Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default

Because time and time again Nexon has proven how incapable they are of game balancing. Though I don’t think it's ever as bad as most make out.

2. Default

Wow. That was a sneaky change. In any case, at least we know that Dual Blades don't have HP problems. This is my UNWASHED, non Blood Build character :

3. Default

That is a lot more HP that I expected, for sure. I still think they will need HP wash a little bit to possibly HT or at worst PB, but that is an improvement.

Do you know how much HP you gain (roughly) per level up?

4. Default

That HP easily remind me of Aran's HP. They seem to be pretty close using Basil's Aran Damage Range thread as reference.
    Last edited by Lan; 2010-02-25 at 02:17 PM.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Wait. WHAT? They upped their HP gain??? Jesus Christ! Dual Blades win all of Maple.

But....... does that mean it's technically possibly to change the HP formula for all classes, thus being able to balance what was considered un-balanceable?

*This is pure speculation since Justin seems to be implying they snuck in a change to the HP they gain per level.
    Last edited by IllegallySane; 2010-02-25 at 03:07 PM.

6. Default

At 18X, changing how much HP us Night lords gets per lvl up feels kind of feeble. However, if it means they give me 5-10 hp more per level I've already gained, then hell yes.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Even at a meager 5 extra HP per level from 10-180, that's +850 HP. If +10 HP per level, +1,700 HP. It's faaaaaaaar from "feeble" adding in that little bit of HP, since it really adds up.

8. Default

No, it doesn't add up because he's 180 and can only level 20 more times.

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

But he's saying he wants more HP for every level he's ALREADY gotten.

10. Default

CarrionCrow is saying that.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

So is illegally. o.o

12. Default

Yup, but Illegally mistook his words. He thought CarrionCrow was implying recovering all hp doesn't do anything. But just a misread.

Case solved.

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Great. Can anyone name a negative of Dual Blades?

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

I'm not talking about levels 180-200 HP, but adjusting pre-180 HP level. For example, it can be a one time fix of: HP + (Level - 10 * 5) for adjusting, and from there onwards the HP formula will be accordingly adjusted. I remembered an old game I played called Priston Tale actually increased the HP of archers. I think it was level-wise as well as whatever stat affected HP. Then we have WoW where they upped the base HP of Shamans by 7%. I'm sure if an unheard of MMO and the most popular MMO can do it, Maple can do it.

*Doh, ninja-ed byTakebacker and Alloy, sorta.
    Last edited by IllegallySane; 2010-02-25 at 04:37 PM.

15. Default

For WoW, characters of the same class all gain the exact same amount of HP for each level I believe. That's one reason why it can be so easily done.
    Maple involves levels, class, AP, and random distribution, and if they screw it up, you're boned big time. For example, if they changed the amount of HP you gain per level, they would have to change the amount of HP you gain per AP. How would all the HP-washed players and blood built players feel about that? As far as I know, there's no actual way to determine how many AP points you've put into HP. You can only know how many points you haven't put into main-stats. Retroactively giving HP would likely roll a random number based on your level. People would always complain about getting the short end of the stick if they roll the lowest possible number sets, even though the average is much higher, and if you make the roll based on the average, people who level there will feel they got cheated because they had the possibility to hit low numbers and the rollers didn't. Not to mention they probably can't give HP retroactively for AP spent.
    I think the better solution would be to give HP bonuses at the 3rd and/or 4th job advancements and retroactively add those, since they're not affected by large numbers of rolls nor AP.

As for Priston Tale though, they had pretty bad development. It wouldn't surprise me if they screwed it up. Though they did have a Vitality Stat, so they could have just adjusted how much HP that gave people.

16. Default

I don't see why people like you want to rush to get to level 200...to show off how no life you are?

AFAIK most people either quit maple or start a new char, therefore abandoning their char either way so I don't see how you can be "attached" to your char<---nerd to the extreme much?

17. Default

Well at least if these are going to be limited edition characters it won't completely destroy all adventurers. But does that also mean they are going to release a permanent Thief legend soon?
    Last edited by Cynic; 2010-02-26 at 01:09 AM.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

Saw Spadow's newest blog videos.

Level 68->69 Dual Blader in this video

HP went from 2482 -> 2505 (+23 HP)
    MP went from 1493 -> 1508 (+15 MP, +14 MP without the 12 INT)

If we set this Dual Blade's HP to level 36, Justin's level, we get 2505 - (33 * 23) = 2505 - 759 = 1,746 HP. This amount is really close to 1714. Probably the 32 HP difference is solely due to random HP amount gained during leveling as well as the higher level Legendary Blade.

Setting the Dual Blade to level 120 (where taking damage really amps up).
    2505 + (51 * 23) = 2505 + (1173) = 3,678 HP at level 120, before equipping an appropriate level Blade.

Setting the Dual Blade to level 150 (a typical level the Dual Blade should be able to boss).
    2505 + (81 * 23) = 2505 + (1863) = 4,368 HP at level 150, before equipping an appropriate level Blade.

Evaluation? Dual Bladers will have HP problems, but it's nowhere near as big a problem as we previously thought. They are almost as fragile as ranged classes, but we still don't know how does the "Stack" effect from 4th job affects their survivability so it's still possible they only need enough HP to train, and they are golden on bosses. As far as I know though, they need HP washing, badly. It's hard, but not impossible.
    Last edited by IllegallySane; 2010-02-26 at 12:06 AM.

19. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: ixSheng
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Nightlord
    Guild: Regulate

are you kidding? they are seriously not that fragile.. actually they are much less fragile than ranged.. This class does NOT require hp wash for HT. At 170 and hp/blood washed i have 5.5k hp as a nightlord. This includes medal and hp nose. If you have experience with an nl you will be happy to make this class with the hp they are given. 160 is the appropriate level for no damage reduction sooo lets add in the extra 10 lvls of hp THEN equip the medal, then equip the blade which gives hp and you are just fine HTing without washing. Sure for PB they may need washing but lets be real, how many maplers out there are going to get high enough for that or even have the connects to get into one.. PB should be the least of anyones concerns. I am very happy about this hp, this class will be everything i wanted, a high damaging class that doesn't have to break the bank.

20. Default

This class dual bladers are melee??? So they attack close so they get bumped??? Requires lots of hp washing in order to go bosses like BF, anego, tengo, etc.....