mostly used CR 1, as that is accesible from Haunted Hill, and is within easy distance of the House should I die.
    Last edited by randompeep; 2008-08-17 at 03:28 PM.

16. Custom User Title
    IGN: Will
    Level: 20
    Job: Metalworker
    Guild: Boston
    Alliance: Massachusetts
    usa

Turn your graphics all the way down.
    That way you can tell which tree is an enemy.

17. Flatpanel TV

Besides, unless you are not 4x (if so, why are you here?), if you ram yourself into a tree, it's not going to kill you.

Mages, there tends to be a tree at the top of Haunted Hill, on account of the fact that only mages can get up there. Just look out for Elder Wraiths!

@Shlau: Thanks, but there are so many people there, they kill the trees there before you know it. There is one at the far end (marked by my SSs) not around a lot of people, but it is not there that much.
    Last edited by randompeep; 2008-08-17 at 04:50 PM.

18. Default

You know, also Hermits (FJ) and CB (Assaulter) can get there

19. Flatpanel TV

I marked flash jump earlier, i just neglected to put it there this time. Assaulter, woops, missed it.