Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

KMST is stressing me out. Is Double Upper worth maxing now that there is Infighting Mastery in 3rd Job?

2. Default

Sorry. The thread stickied to the homepage of lolbasil had some false information.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Don't think so.

4. Default

we can pretty much just add the 20 points from lolwave into the new infighting 3rd job mastery thing right?

5. GLADIGATORS
    usa

10 points, and yes.

6. Default

I believe Infighting Master adds 70% per hit to Double Upper. That's what I'm getting when I translate the description.
    Thusly on Faster (2)
    Flash Fist: 577.8%/s
    Double Upper: 633.3%/s

Still wouldn't recommend you spend that many points into Double Upper though since lolsingletargettraining is lol.

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Except infighting mastery didn't add 120% per hit to CSB, why would it add 70% per hit of DU?

Needs testing.

8. Default

The wording in the description seems to imply that it does, whereas it doesn't specify like that for Corkscrew Blow or Backspin Blow. I could be horribly wrong though.

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Well i would think a skill like that would add the stated percentage to each hit (if the skill hits more than once) even if it wasn't explicitly stated, but still even with 3 hit corkscrew it wasn't per hit. :/ I didn't notice much increase in DU but i'll mess with SP resets a bit when i get on.

10. Default

I still just fundamentally don't believe in Double Upper. It is two times slower than Flash Fist, but is not two times stronger. Might as well have had Improved Infighting add some Flash Fist and Somersault Kick damage too since they care about it that much.

Anyways, the description in question.
    백스핀 블로우의 데미지 +100%, 더블 어퍼의 방 당 데미지 +70%, 스크류 펀치의 데미지 +120%
    Backspin Blow Damage +100%, Double Upper Damage (Per Hit?) +70%, Corkscrew Blow Damage +120%

Google Translate gives "per room", 방 itself has the meaning of Room, but among other nouns, shots comes up.

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I completely agree. The SP is no doubt better left somewhere else because that way you can have a lot more SP to work with in 3rd, plus you have MP recovery and barrel to enjoy earlier. I've always hated the delay on DU anyway. If it was just short enough where you could pop one off in a full jump i would use it over flash fist. By the way, spamming backspin across the map provides invincibility and constant stun. Assuming you constantly hit 4 targets (i usually hit 3-4 constantly else i just switch to CSB) would it out damage SSK on 6 targets? With or without stun mastery?

12. Default

What's the spamming delay like in KMST, because it was horrid (almost 2 seconds) with monsters present last time I played my Brawler. Video to frame count and the weapon speed would be nice, but you should generally be able to tell how useful it is by actually using it in combat and finding how well it kills things comparatively.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Spamming delay is non existant just like DU.

Footage of spamming backspin starts around 2:00

14. Default

I wouldn't touch DU for the same reasons I wouldn't touch Shockwave: Even if it gets to be a decent skill, there are more and better skills to max, and it gets replaced in 4th job by other skill. Consider that Barrage is now spammable, and that it also triggers stun mastery.

15. Default

We'll just estimate with the current action delay @960ms

Somersault Kick: 238.1%/s per mob
    Backspin Blow: 322.9%/s per mob

It's better on five but not six. Considering Stun Mastery, Backspin Blow: ~346.4%/s, assuming the monster begins stunned, about even on mobs of six. Slightly favours Somersault Kick. It's really all about hits to kill and effectiveness in training at this point though.

Heh. For reference, assuming exactly one second charge time on Corkscrew Blow: 250%/s per mob full charge. Obviously not practical in many scenarios but this is an example of DPS vs practicality.

With Improved Infighting:
    Backspin Blow: 427.1%/s per mob
    With Stun Mastery: 450.5%/s per mob
    Corkscrew Blow: 315.2%/s per mob

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Huh. And here i was spamming charged CSB to kill mobs, lolz.

17. Default

Oh wow, they got rid of Backspin delays too? This is great! Nothing to complain about anymore.

Never mind, Double Upper is spammable now. Can someone do calculations based on the new video on the KMST videos thread?

18. Default

Before the new skill, I remember seeing that spamming Flash Fist was stronger than spamming DU. With the new skill, DU should be a little better, but just not good enough...

Now you just gotta wonder the utility of DU. During most of 2nd/3rd job you'll be training in mobs, no bossing outside of Party Quests and Dojo. It just seems to me that Flash Fist would suffice for that, and in 3rd job you get Drain (superior to FF at level 1) and Blast anyway. I remember spamming these skills a lot more as a Marauder at Dojo than DU>FF. Probably the new Marauder bossing style is gonna be something more like FF and Energy Skills. If you can't effectively CSB>Blast anymore, goodbye to "k guys wait here, I'll solo Crog" Marauder days. :(

So anyway, get Barrel and MP Recovery. These are irreplaceable. DU gets replaced.

19. Default

yay for 100% stun utility facing forward!

20. Default

Which level 1 should be enough for :P