Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Still tweaking Dual Blades on patch day? lol.

2. Default

Do you stay in darksight even during the attack (Chains of Hell, for example) or do you simply exit DS, attack, then re-enter automatically when ADS is triggered? I can see some potential problems with staying in darksight the entire time (2+ seconds), but if you can pot while in the middle of your attack, I don't think it will matter much.

Either way, if the class continues as it is (Highest DPS) there will always be people (and this will probably include me, given that I've been waiting for such a class to train again) who will shell out incredible amounts of NX to wash it to 15k+ HP and keep the MP high (for Sudden Raid). For those people, their HP/MP amounts won't matter, as long as their damage is insane.

3. Default

Actually while activating chains of hell, it's the same as assassinate and you exit out of Dark Sight. Most likely regardless of Advanced Dark Sight level.

4. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I think it's a good thing that the huge increase in Sudden raid occurred. How much MP does one have at 130, anyways? I mean, if you HP washed a lot, you won't have enough MP, but if you didn't HP wash a lot, then you won't have enough HP. Only way around this is to wash using godly INT equipment and resetting all of your LUK into INT points and back again, or perhaps use HP equipment. More money for Nexon, though.

Evans still kind of suck compared to nonmage classes.

5. Default

The problem is that Sudden Raid seems like such a good move that you could level up to 14X~15X at the speed of an AM without breaking a sweat and easily achieve the necessary MP by then, also as I have mentioned, you could also delay adding to HP while accumulating MP from INT and equip-INT.

6. Default

I meant more about the changing at the last minute.

7. Default

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I heard somewhere that you had to buy the skill books for this class in the cash shop with actual money via NX? o.o Is that true? :S And if so, when would you have to start doing that?

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

1. Yes. However, you can also get skill books from "normal" methods.

2. Probably 4th job.

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Half true.

You don't HAVE to buy them. It's completely optional, though if it proves to be much cheaper than buying it normally it'd be better to just do that.

10. Default

You know that stack effect in 4th job? Is it possible that the shadow parter temporarily stops attacking (90 seconds) to block a certain amount of damage? This would explain such a high X variable.

If this is true, they could either do amazing DPM but have bad survivability, or awesome defence (15500 total damage off?) and still have good DPM.

What the heck!

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

We haven't seen the Stack effect in action yet.

There are a few possibilities for how Stack works.

1. Works the way you say it would: Absorbs hits up to that value but everything past that value will be taken in full
    2. Absorbs the hits but takes damage like Corsair's Battleship
    3. Absorbs hits like Puppet, taking reduced damage (~1/6-1/7 of the damage is actual damage to the puppet) up until 15,500 HP is gone, but still overall giving the Dual Blade significant suvivability in comparison to option 2, but much less than option 1.

That is probably the big deal breaker. If Option 1, Dual Blades are THE most powerful class in Maple. If 2, Dual Blades won't make it for stuff like Horntail, Pink Bean, and future hard hitting bosses since they'll be recasting Mirror Image and Stack just to even survive. If 3, it's more balanced, but is still insanely easy for the Dual Blader to take hits because there's no cooldown effect on Stack, so it's a permanent Puppet effect on them.
    Last edited by IllegallySane; 2010-02-24 at 07:32 PM.

12. Default

But boosting up Adventurers screwes over Legends...

Adventurers are supposed to be the "Normal" mode of this game, while Legends are the "Hard" mode. (Just like X being normal and Zero being hard difficulty in the megaman X games). But if you boost up adventurers to that level of a Legend, what's left for a reason for you to play a Legend class? You can be on an equal strength level to that of a Legend without all the questing to get your skills and the new playing systems making your path harder.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Psh, considering Dual Blade IS an Adventurer class, Legends are already screwed.

14. Default

Fixed for you

I'm not against boosting up adventurers, I'm against broken dual Blade's

15. Default

^why is anyone screwed when a new class comes out?

It gives the game more variety so people won't be stuck with those same old classes that have been around for years...

A new class introduced doesn't mean ur old class gets deleted and it does not stop u from playing the class you love

I don't know why are u guys QQing about such an awsome new class...if it is overpowered that just means ur existing class will get rebalanced harder in later patches... So in the end everybody wins

16. Default

Only, nothing, and I do mean nothing at all, forces Nexon to rebalance the adventurers in any meaningful way. They could just view em as old and outdated and continue to release these ugly and awkwardly designed new classes. I love my Night lord but if it will be outdone in every single way, pineapple if I'm going to restart and get another character to 18X. Because if the new classes will be the standard, how will our old handicapped adventurers fare in the higher lvl areas that's to come?

17. Default

You can't be serious.

On a more serious note, wouldn't NLs still be on top of DPS chart? With Thorns and SE, you'll still own bosses bad. It's going to be almost 100% Crit rate for NLs..

18. Default

Nexon is being forced to do rebalanced...why do u think last several rebalanced patch happened?

Nexon korea is indeed under pressure to rebalance old classes by QQing old class player like urself...

Also I don't understand how anyone can play an NL to 18x legit and not wanting to try new class...

19. Default

That why I spoke of meaningful changes, not the crap most of the KMS updates were about. We need revamps, not some small power ups. I do not want more damage, I want dynamic skills that are useful.

And about my NL, firstly I've tried other chars, I have a ton of em. Secondly If you have no non-magi characters in the lvl 170+ range I understand why you hav no clue what I mean. Restarting after geting that far, without any leeching or cawksucking, would be extremely tedious. Why even play a game if the goal aint to get to the "end"? Playing Maple for years and not hit the higher levels would be, at least to me, a total friggin failure. redoing all the low level crap again, collecting 300 monstercard, getting almost all the medals, getting a black dragon and level it to 30, finishing 99% of all quests available, working on getting "godly" equips and forge enough fury starts to last for 4 hours etc and so on, and then do it all over again? sorry I do not have another 4 years I wanna invest in stuff I've already done. If you do have a character at a high level, obviously, my argument does not aim at you, and you should be able to understand that some of us like to stick to characters we have grown attached to.