Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

No, there is a softkeyboard. So you can type it in with your keyboard or click on it with your mouse. Using both methods is best for security.

2. Default

Isn't there a type of keylogger where it can take a picture everytime you're mouse clicks?

3. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

The PIC is a soft keyboard....texting style.

What a pain to write 16 characters. Plus the keys get scrambled sometimes.
    Last edited by Corn; 2010-02-10 at 11:56 AM.

4. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

if someone has that kind of keylogger on their comp they are going to fishy sites. Keyloggers need to stop being talked about if you have one your screwed point black

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Looks like there's no way to change your PIC, either. Also, you have to enter your PIN on the first time you log in.
    Last edited by Corn; 2010-02-10 at 12:02 PM.

6. Default

3 password layering system:

1) Original password to enter account
    2) PIN
    3) PIC (2nd password, technically)

This helps, but the PIC thing sorta annoys me, because it works like the PIN, and I cannot type.

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

You don't need PIN the second time you log on. Already tested it out.

8. Default

Nexon should sell those keys paypal used for extra security. Something physical.

9. Default

Is there a way to reset PIC's? My friend asked me to setup a store for her so I thought I setup a "temporary" PIC for her and now I think it's permanent. >_< MAN, THIS SUCKS!

10. Default

They'll probably come up with a way to do so...but at the moment no.

11. Default

that means if hackers get through your PIC, your account is screwed unless you constantly change your PW right?

12. Default

Wondering would the old pin reset from the website work to reset PIC's? Has anyone tested it or has it been removed?

13. Default

Ugh I thought we had the choice to type it out? If I could type it out I would make it the full 16 letters but it takes like 8 minutes to punch it in with that ridiculous soft keyboard.

14. Default

Nexon's reaction to this is exactly the same as Asiasoft when MSEA first experience the database hacking incident in 2008.

Also, PIC == MSEA second password system :P

15. Default

So did they remove the birthday requirement to delete characters? I'm at work so I can't check.

16. Default

My same reaction. I'm through with this game until they do something about the unnecessarily difficult to use soft keys. Even if they just make it so you can type it out on your computer. I don't care if it lowers my protection from keyloggers, I never go on sketchy sites and have computer security. Besides, the PIN protected you from keyloggers anyways, so how is this any better?

17. Default

Based on MSEA, if you have a PIC [Second password] set you'll need to input both birthdate [13 Digit Asiasoft passport for MSEA] and PIC.

18. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Doesn't take that long after a while, since the buttons never change positions.

19. Default

Bday requirement removed, only PIC is used to delete characters...

20. Default

Yes they do. If you use more than just lower case letters, when you switch back to another panel they've switched. So by making my password more secure by using all three, I've made it phenomenally more difficult for myself.